Jets have interest in Benjarvus Green-Ellis

RyanBe_Tweetin

Green-Ellis was 3rd in DYAR and 2nd in DVOA in 2010. In 2011 he dropped to 15th and 18th, respectively. Not sure which is the trend here but even if last year is any indicator he's a solid back to have in the mix. I wouldn't be offended if he came here for the right price. He's a serious upgrade over McKnight.

Only downside, as mentioned, is that McKnight remains our only pass-catching back. But really, who cares if we're running it 40 times a game.

I also like him better than Michael Bush.

He had turf toe last season.

BJGE is not that bad. I actually think he's a little under-rated. but he certainly is far from an elite talent. Just a dependable guy. Better than Greene, at least.

If we get him, I bet he fumbles immediately, though. Isn't that the way they say it goes?

Why arent the Jets bringing in Michael Bush?

The law firm is the only back they didnt use in the passing game. Thats the biggest void with LT leaving.

Dont like and I've got a bad feeling this is happening.

Exactly ! Why arent we bringing in Michael Bush

BJGE is not that bad. I actually think he's a little under-rated. but he certainly is far from an elite talent. Just a dependable guy. Better than Greene, at least.

If we get him, I bet he fumbles immediately, though. Isn't that the way they say it goes?

lol I was thinking the same thing. If he wants to end that no fumble streak, sign with the Jets. I can see his first carry as a Jet being one where the ball squirts out high and far right into a DB's hands. Why do I think like this?????

lol I was thinking the same thing. If he wants to end that no fumble streak, sign with the Jets. I can see his first carry as a Jet being one where the ball squirts out high and far right into a DB's hands. Why do I think like this?????

When your a Jet your a Jet all the way ............... :)

Because you've been conditioned to for the past 43 years.

If your head hurts now wait till the draft Im sure the Jets can get you into a full blown migraine

Yep... Im usually confused by what happens on draft day. I'm hoping FA can take some of the confusion away for me. I would LOVE for them to nab Atogwe. Then we can concentrate on OLB, reserve corner, RT, OL depth, RB, P, WR, TE and ILB. lol

ahhhhhhhh the mere idea relaxes me

Why arent the Jets bringing in Michael Bush?

The law firm is the only back they didnt use in the passing game. Thats the biggest void with LT leaving.

Dont like and I've got a bad feeling this is happening.

CTM would love this move. He could get a Jets Jersey with BUSH on the back.

Patriots offensive line is beast. Better than ours.

O-lines make 1000 yard, 10 TD RBs like him. We'll have to pay him like a starter.

Rule of thumb? Never pay a RB his second contract. That position is dominated by youth, it is what the draft is for. Free agent RBs not in the top 5 of the league are a waste of money.

I agree 100%. I say this all the time. RB is a young person's position.

But as far as drafting another RB, I'm just not sure another mid-to-late round pick is the answer, and I just don't see the Jets investing a high pick at the position.

With the new rookie cap, drafting a RB high makes more sense than ever. Sign him for five years, run him into the ground, then draft another one. But it's a position that you can find anywhere. Like any other position, I'd want the team to stay true to their board, and draft a RB if that was the top player on their board.

I'd also aggressively bring in UDA's.

i suspect this is more about screwing with the Pats (who just signed Marquis Cole) than it is about actually signing the law firm.

I fear this, too. Jets have to get over this crap already. It makes them look like the second class organization that they are.

With the new rookie cap, drafting a RB high makes more sense than ever. Sign him for five years, run him into the ground, then draft another one. But it's a position that you can find anywhere. Like any other position, I'd want the team to stay true to their board, and draft a RB if that was the top player on their board.

I'd also aggressively bring in UDA's.

The Jets would probably be better off going with UDFAs, seeing as how it seems like on a yearly basis teams snatch up UDFA RBs from the Jets practice squad that far outperform any of the Jets actual draft picks at the position.

Hell yeah. Makes way for awesome Tshirts with Slogans to help the cause.

"Got Bush?"

"Bushalicious"

"Bush up the middle"

"Bush Baller"

"Push Push in the Bush"

Now I want to sign bush as well.

I made Bush tee shirts for my titty bar when Bush first ran.

I have great designs for Bush.

Archived