If We Fire Bowles Who Wnats to Come Here?

Lot K Tailgaters

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don't think McCarthy is that great a HC. Remember he does have Aaron Rodgers as his QB 

Who he basically developed.

It is about time that the Jets get an offensive minded guy to be the leader of this franchise. Something that has not happened since Coslet back in 1990. (Kotite does not count).

We can't have guys like Bowles or Rex that have basically divorced themselves from the offense. Now that doesn't mean I want Bowles calling offensive plays, but at least have a clue to what they are doing and have a feel for the game.

The concept of Woody hiring the GM and HC separately needs to go.  It might work fine elsewhere but the less control Woody has over the process, the better.

Either bring in a HC capable of running the total program (Being GM AND HC) OR let the GM hire the next HC, whether that's Macc or somebody else. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The concept of Woody hiring the GM and HC separately needs to go.  It might work fine elsewhere but the less control Woody has over the process, the better.

Either bring in a HC capable of running the total program (Being GM AND HC) OR let the GM hire the next HC, whether that's Macc or somebody else. 

He should throw a boatload of money at Jim Harbaugh, and give him full control over personnel.

Just now, sourceworx said:

He should throw a boatload of money at Jim Harbaugh, and give full control over personnel.

Harbaugh would be crazy to leave the college game.  With the playoff system in place they stand to make nearly as much money as NFL coaches and have none of the issues NFL coaches have when it comes to front office issues/job security. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Harbaugh would be crazy to leave the college game.  With the playoff system in place they stand to make nearly as much money as NFL coaches and have none of the issues NFL coaches have when it comes to front office issues/job security. 

Money talks, my friend. Give him some exorbitant amount of money to run the entire show. It would be enticing.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Absolutely true. As bad as the team was during the Kotite years, they always played hard.Not much talent, but they played hard. 

In that frighteningly bad Kotite era (error), Wayne Chrebet played harder than everyone combined on our team last night.

8 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Simple question.  If we fire Bowles after two years who would really want to be our head coach knowing they don't have much time?  It was hard enough to get Bowles and Mac to come here after the Idzik billboards.  Firing them sounds great but most above average coaches wouldn't want anything to do with this organization.

When you stink, you get fired. That's a pretty common theme in the league. For $6 mil a year, anyone would wiggle their tails and be the HC here. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Is there anything that indicates Maccagnan deserves more power?

If the choice is Macc making football decisions, or Woody making football decisions, I'll take Macc every time.   Bowles may get fired at the end of the season, no chance Macc will be.  Not after 2 seasons after firing Idzik in 2 years

Bowles and Mac will be back.  Like it or not.

Frankly I'm way more concerned with the future talent on this team....They need so many things I wouldn't even know where to start.  Firing the coach is an easy way to get out your anger, but unless this team finds some impact players and a QB there isn't a coach in the world that's going to bring us a winner.

Just now, flgreen said:

If the choice is Macc making football decisions, or Woody making football decisions, I'll take Macc every time.   Bowles may get fired at the end of the season, no chance Macc will be.  Not after 2 seasons after firing Idzik in 2 years

Idzik shouldn't have been fired is what I'm getting at. There at least was a semblance of a plan. Woody seemingly kept his hands tied though and now he's got Maccagnans tied too. There just isn't a long term vision with Mac though either

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Bowles and Mac will be back.  Like it or not.

Frankly I'm way more concerned with the future talent on this team....They need so many things I wouldn't even know where to start.  Firing the coach is an easy way to get out your anger, but unless this team finds some impact players and a QB there isn't a coach in the world that's going to bring us a winner.

After last night I think you are wrong. Bad football bad coaching bad everything there is nothing positive here you see it I see it Woody sees it. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Idzik shouldn't have been fired is what I'm getting at. There at least was a semblance of a plan. Woody seemingly kept his hands tied though and now he's got Maccagnans tied too. There just isn't a long term vision with Mac though either

Idzik shouldn't have been hired in the first place.  Idzik was a book keeper, zero scouting background.  Making matters worst he was trying to make football talent  decisions.  Jets have a good book keeper in place in Jackie Davidson. Macc needs to be given a chance to see if he knows talent.  Mixed reviews so far, but it is still way up in the air.

