Jeremy Kerley

visajets

I think you guys are overreacting a bit much to the actual question .

I have not seen much hes droped about 4 passes and he does not seem elusive he seems to be playing a bit slow and not getting any separation in the slot. A lot of this could be that hes learning but Im still waiting to see any real burst from this kid. This does not mean I dont like him or that he does not have potential its just what Ive seen so far. I was a little dissapointed we did not see more of DePalma returning kicks or any real action in the slot. maybe next week

I have not seen much hes droped about 4 passes and he does not seem elusive he seems to be playing a bit slow and not getting any separation in the slot. A lot of this could be that hes learning but Im still waiting to see any real burst from this kid. This does not mean I dont like him or that he does not have potential its just what Ive seen so far. I was a little dissapointed we did not see more of DePalma returning kicks or any real action in the slot. maybe next week

Agreed. 2 preseason games without impressing the greatest Football mind ever and his partner in crime Visa? I'd cut him. No way he can put up Smith like numbers as a WR.

Bust.

he seems to have the jitters out there, not much else. he wasnt known for the dropsies in college so I doubt he forgot how to concentrate and catch a ball. Just needs to settle down, let the game slow down for him. He has that luxury with Holmes, Plax and D.Mase in front of him on the pecking order. preseason is a good time to get it out.

Doubt it. The third preseason game is when the starters get the most action. Probably see less of him than ever. Kerley's a lock for the roster, and they will want to get him more work both returning kicks and with the offense.

Fourth preseason game is when the starters sit. Could see a lot of DePalma then. If we don't, it may be a good sign that the Jets are hoping to stash him on the practice squad. He's a long shot to make the team even if they decide to carry 6 WR's - and that would be a lot.

Of course but arent the NYJETS trying to establish a 53 man roster. This is where the team is built from preseason. So far I havent seen a thing from this kid.

I don't know your whole track record, but since you started being a doosh to me, I actually can't help but pay attention to you now... and from what I've seen you over-react to every thing, and end up wrong every time.

I don't know your whole track record, but since you started being a doosh to me, I actually can't help but pay attention to you now... and from what I've seen you over-react to every thing, and end up wrong every time.

I treat people like they treat me. I wanted a discussion on Kerley and got one. Thank you for your opinion. Have a nice day :D

I didnt realize that was his average in preseason. It didnt seem that he was doing that decent.

Probably would've been a good idea to do a little research before starting another inane thread, don't ya think?

Probably would've been a good idea to do a little research before starting another inane thread, don't ya think?

No not really considering some of the threads that are started here. This is NYJETS related and its a discussion board where members offer opinions and educate other members. But in the future I will take your advice. Have a nice day :D

No, that is his whole track record.

Agreed. 2 preseason games without impressing the greatest Football mind ever and his partner in crime Visa? I'd cut him. No way he can put up Smith like numbers as a WR.

Bust.

Dont you think your being a bit silly and over the top ? I bascily said what Ive seen so far. Ive made NO PREDICTIONS on what I think this kid will do so why dont you cut it out.

Its not Like what I was doing with Vernone Goldston claiming bust right off the bat.... I think this kid has potential and is playing a little slow right now nothing wrong with that.

Dont you think your being a bit silly and over the top ? I bascily said what Ive seen so far. Ive made NO PREDICTIONS on what I think this kid will do so why dont you cut it out.

Its not Like what I was doing with Vernone Goldston claiming bust right off the bat.... I think this kid has potential and is playing a little slow right now nothing wrong with that.

Sounds like a bust to me.

Anyone else remember talking about how Brad Smith was a bust his first 2 seasons, or am I going crazy?

I think it's cool that we're getting them out of the way after a couple preseason games now. We're all much better talent evaluators than we used to be.

You mean the insistent "enough with the Brad Smith experiment" type posts?

Yep, those.

Now, Brad Smith signs with Buffalo to be their 3rd WR... and visa says "SHOW ME WHO HAS LOST MORE THAN THE NY JETS THIS OFFSEASON!!!" 24 hours into the offseason. Hilarious doesn't begin to describe...

In case you missed it I ended my post with. DISCUSS

Id much rather discuss NYJETS football than the other bullsh*t. Do you openly criticize those threads as well?

What a great insightful thread. LOL. I'm just going to go make a thread called "Mason sucks", and just say "discuss" and we'll see how that one goes. If you feel the emotional need to create a brand new thread everytime you have a thought, at least put some effort and time into it. Explain why you feel the way you do and what caused it. Threads like this are useless and do nothing but get people angry at each other. There's no reason to have a negative tone in every post you make. If you want to have a discussion about Kerley, then name the thread, "Kerley: What do you think so far?". Not some biased garbage title based on nothing but a few missed catches that were difficult to begin with.

In case you missed it I ended my post with. DISCUSS

Id much rather discuss NYJETS football than the other bullsh*t. Do you openly criticize those threads as well?

Yeah you did. You also preceded saying "discuss" by expressing an opinion, then you promptly jumped down the throat of anyone that didn't express the same level of impatience and lack of football acumen that informed your opinion.

You consistently exhibit a complete inability to have a discussion - so why do you continually get away with baiting people into disagreeing with you, with stupid threads like this, under the veil of trying to "discuss" something?

The Jets wouldn't have signed 3 veteran WRs if they were banking on Kerley making a difference this season. He, like all rookies, will be evaluated in the future. /end thread

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. This sh*tty thread has gone four pages and shows no sign of stopping. I sure didn't see Kerley drop 4 passes. He already seems to be better than Brad Smith as a WR. He's been looked very good to me on kick returns, but it's going to take some time to properly judge them with the new rule. He has been capable returning punts and Smith never even did that. Also, FYI, Brad Smith is still looking for his first catch as a Bill. I think it's interesting that people are talking up Dan Depalma to make the team and he got 8 yards less thank Kerley's average on his one kick return. He is getting 5 yards more per punt return, but they have been primarily 4th quarter returns - meaning against stiffs, but with stiffs blocking. C'mon, keep it going!

He was returning kicks his rookie year over Leon? Really? I dont remember that at all. I trust you since it has sentimental value, but I really thought he was the lead blocker for Leon on kick offs.

True, they're not going to cut a guy they traded up for. Trade?

I remember it. It was just a pre-season game, so they were probably just seeing what Smith could do returning kicks (and he turned out to be pretty good at it). Actually, I think Justin Miller was the primary kick returner that year. I could be wrong.

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. This sh*tty thread has gone four pages and shows no sign of stopping. I sure didn't see Kerley drop 4 passes. He already seems to be better than Brad Smith as a WR. He's been looked very good to me on kick returns, but it's going to take some time to properly judge them with the new rule. He has been capable returning punts and Smith never even did that. Also, FYI, Brad Smith is still looking for his first catch as a Bill. I think it's interesting that people are talking up Dan Depalma to make the team and he got 8 yards less thank Kerley's average on his one kick return. He is getting 5 yards more per punt return, but they have been primarily 4th quarter returns - meaning against stiffs, but with stiffs blocking. C'mon, keep it going!

This is pretty significant, and true. Kerley should end up a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better WR than Smith.

Archived