Two Players who I Think Will have GREAT Second Halfs

JetBlue

Pretty Obvious in that I mean Brandon Marshall and Sheldon Richardson and for different reasons.   For Brandon, he is going to be so happy he is still a Jet he will show his appreciation the only way he knows how and that is to become his old dominant self.   As a side bar, I think that the emergence of Enunwa, continued integration of Anderson and Peake into the passing game, will only make Brandon better because teams are going to pay if the continue to double team him.   There there are X factors ASJ and Devin Smith; will either of them give the team anything this year?  I am betting to say yes at least to a degree, more so, if or when Petty becomes the starter.   If Fitz can get the time to set himself, stop being Mr. one read and actually get the ball to these other weapons, I think Marshall will really come alive albeit with fewer targets.   It sucks to be the Dolphins! :-)

Now Sheldon Richardson probably feels he was disrespected and is unwanted or at least trade bait, I fully expect him to turn up his game in a **** YOU to Mac and Co.  Sometimes the players need to mad at somebody to play at the top of their game.  (By the way the same kinda goes with Fitz although with his limited skill set, he ain't gonna get too much better. Just no Ints, please).  It will really be interesting to see how Sheldon plays on Sunday; I fully expect him to have that proverbial chip on the shoulder.  I just hope he can keep his composure and not do anything stupid.  If he can keep his emotions under control, I think he could have a great game and continue that the rest of the year.  

Marshall and Richardson are definitely two players to keep an eye on, going forward the rest of the year.   

44 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Ok to expand, Marshall needs a better QB and Richardson needs a better coach.  There, how's that? :) 

Fitz is going to have a better second half (can it really be much worse than his first?) and as for richardson the guy is a monster he is an elite player but he is not needed on our roster with leo and wilk. He is better than wilkerson and maybe even leo but I am scared to see the type of contract richardson is going to demand.

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Pretty Obvious in that I mean Brandon Marshall and Sheldon Richardson and for different reasons.   For Brandon, he is going to be so happy he is still a Jet he will show his appreciation the only way he knows how and that is to become his old dominant self.   As a side bar, I think that the emergence of Enunwa, continued integration of Anderson and Peake into the passing game, will only make Brandon better because teams are going to pay if the continue to double team him.   There there are X factors ASJ and Devin Smith; will either of them give the team anything this year?  I am betting to say yes at least to a degree, more so, if or when Petty becomes the starter.   If Fitz can get the time to set himself, stop being Mr. one read and actually get the ball to these other weapons, I think Marshall will really come alive albeit with fewer targets.   It sucks to be the Dolphins! :-)

Now Sheldon Richardson probably feels he was disrespected and is unwanted or at least trade bait, I fully expect him to turn up his game in a **** YOU to Mac and Co.  Sometimes the players need to mad at somebody to play at the top of their game.  (By the way the same kinda goes with Fitz although with his limited skill set, he ain't gonna get too much better. Just no Ints, please).  It will really be interesting to see how Sheldon plays on Sunday; I fully expect him to have that proverbial chip on the shoulder.  I just hope he can keep his composure and not do anything stupid.  If he can keep his emotions under control, I think he could have a great game and continue that the rest of the year.  

Marshall and Richardson are definitely two players to keep an eye on, going forward the rest of the year.   

Eh, if they weren't motivated already, I am skeptical that reasons average Joe fans would be motivated are going to be reasons an NFL caliber athlete gets motivated. 

They aren't us. We aren't them. 

In my opinion Billal Powell is the guy who's gonna dominate in the 2nd half. This of course is assuming the Jets actually give him the touches he deserves. If you look at late last year when the Jets got on a roll and beat the Giants, Pats, Titans, etc. Powell was the most vital part of keeping that offense going in the pass game. Week 17, Jets look lost, lose the final game of the year... guess who didn't suit up that game due to injury? Billal Powell. You know who was inactive the first time we lost to the bills last year? Billal Powell. Give this man the touches he deserves. What is he averaging 7.1 YPC? 

