Belichick grabs official after game

Blackout

Ha! They wont suspend him. They'll fine him, it will be an undisclosed amount and Kraft will cover it.

The real intriguing part of all this is what does this mean for the replacement refs? Your darling HC just grabbed an official and yanked him around to make his point - that should be a suspension and fine - but it wont because Kraft helped Goodell get the job. Instead, we'll see Goodell's urgency to fix the scab refs problem increase ten fold. It will now be a priority because of who was effected (the Pats and Mr. Kraft).

Now that Kraft and Belichick think the replacements cost them a game, who wants to bet that the regular refs magically sign a contract this week?

You're a disgusting scumbag.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, it's not surprising to see so many upsets with these refs out there. If lesser teams are allowed to hold, and the better corners in the league aren't getting the benefit of the doubt on PI calls, that's a tremendous advantage taken away from the better squads.

It pains me to say this but you bring up an interesting point. In past years, it always seemed like certain teams would get the benefit of the doubt on certain calls. Like the Pats never getting called for holding, even though they always do it. Now, with these replacement refs, they aren't in bed with any of the teams so Belichick doesn't have anyone kissing his ass. Basically, these refs aren't playing favorites. They suck, but they suck with all of the teams. At least they're sucking equally bad for everyone.

Redic response. Touching the guys shoulder to get his attention is hardly an assault. really.

By the letter of the law it is, lol. But yeah, I get it, it SHOULDN'T be a big deal. I just think his fine will be heavier than the 20k a couple coaches got fined for berating the officials, especially since that was a point of emphasis all week. Probably 50K for Belichick.

By the letter of the law it is, lol. But yeah, I get it, it SHOULDN'T be a big deal. I just think his fine will be heavier than the 20k a couple coaches got fined for berating the officials, especially since that was a point of emphasis all week. Probably 50K for Belichick.

The New Sheriff is in a real pickle here. You know he's loath to discipline Grumblecakes, but you also know he's itching to make an example out of someone to re-legitimize the scabs and deflect attention from that travesty of a game.

Goodell spent all week telling teams that they can't berate officials, then Belichick goes and assaults one, lol. I really would not be shocked if he gets a 1-game suspension, but it wil probably just be a fine.

It's the Pats.Not going to happen. The King of the Hobos must have dirt on Goodell. Wouldn't be the first time he made an illicit tape to get an advantage.

Is there video of the Stockley incident?

Irvin had it right, whether the call was right, you do not put your hands on the ref's like that. If they gave Harbaugh a penalty just for standing on the field, they better give Beli a decent fine.

If the players/coaches are so upset with the officiating, tell Goodell to pay the real refs.

Not sure there is any hard and fast rule, and may be there shouldn't be. Tomlin ran onto the field late in the Steelers/Raiders during a post-whistle altercation. Appeared he was simply separating his players from the Raiders. That wasn't a penalty and shouldn't be a fine either.

Not sure there is any hard and fast rule, and may be there shouldn't be. Tomlin ran onto the field late in the Steelers/Raiders during a post-whistle altercation. Appeared he was simply separating his players from the Raiders. That wasn't a penalty and shouldn't be a fine either.

It seems to be different with each game. Reed level Branch, and very cleanly, but was flagged for it. Meanwhile DHB was destroyed by a helmet to helmet hit and not one flag was thrown. Some games are officiated slightly better then others, which isn't saying much.

If Rex would have done something like that the entire media universe led by ESPN would have been calling for the suspension of this out of control coach.

But its Belichick so he will get the gentle slap on the wrist and all evidence of this ever happening will be destroyed!

This.

Actually, what BB did, even though it was on a sports field, was simple assault and battery.

He was yelling at the official, it could have been Swahili, no matter, and when he was ignored (perfectly legal and in fact encouraged by league officials) he took it one step further and grabbed him.

Luckily for the official this time he was able to escape.

If I did the same thing to one of my ex wives I would serve time, and be prohibited from engaging in my profession.

Suspend his ass and make an example out of him, like Sean Payton

I forgot to specify, angry yelling in a threatening manner can be, and is quite often used as grounds for an assault charge, not to mention the obvious concerns this umpire should have about his future with the NFL. He has a lawsuit. The battery comes in when someone thinks they have a right to touch ..which they don't. Many an idiot has spent the night/month in jail testing this theory with the po po.

He should be held to the same standard as the coaches of other teams.

All scoring plays in the final 2 minutes are automatically reviewed.

BB wanted to know why the FG wasnt.

If the refs overturned that FG they would not have made it out alive. That was loudest chants of BULL-sh*t I've heard. The place was a tinderbox just waiting for a match.

LOL.

Seems like every season.

Cmon Man!

With the real refs Brady just had to pout...this year...equal suckage for the entire league...in a way...I'd almost prefer to keep these refs...but then again...the Jets play ugly...lol. Maybe we proclaim this the year of the Big Fugly!

Kind of fun to see it from my perspective.

Cmon Man!

With the real refs Brady just had to pout...this year...equal suckage for the entire league...in a way...I'd almost prefer to keep these refs...but then again...the Jets play ugly...lol. Maybe we proclaim this the year of the Big Fugly!

Kind of fun to see it from my perspective.

Where are the Pats and Brady blaming the Refs?

Where are the Pats and Brady blaming the Refs?

Not saying that...just saying...the refs are now calling it even...Brady and Beli used to get a couple of courtesy calls every game...now...not so much. Kind of like how LeBron and Kobe always get a couple of gimmes every game. From my perspective its ironical. From yours...maybe not so much.

Not saying that...just saying...the refs are now calling it even...Brady and Beli used to get a couple of courtesy calls every game...now...not so much. Kind of like how LeBron and Kobe always get a couple of gimmes every game. From my perspective its ironical. From yours...maybe not so much.

Really?

Tell me, what courtesy call did Brady get in the SB or the other games NE lost last season?

Really?

Tell me, what courtesy call did Brady get in the SB or the other games NE lost last season?

So is it your argument that since the Patriots don't have every single game handed to them as a victory, that somehow means they never get any calls given to them? Did you not watch the same completely laughable AFC Championship game as everyone else?

Archived