Looking ahead: Steelers

Integrity28

Looks like the Steelers lost 2 starters on their O-line tonight. I'm not sure how long they will be out for, but the way the Denver front-7 harassed Big Ben has to have our guys licking their chops.

Steelers running game was terrible.

Ben is tough when he scrambles, but our DL should get to him and force him to make some bad throws that our secondary can take advantage of.

True test will be for the offense against Dick LeBeau's defense. Peyton totally out-smarted them at the line of scrimmage tonight. No-huddle and Peyton being Peyton with the pre-snap play changes... really made a difference.

It's going to be a good one.

I have a feeling Laron Landry is going to get some shots on Rapistberger. If he gets a head of steam I promise Big Ben goes down hard. If the Jets get the same protection like Sanchez enjoyed aganist the all world defensive front of the Bills I think this game could have a similar outcome.

I think the Jets should come out throwing and attack the Steelers It seems we have more at the WR position than we expected and this very well could have been by design. If so bravo to Sparano for coming in here and changing the mind set that has set us back for 6 years.

Big Ben can take a beating all day and still come back and beat you in the end.

Jets have to do some of what they did on offense yesterday - namely, continue to convert third downs. They won't beat the Steelers the way the Broncos Peyton Manning did; they can't afford to have a quarter where the offense is only on the field for :36. Luckily, as good as they looked yesterday, I don't think this Jets team has a lot of 2-play, 80 yard TD drives in them just yet.

Pitt has a TE but no RB. It will be interesting to see what sort of game plan we use against them. I suspect it will be similar to what we roll out against NE.

On a side note, Rothlesturd is my fantasy QB and I have Sanchize and Luck on the bench. Who do I start this coming week?

Big Ben can take a beating all day and still come back and beat you in the end.

Jets have to do some of what they did on offense yesterday - namely, continue to convert third downs. They won't beat the Steelers the way the Broncos Peyton Manning did last night and Tim Tebow did in the playoffs; they can't afford to have a quarter where the offense is only on the field for :36. Luckily, as good as they looked yesterday, I don't think this Jets team has a lot of 2-play, 80 yard TD drives in them just yet.

I see what you did and fixed it for you. Of course it has to be pointed out, as it was so many times last year, the Steelers were playing without a starting safety and their best linebacker.

Not an easy game in a place that has been a house of horrors for the Jets through the years.

yeah I'm thinking this is a loss. historically the Jets don't win in Pittsburgh. It only happened once, ever. this might be their toughest away game all year (seattle also tough)

yeah I'm thinking this is a loss. historically the Jets don't win in Pittsburgh. It only happened once, ever. this might be their toughest away game all year (seattle also tough)

Definitely not going to be easy game but a real chance to make a statement. Looking forward to it!

I think the Jets can win on both sides of the line of scrimmage. They're patchwork on the offensive side...Coples need to keep the passion he played with Sunday and get a little tighter on his spacing when he's holding the edge. Is Pouha back? Hopefully. The Pitt D front 3 is old (Hampton 35, Keisel 33) and Hood has yet to really impress me. Pitt's always scary though especially at home.

Archived