If We Fire Bowles Who Wnats to Come Here?

Lot K Tailgaters

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm pretty sure Mac stays - but Bowles being gone isn't a forgone conclusion.

No, but Woody Johnson does not like being embarrassed and he certainly should have been last night with VP Mike Pence in attendance. I can imagine how Woody felt, considering he is being vetted as Ambassador to the Court of St. James. I hope last night exposed Bowles as a man in over his head with a locker room divided by culture and age differential and that he finally allows Mac to rebuild from the ground up. There is some good talent here that is being undermined by veterans who have tuned out Bowles (Revis, Richardson, Wilkerson) and by a bunch of FA's who have not produced. Notice how most of the guys who have packed it in are on defense, which is supposed to be Bowles specialty?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What has Macc done constructive in the NFL last time I checked the Texans havent won a Super Bowl and they certainly dont have a franchise QB. 

So sick and tired of the Macc pacifists he has done nothing here there or anywhere. 

Next man up. 

Last time I checked Macc wasn't the GM of the Texans, but is a well respected talent guy around the league.  Bowles looks lost, different situation.  

I didn't like the Hack pick, but if he, or Petty,  steps on the field next year, and turns out to be an NFL QB,  Macc will be NFL front office guy of the year .......again

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Last time I checked Macc wasn't the GM of the Texans, but is a well respected talent guy around the league.  Bowles looks lost, different situation.  

I didn't like the Hack pick, but if he, or Petty,  steps on the field next year, and turns out to be an NFL QB,  Macc will be NFL front office guy of the year .......again

What talent in Houston was he specifically responsible for?  Talk is cheap show me proof he is solely responsible for anything positive with the Texans. 

This thought that almost any NFL coach who wants to be a head coach will be picky about the teams he goes to is laughable.  there are 32 job sin the world like that and a lot of money on the table.  Also every guy who is going to be a head coach thinks he can fix a team.  If a guy had multiple offers he may not want to go to the jets but otherwise any guy, new or vet would take the job.

In any case, no sense in even talking about this right now as Bowles is not going anywhere.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

What talent in Houston was he specifically responsible for?  Talk is cheap show me proof he is solely responsible for anything positive with the Texans. 

Mac came here highly touted for his work as a scout and a talent evaluator. Bowles came highly recommended I think as a favor to Bruce Ariens, becuase I can't see much in the way of strong HC traits with this guy.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

Mac came here highly touted for his work as a scout and a talent evaluator. Bowles came highly recommended I think as a favor to Bruce Ariens, becuase I can't see much in the way of strong HC traits with this guy.

When did the texans win a Super Bowl I must've missed it. 

Bowles rode Arians coat tails the hiring was dumb from the beginning. 

8 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Simple question.  If we fire Bowles after two years who would really want to be our head coach knowing they don't have much time?  It was hard enough to get Bowles and Mac to come here after the Idzik billboards.  Firing them sounds great but most above average coaches wouldn't want anything to do with this organization.

The general manager should pick his own coach.   The owner shouldn't get involve as he should let football guy he hired  make that decision.    After five years( enough time to accurately access GM ability) than the owner can make a decision on that GM.

There are only 32 NFL head coaches job.   So even if it isn't the best situation currently , there will always be quality head coaches interesting.( not to mention Woody Johnson pays his coached well- . 

5 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

No, but Woody Johnson does not like being embarrassed and he certainly should have been last night with VP Mike Pence in attendance. I can imagine how Woody felt, considering he is being vetted as Ambassador to the Court of St. James. I hope last night exposed Bowles as a man in over his head with a locker room divided by culture and age differential and that he finally allows Mac to rebuild from the ground up. There is some good talent here that is being undermined by veterans who have tuned out Bowles (Revis, Richardson, Wilkerson) and by a bunch of FA's who have not produced. Notice how most of the guys who have packed it in are on defense, which is supposed to be Bowles specialty?

This team has very little respect for Bowles and that's pretty obvious.  Once three veteran leaders held out of to force the Jets to overpay a journeyman, weak armed QB - I knew this team was done.

I still think he'll get another year as I'm sure Woody doesn't want to go through another HC search...but most importantly...The talent on this team is so bad right now Bowles will be the sacrificial lamb - Let the new HC come in after Mac has a year to clean house and begin another rebuild.  