I don't think any players are going to "Go Off" but a players that may see more snaps is Powell. As the season grows long and the temps drop Father Time will hold Forte back. 

On a personal level I would like to see some of the secondary depth and QB depth. Get those guys some playing time so we know what we have. 

10 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Fitz is going to have a better second half (can it really be much worse than his first?) and as for richardson the guy is a monster he is an elite player but he is not needed on our roster with leo and wilk. He is better than wilkerson and maybe even leo but I am scared to see the type of contract richardson is going to demand.

Stop it.

Just stop.

We throw the term "elite player" around here like a dog shaking water off its back.

"Elite" means you're one of the top 2 or 3 players at your position. it means you routinely have a significant impact on the outcome of games.

Sheldon Richardson does not meet that description. Not close. He's produced 1.5 sacks so far this year. 

Just stop. Enough is enough with this nonsense.

Brandon Marshall almost cried when he thought he was going to get traded.  Tears almost fell from his beautiful eyes.  That's a man who wants to be a part of this turnaround.

Sheldon was like, **** it.  Lite up a blunt and got lifted while he went over the Dolphags film.  

10-6 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t think Fitz locks onto Marshall quite as much as people think.

Cleveland Targets

Enunwa- 11

Marshall- 9

Anderson- 6

Baltimore Targets

Anderson- 3

Enunwa- 4

Marshall- 8

Arizona Targets

Marshall- 6

Enunwa- 5

Anderson-6

Pitt Tagets

Marshall- 15

Enunwa-7

Anderson-2

Seattle Targets

Marshall- 12

Enunwa- 7

Anderson- 6

Chiefs Targets

Marshall- 10

Enunwa- 11

Anderson- 2

These are the targets by game since Decker was lost. I don’t have a problem with this ratio. I thought it was going to be drastically in favor of Marshall and that’s not the case.

What the Jets did last year, which worked so successfully was focus the passing game around 2 players. Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker. They received the large volume of looks and the offense ran smoothly. Guys like Enunwa, Thompkins, and Powell made contributions here and there.

People need to remember that Brandon Marshall is the best skill player on our offense. HE SHOULD BE GETTING THE BALL THE MOST. If he wasn’t, something is going wrong. Enunwa is basically trying to fill Deckers role as that number 2 guy with Anderson, Forte, and Powell being sprinkled in.

39 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don’t think Fitz locks onto Marshall quite as much as people think.

Cleveland Targets

Enunwa- 11

Marshall- 9

Anderson- 6

Baltimore Targets

Anderson- 3

Enunwa- 4

Marshall- 8

Arizona Targets

Marshall- 6

Enunwa- 5

Anderson-6

Pitt Tagets

Marshall- 15

Enunwa-7

Anderson-2

Seattle Targets

Marshall- 12

Enunwa- 7

Anderson- 6

Chiefs Targets

Marshall- 10

Enunwa- 11

Anderson- 2

These are the targets by game since Decker was lost. I don’t have a problem with this ratio. I thought it was going to be drastically in favor of Marshall and that’s not the case.

What the Jets did last year, which worked so successfully was focus the passing game around 2 players. Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker. They received the large volume of looks and the offense ran smoothly. Guys like Enunwa, Thompkins, and Powell made contributions here and there.

People need to remember that Brandon Marshall is the best skill player on our offense. HE SHOULD BE GETTING THE BALL THE MOST. If he wasn’t, something is going wrong. Enunwa is basically trying to fill Deckers role as that number 2 guy with Anderson, Forte, and Powell being sprinkled in.

What font are you using?

11 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I sometimes write my posts in my Microsoft Outlook email. Then copy and paste it onto here. That way it looks like I'm working HA!

It's Calibri body size 11.

And I bet you bitch about players taking plays off, and want them cut :D

Archived