Jets Tryout And Sign UDFA Kris O’Dowd

GREENBEAN

Post image for Jets Tryout And Sign UDFA Kris O’Dowd

The Jets had some time to spare today as they gave a try-out to and signed UDFA Kris O’Dowd from USC. O’Dowd tried out for the Cardnials last year and didn’t make the squad on the last day of cuts.

O’Dowd is a Center who played for USC with Sanchez and also is on Twitter.

di
di

E19fWk-ZBgM

View the full article

Finally something I can sink my teeth into!

Just kidding. It's an OL camp/depth signing and we clearly need that.

Exactly. One of the biggest problems we had last year was when Mangold went down and Turner was out. We need more decent dept on the line. I like that they are moving this way..... And I hope they make a big friggin move soon :D

Right? He played center from what I heard but it says right tackle on the tweet.

RT means Retweet. He's a center. I had him ranked fairly highly before the injuries. Actually could have been an elite prospect if stayed healthy.

in other Jets news this probably means the end of Robert Turner's tenure.

RT means Retweet. He's a center. I had him ranked fairly highly before the injuries. Actually could have been an elite prospect if stayed healthy.

in other Jets news this probably means the end of Robert Turner's tenure.

Ahhhh thanks for that info. Im completely unaware of tweet language. A far a Turner, if they let him go it would lead me to believe he's not healthy. It would be a shame. He was solid at all three interior line positions and had nasty streak in him that really helps to have on the o line.

Ahhhh thanks for that info. Im completely unaware of tweet language. A far a Turner, if they let him go it would lead me to believe he's not healthy. It would be a shame. He was solid at all three interior line positions and had nasty streak in him that really helps to have on the o line.

O'Dowd has that kind of upside at this point probably. He really could have stacked with guys like Mangold, Mack, and Konz as an elite C prospect had injuries not hit. If he's healthy his upside probably isn't as high as it once was, but he might make for a good rotational lineman.

As far as nobody signings go this one could actually work out well. This guy was an extremely gifted player so even his whatever% his body's at could turn him into a good Turner replacement.

Doesn't seem like the Jets are looking to excite anyone in any obvious (or overtly optimistic?) fashion so far this offseason. I like this much better than that swagger garbage.

O'Dowd has that kind of upside at this point probably. He really could have stacked with guys like Mangold, Mack, and Konz as an elite C prospect had injuries not hit. If he's healthy his upside probably isn't as high as it once was, but he might make for a good rotational lineman.

As far as nobody signings go this one could actually work out well. This guy was an extremely gifted player so even his whatever% his body's at could turn him into a good Turner replacement.

Doesn't seem like the Jets are looking to excite anyone in any obvious (or overtly optimistic?) fashion so far this offseason. I like this much better than that swagger garbage.

Sounds good to me. Truth be told, I don't remember him, but I will take your word for it. You are much more aware of the collegiate level than I am. Either way, it's good to see the Jets working on one of the weaknesses from last season. O line depth. I could stand to see a little bit more though

Good signing. He was destined for more. Started as a true freshman at USC, First Team All Pac as a sophomore, injury pre JR year set back his career. Anyway I'm sure some of this also has to do with a relationship with Sanchez. Good, he now has a big bodied buddy in the locker room.

Archived