****NY Jets vs. Cowboys official gameday thread****

InstantClassic

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it true sanchez calls his own plays in the 2 minute ?

I think its sort of true. I think the QB has a set number of plays he is supposed to call from which he gets from the staff, but Mark makes the call based on the defensive look. Sidelines will give a call off an out of bounds or incomplete pass. Those last two plays were called from the sidelines after the timeout.

I think its sort of true. I think the QB has a set number of plays he is supposed to call from which he gets from the staff, but Mark makes the call based on the defensive look. Sidelines will give a call off an out of bounds or incomplete pass. Those last two plays were called from the sidelines after the timeout.

txs, that makes sense

Excellent last drive. Pretty much perfect from Sanchez, Shotty and the guys making plays.

Keller sighting is very encouraging, he's streaky like that so he'll probably have a good game.

Defense started like a trainwreck but have really stepped up since. You can tell Revis is pissed at being beaten by Bryant, don't expect to see that again.

Excellent last drive. Pretty much perfect from Sanchez, Shotty and the guys making plays.

Keller sighting is very encouraging, he's streaky like that so he'll probably have a good game.

Defense started like a trainwreck but have really stepped up since. You can tell Revis is pissed at being beaten by Bryant, don't expect to see that again.

I agree with all of the above. One thing is for sure, we have the momentum right now. Score a TD on the opening drive of the 2nd half and put the pressure on the Dallas Cowboys.

Sanchez finally started using his feet properlly. I don't think it was Keller.

The real problem is the play calling.

The OC is a "scripter" and sticks to his scripts too long. It takes him way too long for him to develop a "feel for the game" which is a critical characteristic of every good playcaller.

Watch Sean Payton, who is also a scripter, but adjusts his play calling with every series after the first one.

It took Schitty 28 f$#%in minutes to figure out that a screen pass might work against an 8 man rush, which is Football 101.

Now all he has to do is figure out they he should roll out Sanchez more often, and run AT Ware, not AWAY from him, and watch how we move the ball.

DAL NYJ First Downs 10 8 Total Yards 163 135 Passing Yards 135 110 Rushing Yards 28 25 Penalties (Yds) 3(15) 0(0) Turnovers 0 0 Punts (AVG) 3(40) 4(34) Time of Pos. 18:25 11:35

Almost all of that was during the 2 minute drill. We need to run the hurry up all game, the second we stop we will suck again.

Lets not forget one thing guys... We're going up against a Ryan defense. They're all great defensive minds. From Buddy, to Rex... All the way down to Rob... They're all great. So when Sanchez and the Jets have struggled, lets not harp all over Shotty Jr, lets give credit where credit is due... Rob Ryan know's what he's doing.

Archived