I Need New Music- Suggestions?

Smizzy

Some of these might take a few listens but they're all great bands.

Check out Supergrass- myspace.com/supergrass

--they have a new album coming out jan 08

Check out The Black Keys- myspace.com/theblackkeys

Check out The Redwalls- myspace.com/theredwalls

--they have a new album coming out end of the month

ok i'm done, hope you give them a shot

Dunno how much you like Jimi but I bet you haven't listened to him with the "Band of Gypsys".

They performed 2 nights at the Filmore as one of his last performances. It's a bluesier Jimi. Awesome stuff and he probably would have went on to put out more stuff in this direction if he wasn't an indebted drug addict.

Songs include: Power of Soul, *Machine Gun* (crazy solo), Message of Love, Them Changes, Who Knows...etc

• 7 months later...

Check out the new cd by Foxboro Hottubs (ironically named, I know). It's actually the guys from Green Day doing something very different from Green Day, and it's quite good.

Also... check out The Gaslight Anthem, Matt Nathanson, Against Me!, Alkaline Trio, and Joshua Radin.

Or don't, I don't care ;)

Jaspegs, only that last video works. The others say they are not available or something like that. That last song was awesome, though.

P.S. Smizzy- any thrash metal? The likes of Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer?

Idk but all 3 vids work for me. That happens wid my dads laptop when it says their not available dont know why but yeah Let the Drummer Kick is a sick song.

Definitely agree with The Black Keys, Monster Magnet, and Aesop Rock. The Black Keys are easily one of my favorite bands now.

Some other suggestions: The Mars Volta and Porcupine Tree, both in the prog vein.

The Mars Volta

8cdSiAgz1XU

Porcupine Tree

fTNO4PBO5Zo

Also Pelican, Deltron 3030, El-P, and Mr. Bungle are a few other ideas.

Archived