Jets a 10 point favorite over Jax

AFJF

Jones-Drew has given this team fits every time we've played.

We've only played the Jags twice during Jones-Drew's career.

In 2006 when we got smoked 41-0 he had 59 yards on 13 carries but it was his rookie year and Fred Taylor was still carrying the load.

In 2009, he had 123 yards and 1 TD in a 24-22 win over the Jets.

So Maurice Jones-Drew had one good game in two tries against the Jets, both when Mangini was the head coach.

I'm not all that scared. He's a great player but this defense is light years better than the last Jets D he faced.

We've only played the Jags twice during Jones-Drew's career.

In 2006 when we got smoked 41-0 he had 59 yards on 13 carries but it was his rookie year and Fred Taylor was still carrying the load.

In 2009, he had 123 yards and 1 TD in a 24-22 win over the Jets.

So Maurice Jones-Drew had one good game in two tries against the Jets, both when Mangini was the head coach.

I'm not all that scared. He's a great player but this defense is light years better than the last Jets D he faced.

Nah Rex was the coach last time. Braylon had a big fumble if I remember correctly.

How about Detroit -8.5 against KC? Talk about a quick shift in perception.

That's the line that intrigued me the most. I'm a closet Lions fan. Mainly because my best friend is a die-hard Lions fan so I've been playing them in madden since 2002 and know their roster too well for someone who isnt' a die-hard. Since they've always been losers, it's kind of nice to see them really putting together a good young team. So I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I totally pull for them. People are drinking that kool-aid.

Nah Rex was the coach last time. Braylon had a big fumble if I remember correctly.

Indeed he was... I'll still never forget the end of that game, as Leonhard is flipping out and screaming across the field and flailing his arms at Rhodes, who he is completely oblivious. Right there I knew that game was going to be a loss, I just didn't know why yet, then a moment later the ball is snapped and Rhodes proceeds to get toasted by Marcedes Lewis to cost the Jets the game.

Archived