very satisfying chase and punch out scenes

really enjoyed it

haven't watched it start to finish in one sitting in 20 years

caught the warriors on netflix the other night

the kids were away do I had to stock up on violent movies, lol

very satisfying chase and punch out scenes

really enjoyed it

haven't watched it start to finish in one sitting in 20 years

I went as a Baseball Fury for Halloween one year, like 7-8 years ago. Big party. I think one person got the reference. Never been so bitter at humanity in my entire life.

I went as a Baseball Fury for Halloween one year, like 7-8 years ago. Big party. I think one person got the reference. Never been so bitter at humanity in my entire life.

warriors_zpshtiay3zv.gif

whaaaaaat ?

that was the biggest costume for like 5 years

oh wait, that was 1981 lol

the beginning scenes are so classic with all the gangs headed to the bronx in their matching outfits.  

lol_zps8duhps6l.gif

Superman: Whoa. Wonder Woman. This is pretty random.

Wonder Woman: Yeah, well, the studio was worried about freezing out the feminist demo, so, voila, they squeezed me into the script.

Batman: How does putting a chick in a leather bustier appease feminists at all?

Wonder Woman: look, man, I just work here, ok?

Wonder Woman: Yeah, well, the studio was worried about freezing out the feminist demo, so, voila, they squeezed me into the script.

Gadot's a badass that slayed fools tougher than you in the IDF.

It gives them something new to bitch aboot?

Okay, in honor of my penis I watched some of that Stallone Judge Dredd yesterday.  Holy sh*t.  Not pretty. Rob Schneider?  WTF.  I have a new appreciation for Bones Jr. as Dredd after watching that thing.  I am not sure what it was with Stallone in the mid-90's trying to make comdids, but damn. I actually think Demolition Man was probably better. They supposedly offered the Rob Schneider role to Joe Pesci and Christopher Walken.  Presumably Pesci would have just been played Leo Getz of the future, but Walken?  That would have been something.

Okay, in honor of my penis I watched some of that Stallone Judge Dredd yesterday. Holy sh*t. Not pretty. Rob Schneider? WTF. I have a new appreciation for Bones Jr. as Dredd after watching that thing. I am not sure what it was with Stallone in the mid-90's trying to make comdids, but damn. I actually think Demolition Man was probably better. They supposedly offered the Rob Schneider role to Joe Pesci and Christopher Walken. Presumably Pesci would have just been played Leo Getz of the future, but Walken? That would have been something.

That movie had some pieces that a better director and writer could have pulled it together and a much better film.

The movie starts out ok and Assante is actually a good villain and then the 2nd and 3rd acts it completely falls off the rails.

That movie had some pieces that a better director and writer could have pulled it together and a much better film.

The movie starts out ok and Assante is actually a good villain and then the 2nd and 3rd acts it completely falls off the rails.

The story I always heard was that Stallone wanted to make it a comedy and get a PG13 and the director wanted to make it dark and gory.  I am not a big comic guy, but some of my friends from back when it came out were and they cursed Stallone up down and sideways.  Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot ******* guy.

I like Armand Assante.  I always remember him from some version of I, The Jury.

"Inside Out" was very enjoyable. Pixar does it again.

Went with my family yesterday.  Wow, talk about a hugely over-hyped movie.  

Is it a bad flick?  Absolutely not.  But, it's not a great one either.  Hearing all the praise on TV, etc., I was expecting it to be on par with "The Incredibles" (this one is my gold standard of animated films), "Shrek", or "The Lion King".  The film just never engaged me emotionally or for entertainment value.  6-7/10

Ok so I know this is most likely falling on deaf ears but Hulu has a pretty amazing library of Criterion Collection. I own about 20-25 CC DVDs consisting mostly of your more basic classic stuff. (Fellini, Kurosawa, Anderson, Cronenberg, some Bergman etc)....but so does anyone have any recommendations?

Ok so I know this is most likely falling on deaf ears but Hulu has a pretty amazing library of Criterion Collection. I own about 20-25 CC DVDs consisting mostly of your more basic classic stuff. (Fellini, Kurosawa, Anderson, Cronenberg, some Bergman etc)....but so does anyone have any recommendations?

Shoot the Piano Player.

Shoot the Piano Player.

Gracias. B&W 50's comedy?

So true story at one time I thought I was gonna get all cultured and watch every Criterion movie, then I watched Ali Fear Eats the Soul, and completely lost all interest. That said I've found some of my most favorite movies through CC..hits and misses imo but when you find a good one it's like a little gift.

Gracias. B&W 50's comedy?

So true story at one time I thought I was gonna get all cultured and watch every Criterion movie, then I watched Ali Fear Eats the Soul, and completely lost all interest. That said I've found some of my most favorite movies through CC..hits and misses imo but when you find a good one it's like a little gift.

I mostly watch them for Kurasawa. But every now and then you find a real gem. Tokyo Story is great too.

I mostly watch them for Kurasawa. But every now and then you find a real gem. Tokyo Story is great too.

That's pretty much how I started, Hitchcock too..

Some good Non-Kurosawa Japanese ones as recommendations...

Sword of Doom...classic samurai badass film

Kwaidan...great ghost story

Ugetsu...