Plaxico Burress > Braylon Edwards/Derrick Mason > Jerricho Cotchery

JiFtheOracle

Mason was awful today. Awful.

awful is right. I suspect he may be done. lol It's one thing to let a TD go right thru your hands, but this dude cant even stay on his feet. He looks like he's the one who's been in he clink for 2 years.

still, I'd have to say the offense was fantastic today. INT and a slow start, but you just cant dent that Sanchez is a baller. He's gonna separate himself from the middle of the pack this year.

I hope we get to see Kerley in the slot. And soon.

Kerley actually started the game in the slot.

Edwards would have had a TD today if not for a bad pass & interference. I'd say he's definitely better than Mason.

I was going to say... I'm the last guy to be on the Braylon side of this fight, but he was interfered with in the end zone.

awful is right. I suspect he may be done. lol It's one thing to let a TD go right thru your hands, but this dude cant even stay on his feet. He looks like he's the one who's been in he clink for 2 years.

still, I'd have to say the offense was fantastic today. INT and a slow start, but you just cant dent that Sanchez is a baller. He's gonna separate himself from the middle of the pack this year.

No! NO No NO! Bad! Bad Lance Mehl! Our offense was not fantastic. Our defense and special teams won this game. Not our offense. Bad! Lance Mehl. Bad! otherwise good game. Chalk one up for Westhoff.

No! NO No NO! Bad! Bad Lance Mehl! Our offense was not fantastic. Our defense and special teams won this game. Not our offense. Bad! Lance Mehl. Bad! otherwise good game. Chalk one up for Westhoff.

Both the O and D were very streaky. It looked like completely different units on back to back drives for both sides. Outside of a couple of KRs that probably should've been knelt on, ST was just awesome.

what a typical dumb reaction...seriously youre gonna make that assumption after one game?? sorry but Mason was tripping all over himself. you cant put down Cotch like that. he has way better hands.

Say what? In what world does Cotch have way better hands? Despite being the 5th receiving option last year behind Holmes, Edwards, Keller and LT, he was amongst the league leaders in drops. Meanwhile Mason has been one of the best pass catchers in the league for the past decade. It's pretty laughable that you're chastising someone for saying that after one game and then you turn around and try to make the exact opposite assumption after the same one game. For their careers there is no question whatsoever that Mason is the better receiver, we'll just have to see which is the better one today. At this point at least Mason has made it onto the field, so that's a plus for him, as unimpressive of a performance as it may have been.

Kerley actually started the game in the slot.

I should have included *more of*. Like on those plays Mason blew by tripping over his own feet. I think if the kid gets more burn he will break some big plays. Mason? Looks like he is almost ready to need a walker to take the field.

If Mason is still as good as he was last year (by no means his prime, but still very effective), he will be a valuable asset this year in the slot. If last night is an indication that he has suddenly got old, he not only will be a waste, but I am afraid that out of the sometimes overblown respect that younger coaches give veterans, they will not go another route (Kersey, McKnight, Cumberland) this year and really handicap the Jets chances.

Mason was awful today. Awful.

Yeah, but was he better than J-Co? The answer is yes.

Sorry, you didn' factor in the blocking. Also, separation.

In all honestly, and I think its what BG posted but cant see it at work...did you see that block Plax had on Jenkins? Dude, that was beast mode.

Say what? In what world does Cotch have way better hands? Despite being the 5th receiving option last year behind Holmes, Edwards, Keller and LT, he was amongst the league leaders in drops. Meanwhile Mason has been one of the best pass catchers in the league for the past decade. It's pretty laughable that you're chastising someone for saying that after one game and then you turn around and try to make the exact opposite assumption after the same one game. For their careers there is no question whatsoever that Mason is the better receiver, we'll just have to see which is the better one today. At this point at least Mason has made it onto the field, so that's a plus for him, as unimpressive of a performance as it may have been.

To be fair, before last season, Cotchery's catch rate was actually incredible.

I'm not judging Mason too quickly as he hasn't been here too long and might just need to get the timing down, but I didn't like the pickup and still don't.

To be fair, before last season, Cotchery's catch rate was actually incredible.

I'm not judging Mason too quickly as he hasn't been here too long and might just need to get the timing down, but I didn't like the pickup and still don't.

Don't disagree, but the point is if we're going to start condemning Mason as horrible after one game, it's a little tough to start praising Cotchery when he didn't even make it on the field yesterday and the guy looked like he was the one who was the old man last year despite being 8 years younger.

Don't disagree, but the point is if we're going to start condemning Mason as horrible after one game, it's a little tough to start praising Cotchery when he didn't even make it on the field yesterday and the guy looked like he was the one who was the old man last year despite being 8 years younger.

I said he was horrible in the game, I don't think he's horrible. I actually loved Mason in Baltimore and thought he was incredibly underrated, but at 37, it's so tough to see him keeping it up.

It's hardly a performance to aspire me with confidence for a pickup I never really understood. Plax on the other hand, guy ****ing brought it.

I said he was horrible in the game, I don't think he's horrible. I actually loved Mason in Baltimore and thought he was incredibly underrated, but at 37, it's so tough to see him keeping it up.

It's hardly a performance to aspire me with confidence for a pickup I never really understood. Plax on the other hand, guy ****ing brought it.

I hear you, and that wasn't really targetted at you, I more so meant that directed towards the person who had the original comment about how much Mason sucked and Jerricho rocked. The Mason pickup I think was more insurance than anything else, figuring they were improving their odds of being ok as long as at least one of Plax or Mason could handle the starting job, while also hedging their bets against whether they could count on a 5th round pick to handle the slot receiver duties from day one. That said, I don't know how much he's got left, but I can see why they thought it was at least worth a shot.

In all honestly, and I think its what BG posted but cant see it at work...did you see that block Plax had on Jenkins? Dude, that was beast mode.

You laughed about WR blocking all preseason now your all of a sudden claiming beast mode ?? I loved the block too, it was awesome, but I also love when WR's block in the running game and I get bitched out for it by people like YOU. You are full of poop JIF

Archived