Cutlers an enigma

Jetster

But watching him wing it I would LOVE to put a decent Oline in front of him with Marshall/Decker/Enunwa/Peake/Anderson/Forte/Powell/Stud RB draft pick. 

You don't need a GREAT defense if your able to pressure opposing defenses by forcing them to defend the entire Field. I know, I know, Jays an SOB, but OMG it would be fun to watch our offense, lol.

Yes! I'm so sick of not having a QB that can air it out I'd seriously be OK having Cutler if Petty shows nothing. My 1st choice is getting Glennon & letting him, Petty & Hack fight it out, but I think we'd be surprised how a guy like Cutler could bring some offensive excitement to our team. 

I just want to see some long passes, I haven't seen it since Testeverde. We'd get some huge PI plays down the field, that I can guarantee.

Jay Cutler comes off as an arrogant SOB, but in reality, he is a type 1 (insulin) diabetic. I used to be a type 2 and I can tell you from experience, diabetics are cranky, moody and generally like a female PMS'ing on a daily basis. 

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

It's almost like we already saw him throw to Marshall, Forte and another tall receiver like Alsho....Eric Decker...

That's right, but their defense was WAS THE WORSE IN THE LEAGUE then. Oh, and they beat us on SNF if I'm remembering correctly. For S & Gs switch Fitz out for Cutler in this MNF game and try to imagine what this game would look like.

Pretty, pretty, pretty bad I bet.

3 minutes ago, rillo said:

Want nothing to do with him, which means the Jets will probably get him once he's cut next year. 

So who are you rolling with if Petty sh*ts the bed? You NEED a starting QB in this league I believe. I'm not trying to be facetious but Jet fans act like QBs are hanging from trees & Macc can just go pluck one like an apple, lol. You also have to get fans azzes in their seats at the stadium. This is a BUSINESS after all.

Cutler is not an enigma.  He is a distant, arrogant, heavily flawed player.  He has been chased out of Denver, he is getting chased out of Chicago.  His coaches don't like him.  His teammates don't seem to either.  He is not a leader.  He is just an arm with a poor attitude.

The Cutler obsession of some fans is what I find to be the enigma.  His puzzle is already solved and complete as far as I am concerned.

34 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Jay Cutler comes off as an arrogant SOB, but in reality, he is a type 1 (insulin) diabetic. I used to be a type 2 and I can tell you from experience, diabetics are cranky, moody and generally like a female PMS'ing on a daily basis. 

This is an interesting fact.  I did not know that .  Perhaps, this is an explanation.  Nevertheless, it doesn't change the bottom line. Nobody that has ever worked with him, coach or player, has ever fought to keep working with him.  Not a characteristic anyone should want in a QB.

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Cutler is not an enigma.  He is a distant, arrogant, heavily flawed player.  He has been chased out of Denver, he is getting chased out of Chicago.  His coaches don't like him.  His teammates don't seem to either.  He is not a leader.  He is just an arm with a poor attitude.

The Cutler obsession of some fans is what I find to be the enigma.  His puzzle is already solved and complete as far as I am concerned.

Cutler got traded out of Denver by Josh McDaniel who proceeded to replace him with Tim friggin Tebow.

His coaches in Chicago aren't exactly a who's who of NFL legends.

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Cutler got traded out of Denver by Josh McDaniel who proceeded to replace him with Tim friggin Tebow.

His coaches in Chicago aren't exactly a who's who of NFL legends.

You and I agree on a lot of different things.  But I am not arguing with you about Cutler.  We still have the Winston vs. Mariota debate pending.

One which I still believe I will win... :)

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Lmao! Coming from a fan of the NY Jets who haven't had a QB with an arm as good as Cutler since Vinnie T was our QB. Cutler would be one of the best QBs the Jets have ever had, whether he's a flawed player or not,lol.

Just now, RoadFan said:

You and I agree on a lot of different things.  But I am not arguing with you about Cutler.  We still have the Winston vs. Mariota debate pending.

I think alot of the criticisms of Cutler are warranted but he hasn't had a good Coaching staff since Mike Shanahan.

Just now, Jetster said:

Lmao! Coming from a fan of the NY Jets who haven't had a QB with an arm as good as Cutler since Vinnie T was our QB. Cutler would be one of the best QBs the Jets have ever had, whether he's a flawed player or not,lol.