Whoever the coach is next year is going to be ugly too - might as well keep Bowles around.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This thought that almost any NFL coach who wants to be a head coach will be picky about the teams he goes to is laughable.  there are 32 job sin the world like that and a lot of money on the table.  Also every guy who is going to be a head coach thinks he can fix a team.  If a guy had multiple offers he may not want to go to the jets but otherwise any guy, new or vet would take the job.

In any case, no sense in even talking about this right now as Bowles is not going anywhere.

100% accurate...NFL HC jobs are VERY, VERY hard to get...and anyone in the market will take the job.  

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The guys who have multiple offers are typically the best of the bunch. Sure, we'll be able to find HC's who want to come here but if multiple teams feel hot and heavy about one particular one, there's probably a reason for that. It's that scenario where Woody and the lack of stability comes back to bite this team. 

7 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The guys who have multiple offers are typically the best of the bunch. Sure, we'll be able to find HC's who want to come here but if multiple teams feel hot and heavy about one particular one, there's probably a reason for that. It's that scenario where Woody and the lack of stability comes back to bite this team. 

you have to keep in mind - In almost all scenarios the other teams looking for coaches are awful too....

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Jim Harbaugh is not leaving college.  He's making plenty of money and seems to be in his dream job.  We need to start thinking realistically.

he wants to coach in the NFL again, it may be too soon but if we are going to fire Bowles we have to at least look into it.

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

100% accurate...NFL HC jobs are VERY, VERY hard to get...and anyone in the market will take the job.  

Bowles worked his entire professional life to become a head coach in the NFL and he's about to see that dream snuffed out in a millisecond because of Ryan Fitzpatrick and two juvenile defensive ends who decided they only want to play for Rex. 

1 hour ago, rillo said:

Bowles will be here next year.

And should be.  

Last night was awful perhaps the worst game I have ever witnessed as a Jet fan regardless of score because of the paltry effort that the Jets had at key positions across the board. 

Just despicable!!!

However you can never build a winner if you are not willing to suffer horrible failure that is the way of real life. Yes we all wish it rained unicorns and rainbows but that is fantasy land.  

Bowles had a winning record last year and deserves another chance to turn it around that is what big boys do when you hire a HC.  That is why the HC pick is so monumental from the beginning because you are wedded to him for at least four years.   

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

And should be.  

Last night was awful perhaps the worst game I have ever witnessed as a Jet fan regardless of score because of the paltry effort that the Jets had at key positions across the board. 

Just despicable!!!

However you can never build a winner if you are not willing to suffer horrible failure that is the way of real life. Yes we all wish it rained unicorns and rainbows but that is fantasy land.  

Bowles had a winning record and deserves another chance to turn it around that is what big boys do when you hire a HC.  That is why the HC pick is so monumental from the beginning because you are wedded to him for at least four years.   

Good Grief Charlie Brown say it aint so!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bowles worked his entire professional life to become a head coach in the NFL and he's about to see that dream snuffed out in a millisecond because of Ryan Fitzpatrick and two juvenile defensive ends who decided they only want to play for Rex. 

First, by most accounts he fought for Fitzpatrick...Second, a big part of being a HC in the NFL is keeping players motivated.  It was clear Sheldon didn't respect him when he lied to him about his illegal actions...and a good HC would have known that Wilk was a bum and should have made it clear that he didn't want him at the price tag he was being offered.

A HC in the NFL has to be more than simply and X's and O's guy...

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

And should be.  

Just despicable!!!

Bowles had a winning record and deserves another chance to turn it around that is what big boys do when you hire a HC.  That is why the HC pick is so monumental from the beginning because you are wedded to him for at least four years.   

I wish more people see that, but no let's just hire and fire on a year to year basis, because we're such a good organization, folks are tripping over themselves to coach the jets.

Just now, rillo said:

I wish more people see that, but no let's just hire and fire on a year to year basis, because we're such a good organization, folks are tripping over themselves to coach the jets.

So your ok with sticking with a slacker moron who lets the players run the team and doesn't have his team show up for games. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So your ok with sticking with a slacker moron who lets the players run the team and doesn't have his team show up for games. 

Again, who comes here? Do you not remember how long it took for this team to hire a freaking coach? They hired outside consultants and everything

Archived