I would cast my vote for Josh McDaniels. He is young and has some experience as HC with Denver. That didn't work out because of Tim Tebow and the team was not about to fire John Elway over that dumb move so McDaniels was the scapegoat. He would bring an offensive mindset and would be a breath of fresh air with the media who is tired of Todd the mummy who - like Eric Mangini - is tight lipped to a fault. I don't know how much of a motivator McDaniels is but I would hope that Mac cleans house of the "pretenders" on this team and the guys just here for a paycheck. If he does then motivation should be easy....play hard or get kicked down the road.

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think Idzik's plan was way more developed.  You saw the vision and he was a realist.  Unfortunately we have a very impatient fan base and a PR focused owner...Mac doesn't seem to be building long term other than "draft a QB every year until you find one"

It seems to me both Mac and Bowles thought this team was capable of competing at a high level this year and overpaid players and sacrificed giving youth experience to make a run...That was a terrible miscalculation and can very well cost them their jobs...(although I think they'll both be back)

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Idzik shouldn't have been hired in the first place.  Idzik was a book keeper, zero scouting background.  Making matters worst he was trying to make football talent  decisions.  Jets have a good book keeper in place in Jackie Davidson. Macc needs to be given a chance to see if he knows talent.  Mixed reviews so far, but it is still way up in the air.

What has Macc done constructive in the NFL last time I checked the Texans havent won a Super Bowl and they certainly dont have a franchise QB. 

So sick and tired of the Macc pacifists he has done nothing here there or anywhere. 

Next man up. 

44 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

He should throw a boatload of money at Jim Harbaugh, and give him full control over personnel.

I am with you and wish that could happen. Unlike Saban he is a proven winner on any stage.

Harbaugh is going to win a national championship in the next couple years at his alma mater. He will be available sometime after that.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I think Idzik's plan was way more developed.  You saw the vision and he was a realist.  Unfortunately we have a very impatient fan base and a PR focused owner...Mac doesn't seem to be building long term other than "draft a QB every year until you find one"

It seems to me both Mac and Bowles thought this team was capable of competing at a high level this year and overpaid players and sacrificed giving youth experience to make a run...That was a terrible miscalculation and can very well cost them their jobs...(although I think they'll both be back)

I think Mac is safe, but Bowles is finished. 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I think THAT directive came from above. Mac should be safe for another year and SHOULD be allowed to hire his own HC. Have only Mac report to Woody and hire an offense minded coach.

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I would cast my vote for Josh McDaniels. He is young and has some experience as HC with Denver. That didn't work out because of Tim Tebow and the team was not about to fire John Elway over that dumb move so McDaniels was the scapegoat. He would bring an offensive mindset and would be a breath of fresh air with the media who is tired of Todd the mummy who - like Eric Mangini - is tight lipped to a fault. I don't know how much of a motivator McDaniels is but I would hope that Mac cleans house of the "pretenders" on this team and the guys just here for a paycheck. If he does then motivation should be easy....play hard or get kicked down the road.

Agree go hard at him and weaken the best team in the AFC East while doing so. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

After last night I think you are wrong. Bad football bad coaching bad everything there is nothing positive here you see it I see it Woody sees it. 

There's still four games left...I think if they show up and give the proper effort (win or lose) they'll both be back....but if you get the lackluster performance the next two weeks we saw last night I don't think Bowles even gets through the year. 

I'm pretty sure Mac stays - but Bowles being gone isn't a forgone conclusion.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

There's still four games left...I think if they show up and give the proper effort (win or lose) they'll both be back....but if you get the lackluster performance the next two weeks we saw last night I don't think Bowles even gets through the year. 

It wasn't until last night, IMO. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Disagree Todd Bowles cant replay last night or the last 8 losses that and him losing the locker room is irreversible its over for Todd Bowles,Macc might get a another chance. 

Archived