Greg McElroy

BornJetsFan1983

Greg McElroy=Chad Pennington

Though McElroy is smart and seems to be a great leader, he just does not have the phyisical tools.

I say this all the time but if Pennington never ran into his major injury issues he probably would have been a fine QB. That shoulder ****ed him.

no

he sucked in 2003 with no shoulder injury

No that was the wrist year...He might have been able to come back from that but the shoulder thing sealed the deal. Im not a Pennington fan by any means, but I think he would have been fine if he wasn't made of glass. The fact that all those injuries hit early allowed him to come back, but destroyed any chance of him being a legit franchise QB. A franchise QB shouldnt be broken goods, and that's what he's been in every year but 2002.

no

he hurt that shoulder as a rookie Chan. He and Vinny had a "who can throw the furthest" contest during training camp and THAT'S when Chad originally hurt that shoulder-also in his first game in the pre-season against the Ravens he also got hurt pretty bad in one of those plays that he got flipped up in the air and landed on that shoulder

he hurt that shoulder as a rookie Chan. He and Vinny had a "who can throw the furthest" contest during training camp and THAT'S when Chad originally hurt that shoulder-also in his first game in the pre-season against the Ravens he also got hurt pretty bad in one of those plays that he got flipped up in the air and landed on that shoulder

It's all excuse making. He had "good" seasons in 02, 04, 06, and 08.. terrible seasons in 03, 05, 07 and 09.... There's examples of good and bad play before and after injuries.. The bottom line though is he was what he was, a guy who played small ball, didn't beat himself, and that's generally good enough to beat 60% of the teams in the league. So if the schedule cooperated, like in 08, 06 and 04, he played "good". When it didn't cooperate like 07, he played poorely. If he didn't get hurt he'd have never been an elite QB cause he didn't have the physical ability and he was yellow. Chickensh*ts don't become elite, they become Chad Pennington

It's all excuse making. He had "good" seasons in 02, 04, 06, and 08.. terrible seasons in 03, 05, 07 and 09.... There's examples of good and bad play before and after injuries.. The bottom line though is he was what he was, a guy who played small ball, didn't beat himself, and that's generally good enough to beat 60% of the teams in the league. So if the schedule cooperated, like in 08, 06 and 04, he played "good". When it didn't cooperate like 07, he played poorely. If he didn't get hurt he'd have never been an elite QB cause he didn't have the physical ability and he was yellow. Chickensh*ts don't become elite, they become Chad Pennington

I'm not a Pennington fan, but he could have had a punchers shot if he had the supporting cast on both sides of the ball that Sanchez had the last 3 years. I have no doubt he could win surrounded with what Sanchez was surrounded with. Elite? He would have never become that. But he could have been a damn good QB if he didn't jack up his shoulder.

I'm not a Pennington fan, but he could have had a punchers shot if he had the supporting cast on both sides of the ball that Sanchez had the last 3 years. I have no doubt he could win surrounded with what Sanchez was surrounded with. Elite? He would have never become that. But he could have been a damn good QB if he didn't jack up his shoulder.

He couldn't have had a puncher's shot cause he wasn't a puncher, he was a slapper. 09 is the 1 year you may argue, due to how strong the defense an run game were, but Indy hung 30 pts on us in Championship game, Pennington's win % when the other team scores 20 or more is like 10%, I remember like 4-27 or something, I don't see how you could argue he wins that game

Thank you. Chad was one of the best in his era - before the ball was snapped. He had more problems than ARM strength after the snap. He was still good enough to get us into the playoffs every other year. When he met real defences is when his problems came

I am a Pennington fan. I know its a sacriledge to mention his name in a positive light, but there it is. Calling his a chickensh*t is ridiculous,. He played through injuries every game since he was drafted. Twice he was CPOY, not something a chickensh*t is capable of. The selective memory around here is phenominal. Anyone remember him leading the Phins to win the AFCE and beating the mighty Favre in the process? Anyone remember all the Chd VS. Brady threads. Anyone remember Hermy rushing him back to the field and basically destroying any bit of velocity he ever had in the process? The guy was the undisputed leader in the huddle. Santonio wouldn't have had any impact in a CP huddle. he also ran the team well on the field, cactching teams with 12 men on the field and having a command of down and distance, etc. He was a good field general and a great game manager. And he was a beeter QB for us than Favre/Sanchez/Clemens. And the last time i saw him play against the colts in a playoff game, he hung 44 points on them.

