Jets, Bengals interested in Braylon Edwards

nj meadowlands

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hill will sit for Braylon?

Schillens will be first on IR?

Quick, who played more games last season, Schillens or Braylon? He'd be fine to have back for the minimum, but I don't see why everybody thinks he will be the same guy. It's not like he was lighting the league on fire in the first place. He'd probably be a Tebow signing: decent for what we'd give him and unlikely to play much, but good for a ton of chatter on the board and debate over why he isn't playing more.

Technically the way this reads is old news as far as the Jets are concerned.

The Jets expressed interest in Edwards back in February. It doesn't specify the Jets have again re-expressed interest in Edwards since inking Schilens and drafting Hill (and White). The only thing new about this tweet is the Bengals because from January to May the Jets had been the only nibble Edwards got and since then the Jets signed a free agent WR and drafted two more.

I'd be pretty surprised if the Jets signed Edwards before injury or discontent with Schilens or White, meaning it would be well into training camp at the very earliest.

(Now watch them sign him today, lol).

Bingo. Though I bet Dalton takes a step back this year, for what its worth.

Yeah but until he does they are still at least more STABLE at that position. We will produce the most QB headlines this season in the history of the league but will be in the bottom 1/3 for passing offense. Bank on it.

The Jets' offseason moves, as eloquently detailed by Sperm Edwards, signifies a clear intent to move forward with a new WR corps. I just don't see why the Jets would add another veteran, let alone one that missed time last year with a knee injury and has had disciplinary issues in the past. The best franchises tend to constantly move forward with younger, more athletic players, that have been developed in house to play a certain way. I'd rather see Kerley, Keller and Hill on the field as much as possible.

Other than the fact that no one seems interested in him, this makes even less sense from Braylon's perspective. I can't imagine a worse situation for him to build up enough stats with which to garner a long term commitment.

Yeah but until he does they are still at least more STABLE at that position. We will produce the most QB headlines this season in the history of the league but will be in the bottom 1/3 for passing offense. Bank on it.

I'll also add that a step back for Dalton would be a career year for Sanchez.

When they drafted Hill, I thought they would give up on Braylon. But the Jets never do the expected, so I bet you they will get him now.

You can never have enough receivers that run in a straight line and catch bad passes, I guess. That's all we're gonna do next year. Run, run, run, run, run, play action deep throw, run, run, run, TD Holmes. Mixed in with about 30 turnovers and 1,000 punts.

You can never have enough receivers that run in a straight line and catch bad passes, I guess. That's all we're gonna do next year. Run, run, run, run, run, play action deep throw, run, run, run, TD Holmes. Mixed in with about 30 turnovers and 1,000 punts.

He could have just as good of a season as Santonio next year.

I'll also add that a step back for Dalton would be a career year for Sanchez.

May I add that our FO is focusing on wideouts who can block. We used our 2nd round pick on a wideout who blocks better than he catches passes. That's kinda one of those telltale sign thing. He may also be a better blocker than out starting right tackle. That's one of those signs of the Apocalypse kinda things.

Um, no, it wouldn't.

The 'woe is me' thing is getting old.

Actually one year and counting. If it helps Im officially more worried about the o- line then the quarterback situation. I will be surprised if we are in the top half of the league in points scored. Just does not seem we are built for what we are going to do. A running team without a dependable back, a mediocre line and two QB's that still have a ton to prove. Hope Im wrong.

And Kerley. So that would be 3 out of 6. Not bad.

Jets aren't carrying 6 WRs this year. Braylon would have to come at the expense of Schilens or White. Any extra offensive spot may be for a QB being that Tebow's more of a jack-of-all-trades guy, or a RB, or TE for their back to their roots ground game.

We'd kill for the 58 % comp and 20 TD/13 INT ratio Dalton had with one talented rookie receiver and no one else last year. So yes, its true.

I'm by no means a Sanchez homer but Mark was 56.7% with 26 TD/18 INT. So, about the same. And AJ Green is as good as Santonio and Burress (last year) put together.

Jets aren't carrying 6 WRs this year. Braylon would have to come at the expense of Schilens or White. Any extra offensive spot may be for a QB being that Tebow's more of a jack-of-all-trades guy, or a RB, or TE for their back to their roots ground game.

Bingo!

Other than the fact that no one seems interested in him, this makes even less sense from Braylon's perspective. I can't imagine a worse situation for him to build up enough stats with which to garner a long term commitment.

How can anyone deny the chemistry between Sanchez and Edwards

Schillens sucks, and we could use Braylon here for a fewyears

Really? More than Montana and Young? More than Simms and..... Rutledge? :D

How can anyone deny the chemistry between Sanchez and Edwards

Schillens sucks, and we could use Braylon here for a fewyears

I'll deny it. We're not talking Manning/Harrison here, and not a single person seems to want to acknowledge Edwards' knees.

I don't see how this could be a bad move at all. He's been a free agent since last season when he was cut, and no one jumped on him, so he'd be getting the vet. minimum from us. He and Sanchez had great chemistry, he's a great blocker for our run-first offense, he can stretch the field along with Hill to open things up for Santonio and Kerley underneath, and he was a real team player for us. He didn't have a fair chance in San Fran because of his injury and wasn't able to compete at his potential. I would take him back in a heartbeat if he is healthy and at the right price.

Yeah a one kneed former bust is great cover.

Dude, did you watch us any when we made it to the AFC title 2 years in a row? Edwards was the main reason we won all those comeback games in 2010, and his catch on 3rd and long at lucas oil in the playoffs slammed the door on Peyton ever getting the ball back to beat us in that game. Yeah we don't need anyone like that again. A rookie in Hill, or Chaz S. is just as good!

Dude, did you watch us any when we made it to the AFC title 2 years in a row? Edwards was the main reason we won all those comeback games in 2010, and his catch on 3rd and long at lucas oil in the playoffs slammed the door on Peyton ever getting the ball back to beat us in that game. Yeah we don't need anyone like that again. A rookie in Hill, or Chaz S. is just as good!

Lol the myths built around this guy are just unbelievable. The main reason for all the...Lolololol.

Recapture the magic!

Archived