Did I Shave My Legs for THIS????

HDKostempski

:1cry: Okay, Jets fans. Gloat time for you because my team really laid an egg, but I said I'd still be here afterward, and so, here I am. I am going to chalk this one up to the Bills being ...

• over-confident
  • over-excited
  • over-hyped
  • snake-bit

All of the above or maybe none of the above. Weird things sometimes happen on Opening Day, so that's what I'm going with. I don't think anybody thought the score would be like this.

The pissiest part of this entire day was that one of my brothers organized an impromptu "firewood party" at the old family farm where assorted family members who want some split firewood for their homes or camps come on out, and invest some sweat equity in cutting up logs and sending them through the splitter. We bring libations, food, pals, spouses, kids, dogs, whatever, get a campfire going, and make a day of it. We were all there by 10, and the plan was to be done by noon or so we could set up my bro's TV on his cabin porch and have a game party.

I left early so I wouldn't miss the game on HDTV, hence the thread title, a reference to an old country-western song by Deana Carter. If I'd have stayed, we could at least done some target shooting or something since I gave up on this one when Spiller fumbled that nice pass reception. :badmood:

Bills were embarrassingly bad today. Chan Gailey shouldnt even be allowed to fly back to Buffalo. Just drop him off at port authority and tell him to take a greyhound back home to momma.

Good news is there will be a lot of seats available for games this year.

I feel bad for ya. sh*tty way to start the season. but hopefully spiller is the man (cause he;s on my fantasy team!)

The pissiest part of this entire day was that one of my brothers organized an impromptu "firewood party" at the old family farm where assorted family members who want some split firewood for their homes or camps come on out, and invest some sweat equity in cutting up logs and sending them through the splitter. We bring libations, food, pals, spouses, kids, dogs, whatever, get a campfire going, and make a day of it. We were all there by 10, and the plan was to be done by noon or so we could set up my bro's TV on his cabin porch and have a game party.

O/U total teeth: 3

So I went back and read the post itself and realized it's devoid of any credit offered to the Jets' play. What gives?

The Jets had the right levels of confidence, exitement, and hype without being snake-bitten, but they're still worse than the Bills.

Never credit the other team for their performance.

At least he could have included a Buttle-ism of "The other team gets paid to play too"

HDK is a "she", apparently. The leg-shaving thing in the thread title would be weird unless it was: 1) A girl, or 2) a swimmer doing laps while watching the game.

The Jets had the right levels of confidence, exitement, and hype without being snake-bitten, but they're still worse than the Bills.

Out of rep.

So I went back and read the post itself and realized it's devoid of any credit offered to the Jets' play. What gives?

First thing I thought of when I read it. All the Bills doing, Jets played no part. The chick has been posting delusional sh*t all offseason and was dead wrong about everything (as I kindly pointed out to her many times) and it pretty much panned right in front of her but it wasnt the Jets, no no no, the Bills just weren't ready.

First thing I thought of when I read it. All the Bills doing, Jets played no part. The chick has been posting delusional sh*t all offseason and was dead wrong about everything (as I kindly pointed out to her many times) and it pretty much panned right in front of her but it wasnt the Jets, no no no, the Bills just weren't ready.

Honestly, I don't blame her for that reaction. Even as a Jets fan I was dumbfounded watching this game. These two teams were worlds apart. Illogical explanations sometimes can be a result when reality falls THAT far short of your expectations as a fan.

:1cry: Okay, Jets fans. Gloat time for you because my team really laid an egg, but I said I'd still be here afterward, and so, here I am. I am going to chalk this one up to the Bills being ...

• over-confident
  • over-excited
  • over-hyped
  • snake-bit

All of the above or maybe none of the above. Weird things sometimes happen on Opening Day, so that's what I'm going with. I don't think anybody thought the score would be like this.

I left early so I wouldn't miss the game on HDTV, hence the thread title, a reference to an old country-western song by Deana Carter. If I'd have stayed, we could at least done some target shooting or something since I gave up on this one when Spiller fumbled that nice pass reception. :badmood:

Cool to come back.

Archived