Vinny actually had a far worse career than Cutler prior to when Parcells traded for him in 1998.  He was even brought in as a backup to the immortal Foley that's how lowly people thought of him.

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This is an interesting fact.  I did not know that .  Perhaps, this is an explanation.  Nevertheless, it doesn't change the bottom line. Nobody that has ever worked with him, coach or player, has ever fought to keep working with him.  Not a characteristic anyone should want in a QB.

Looks like his team is rallying with him tonight? After missing 5 games I think his teammates realize he gives them their best chance to win. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

But watching him wing it I would LOVE to put a decent Oline in front of him with Marshall/Decker/Enunwa/Peake/Anderson/Forte/Powell/Stud RB draft pick. 

You don't need a GREAT defense if your able to pressure opposing defenses by forcing them to defend the entire Field. I know, I know, Jays an SOB, but OMG it would be fun to watch our offense, lol.

Yes! I'm so sick of not having a QB that can air it out I'd seriously be OK having Cutler if Petty shows nothing. My 1st choice is getting Glennon & letting him, Petty & Hack fight it out, but I think we'd be surprised how a guy like Cutler could bring some offensive excitement to our team. 

I just want to see some long passes, I haven't seen it since Testeverde. We'd get some huge PI plays down the field, that I can guarantee.

As you fawn over Cutler, tonight he's 19 of 30 for 239 YDS and 1 TD.

Sound familiar?

SAR I

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Vinny was a beloved teammate.  Cutler is like a talented #9 target man striker that can score goals, but moves from club to club because nobody wants to work with him for more than a few years. 

Guys like Balotelli and Ibrahimovic come to mind. 

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Vinny was a beloved teammate.  Cutler is like a talented #9 target man striker that can score goals, but moves from club to club because nobody wants to work with him for more than a few years. 

Guys like Balotelli and Ibrahimovic come to mind. 

After two seasons of $hitzpatrick and his ducks, Marshall will welcome Cutler with wide open arms.

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Looks like his team is rallying with him tonight? After missing 5 games I think his teammates realize he gives them their best chance to win. 

Josh McCown gives the Browns the best chance to win.  So what?  Meanwhile, reports recently surfaced that John Fox is "done with Jay Cutler."  But that he is basically forced to play him because of the financial reasons and the injury to Hoyer.  He certainly can't start Matt Barkley.  Fox might have let Hoyer keep playing. Do you pay attention to anything?

Fox is well respected and has been around the league a long time.  He knows a dud when he sees one.  If you think I'm an idiot, you'd be terribly wrong, but do you trust John Fox?

4 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Yeah except he's doing it against the best defense in the NFL and your boy did it against the 0-10 Browns.

He's not my boy; I don't want him on the team.  That said, I don't want him scapegoated like all the Jets quarterbacks before him either.

How is the Seattle defense?  How is the Pittsburgh defense?

vs. Seattle 23 of 41 for 261 YDS 1 TD

vs. Pittsburgh 25 of 38 for 255 YDS 1 TD

Anyone fawning over Jay Cutler tonight should be more appreciative of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

Cutler is Jeff George 2.0.  Garbage attitude, poor teammate, but physically gifted.  Always shows flashes, but never gets it together.  Teammates hate him, coaches hate him.  I'll never forget him not playing thru pain in that championship game.  Yeah you're hurt, but you're playing to go to the Super Bowl.  Believe he was out partying that night too.  With that said, there will be several teams pursuing him come the offseason.  The QB situation in the NFL is that bad.  Chicago will get more than you think.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

We have two QB's on the roster right now who have as strong if not stronger arms than Cutler right now.  Hackenberg has a Howitzer.

There was a time where I would have loved Jay Cutler.  I don't think I feel the same way anymore.

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

So who are you rolling with if Petty sh*ts the bed? You NEED a starting QB in this league I believe. I'm not trying to be facetious but Jet fans act like QBs are hanging from trees & Macc can just go pluck one like an apple, lol. You also have to get fans azzes in their seats at the stadium. This is a BUSINESS after all.

It is a business, and cutler is bad business. You can keep waiting for cutler to "get it" but he won't.  It'll more disappointment and  .500 and under seasons, but hey, he throws a nice football. He's Jeff George 2.0

Archived