If Jets do not make the playoffs this year- Rex gets fired what does jetnation think?

faba

there's no reason to fire Rex. His defense has been great. In fact I don't think the Jets could easily upgrade him. He says he's the best defensive mind in the league and he's not that far away.

If Tanny gets fired it will be because of the Mark Sanchez draft pick and Woody paying this player 50+ million dollars and not much to show for it.

No way Rex goes. No way. Say what you want, but 2 AFC Title games in 3 years with players who (at the time) were playing at a level elevated above their abilities says something. Sure there's been plenty of problems that came with it as far as discipline, but I still support Rex and the attitude he has brought to the organization.

This crap this year, is purely personnel related. We're in this mess because of horrendous personnel management. Tanny needs to go if we crap the bed this year, but as long as Woody is lining his pockets with Tebowbucks he won't go anywhere.

i think if they suck this year (which i dont expect) than this place is gonna turn on Rex exactly the way the turned on Herm.....If you think about it Rex and Herm have similarly outrageous, players coach styles........The only difference is Rex is the loud mouth, tough guy and herm is the crazy uncle.....both have been known to have players wanna run thru walls for them and were turned into absolute caricatures of themselves by the media

i think if they suck this year (which i dont expect) than this place is gonna turn on Rex exactly the way the turned on Herm.....If you think about it Rex and Herm have similarly outrageous, players coach styles........The only difference is Rex is the loud mouth, tough guy and herm is the crazy uncle.....both have been known to have players wanna run thru walls for them and were turned into absolute caricatures of themselves by the media

I fully expect Rex to be exposed as the fraud he really is.... just like herm was.

i dont think rex and tanny are tied together. tanny could get the axe, but id say he'd need another failing season. tanny is all woody has left of parcells, so itll be hard for the dolt let go of mr. t. Rex is too good to let go and tbh, coaches need time to mature into a HC position. 3-4 years isnt enough to know. 5-6 is when you really know what kind of HC you have.

What kind of sacrifice would we have to make to Bill Cowher to get him down here? I know he had a lot of family issues four years ago but I don't know what's going on in his life now.

Cowher for coach, Polian at GM, Woody can sit up there just like the Maras and Tishes and drink mint juleps all year. Doesn't he see how easily he could change his legacy?

What kind of sacrifice would we have to make to Bill Cowher to get him down here? I know he had a lot of family issues four years ago but I don't know what's going on in his life now.

Cowher for coach, Polian at GM, Woody can sit up there just like the Maras and Tishes and drink mint juleps all year. Doesn't he see how easily he could change his legacy?

I'm not on this Cowher is the magic pill bandwagon. Yes, the guy won a SB with the Steelers, but he also had 14 fricken seasons to do it. Don't get me wrong, I just want one Jets SB in my lifetime, but the thing is, there are plenty of other coaches who won more super bowls in less time.

The Jets are paying a dear price for personnel decisions of the past. Sure Rex has some input in that, I'm not blind, but when it comes to people going under the bus, it's Tanny and to an extent, his audience seeking boss, Woody J. No talent at WR - Not Rexy's fault. OL busts - Not really Rexy's fault. Tim Tebow - Purely Woody's fault. My guess is Rex played along as the Team Player in that one.

I'm not on this Cowher is the magic pill bandwagon. Yes, the guy won a SB with the Steelers, but he also had 14 fricken seasons to do it. Don't get me wrong, I just want one Jets SB in my lifetime, but the thing is, there are plenty of other coaches who won more super bowls in less time.

The Jets are paying a dear price for personnel decisions of the past. Sure Rex has some input in that, I'm not blind, but when it comes to people going under the bus, it's Tanny and to an extent, his audience seeking boss, Woody J. No talent at WR - Not Rexy's fault. OL busts - Not really Rexy's fault. Tim Tebow - Purely Woody's fault. My guess is Rex played along as the Team Player in that one.

Wait...didnt Rex say how many super bowls he has, or was going to have or will have? What, its like he is up to seven now right?

The only difference is that Rex can coach defense. Herm couldnt coach anything.

If this is a disasterous season I would have to think that Tannenbaum goes and the Jets bring in a GM who could take some of the player decisions away from Rex. The only problem is finding a GM when the coach is already picked for him. Most new GM's want to pick their own coaches. I would hate to see the Jets get rid of Rex no matter what happens this year. We know he can coach defense and coach it great. He is one of the best in the league at it. The whole issue is that Rex has never seen a defensive draft pick or defensive free agent that he doesnt like and offense has been an afterthought.

Cowher is a pipe dream anyway, but I do agree that it took awhile for him to finally get his Lombardi. It's worth noting that they needed to draft Big Ben to do it (the same guy who hasn't missed a stride since he lost Santonio...anyway...) But what I like about Cowher is that he can coach both sides of the ball. I should clarify that I'm not sitting here praying for Cowher, but I do want us to get a football GM.

EDIT: It's worth noting that Bill Cowher was 43-21 in his first four regular seasons, or .6719. Rex is 28-20, or .583 in three. That's not even close.

Archived