I am a Pennington fan. I know its a sacriledge to mention his name in a positive light, but there it is. Calling his a chickensh*t is ridiculous,. He played through injuries every game since he was drafted. Twice he was CPOY, not something a chickensh*t is capable of. The selective memory around here is phenominal. Anyone remember him leading the Phins to win the AFCE and beating the mighty Favre in the process? Anyone remember all the Chd VS. Brady threads. Anyone remember Hermy rushing him back to the field and basically destroying any bit of velocity he ever had in the process? The guy was the undisputed leader in the huddle. Santonio wouldn't have had any impact in a CP huddle. he also ran the team well on the field, cactching teams with 12 men on the field and having a command of down and distance, etc. He was a good field general and a great game manager. And he was a beeter QB for us than Favre/Sanchez/Clemens. And the last time i saw him play against the colts in a playoff game, he hung 44 points on them.

He was yellow. He played for money and that's it. Worst QB we've ever had by far

He makes me sick

no

He had a shoulder injury dating from 2000 when he was drafted. It was made know a few years ago that he hurt himself in camp trying to keep up throwing with Testaverde.

This kid didnt make all that big of comments considering what was said already but here is my question.

Is this kid making a play for a leadership role? Is he trying to get a legit chance a being our QB.

Did he just ensure he would get the opp next year?

Thoughts?

By running to his little hick-town radio station when the season's over and complaining about the team? Oh yeah, I think he just won the job, hands down.

Greg McElry is the Jets fans' new Brett Ratliffe. Just because he had the moxie to speak up about the sh*tty team, doesn't mean he's an NFL starting QB. Period.

thank you anyone notice he didn't even make it through a 4 game preseason as a youthful young chap? I have no desire to knight him and watch him ride into battle for us.

thank you anyone notice he didn't even make it through a 4 game preseason as a youthful young chap? I have no desire to knight him and watch him ride into battle for us.

Really? This is a pathetic statement.

Yeah? Why is that? Any time I make a "statement" like you just did I would give a reason. Aghhhh forget it. who needs a reason to talk anymore ?

That's your problem. You need to get with the times. See, it is much easier and more effective nowadays to point at people and flick boogers. Why, just the other day, Aten responded to one of my posts with "Derp de derp de derpity derp." How do you come back at that?. That's not even Olde Spanish. Worst part? Somebody else responded with "Say 'ello to my little Derp." Which is a movie reference, I think. Though modified. Slam dunk. I'm done. It's a new world Mr. Beans.

Yeah? Why is that? Any time I make a "statement" like you just did I would give a reason. Aghhhh forget it. who needs a reason to talk anymore ?

It is pathetic because it makes no sense. He broke his hand right? It is not like he was out of shape.

He broke his hand and they red-shirted him because they like him.

I cant argue that Sanchez wasnt the leader we needed this year. BUT, that doesnt mean he comes back as laid back next year. There were far more criticisms about Eli not being a leader or even being that interested in football going back to his high school/college days but he grew into the roll. Look at all the egos the Jets have brought in on the O side of the ball. Combine that with all the strong leaders they lost and our 3rd year QB lost control.

Nothing that cant be fixed next year, imo.

The McElroy rant may force us to draft a decent QB to justify dropping him from the roster. You can't cut McElroy to carry O'Connell or some other scrub, but if you draft a 3rd round QB, you can certainly cut McElroy. What about Kellen Moore?

Is this like the Thoroughbred Digest? Kellen Moore -- out of Kellen Clemens and Matt Moore. I just need to figure out which one is the sire and which one is the mare.

It is pathetic because it makes no sense. He broke his hand right? It is not like he was out of shape.

He broke his hand and they red-shirted him because they like him.

That makes the statement pathetic? Talk about drastic. Would you argue that some guys are more injury prone than others? Whether it's a knee, a shoulder, a wrist, a hand etc. It doesn't matter. My point was we have been there with an injury prone guy before. This kid hurt broke his hand and was out for the season in the fourth PRESEASON game. There seems to be an unwarranted love for him with Jets fans. What I was referencing was my desire not to go with him for the reason I stated no matter how pleasantly surprised I was by his play.

What do you know? You have had the same QB forever. You should be stricken from making comments on injury prone QB's :D

Archived