So here is Rex's "Trash Talk" about the Pats

shawn306

Seriously, I usually never reply. Most of your responses in this thread make me sick. Nothing Rex said was talking trash. He gave the Patriots respect, while having confidence in his team. If you think any of that is "bulletin board" material you've never played a sport. This is why we have the "best/worst" fans in sports. Hell we're 3-3 right now missing our best defensive/offensive players. If someone told you we'd be 3-3 without Revis and Holmes 90% of you would be ecstatic.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant stand Rex, I really dislike him as our HC.

That said, I don't think what he said is that big of a deal.

What I do think is that he does need more polish, and could have said the same thing a little different and this is a complete non issue:

If he had said, Of course we think are going to win, if you go into a football game thinking you are going to lose, you have already lost. Or something along those lines.

But again, I think it's everything else Rex has said in the past that puts him under a microscope.

Yeah now they REALLY want to win. Honestly, I don't know where this assinine line of thinking started but it should have stayed there. Like they were going to be lulled to ****ing sleep, getting drunk all night the night before and showing up to the game with one shoe and mismatching ****ing socks.

Yeah, that's what's made the Patriots so great the last ten years or so. Bulletin board material.

Holy ****ing sh*t.

Calm down son...

Some of you are so damn dense. What part of this was trash talk?

If you have heard the interviews, they were actually bland...

There wasn't any trash talk. In fact it was a complimentary endorsement of the pats organization. He says he thinks the jets will win. Duh. Show me a coach who doesn't believe his team will win any given week. We've become hypersensitive to Rex's media interactions.

Tomlin.

McCarthy

Payton (bounties and all)

Smith is like Rex... close but not there yet.

Belichick and his ****

Coughlin... guy wins when his back is against the wall

So 5 guys who are top-notch coaches.

4 guys who are brand new

and a bunch of guys who are mediocre to sucktastic.

1 common theme among this list of coaches: All of them are coaching future HOF QB's.

Weird. Right?

Seriously, I usually never reply. Most of your responses in this thread make me sick. Nothing Rex said was talking trash. He gave the Patriots respect, while having confidence in his team. If you think any of that is "bulletin board" material you've never played a sport. This is why we have the "best/worst" fans in sports. Hell we're 3-3 right now missing our best defensive/offensive players. If someone told you we'd be 3-3 without Revis and Holmes 90% of you would be ecstatic.

Level headed posting is highly discouraged around here. Please be more knee jerk and then you can post more and fit right in.

Thanks,

I have no problem with bravado. Head coaches need it. But they need it in the confines of their own locker room.

Granted, reporters now set him up with this type of crap, but he takes the bait so easily. He is borderline dopey.

he is a dope did you see the reporters setting him up with the Revis/IR/Superbowl crap ? Rex like a true idiot didnt even realize what was going on and was actully answering the questions. Yes it made me cringe

I agree with you, but I also wanted to add what a refreshing change the right-align paragraph style is to this board :)

90% of these people will never be ecstatic.

How is this trash talk? He's basically saying: "We want to beat them and think we can. They want to beat us and think they can. It's gonna be a fight. There's no surprises. Let's get it on."

I'd rather have a guy who just says it like it is than a turd like Belichek who tries to disguise everything he means.

Of course, like most of you, I hate it when Rex used to brag. But I think he's learning 'how' to express his honesty without making big, bold predictions like the superbowls or other guarantees.

He'll never be able to stop being honest, but I like this more matter of fact, humbled Rex. The ups and downs have been good for him so far in his NFL career.

he is a dope did you see the reporters setting him up with the Revis/IR/Superbowl crap ? Rex like a true idiot didnt even realize what was going on and was actully answering the questions. Yes it made me cringe

You are fascinating. You're highly critical of every aspect of the team, including press conferences, with one tiny exception. It's odd.

Here is a huge problem: We almost all agree that the QB situation is currently untenable. There is going to have to be a new QB brought into the NYJ.

Do you honestly trust Rex Ryan and his staff to develop a QB? Seriously? He has had enough problems developing defensive players. There is no way in hell I let him get his mitts on a raw QB.

Yeah now they REALLY want to win. Honestly, I don't know where this assinine line of thinking started but it should have stayed there. Like they were going to be lulled to ****ing sleep, getting drunk all night the night before and showing up to the game with one shoe and mismatching ****ing socks.

Yeah, that's what's made the Patriots so great the last ten years or so. Bulletin board material.

Holy ****ing sh*t.

So ****ing true.

This is one of the most bitch threads I have ever seen. God damn, I didn't realize how many people here are so soft.

But....now they know we want to win! They know that we think we can win! They know that Rex is confident in his team! What are we going to do?! Why did he tell them this stuff?

They are going to want to kill us now!

In other words....nothing changed at all.

But....now they know we want to win! They know that we think we can win! They know that Rex is confident in his team! What are we going to do?! Why did he tell them this stuff?

They are going to want to kill us now!

In other words....nothing changed at all.

Rex puts targets on the Jets. he gives players and coaches extra incentive to want to beat the Jets. Did you see how the Giants reacted last year when they beat us. They were incented beyond normal means.

Now, that said, this is not the worst of Rex Ryan. The worst of him is his overall management. All this does is put the cherry on top of the dopey sundae.

Here we go with the "never played sports" sh!t again... Lemme guess... you played A ball?

Our fan base is EXACTLY like every other fan base.

And yes, I totally expected the Jets to be 3-3 right now, even without the 2 "stars"

Now lets remember one thingy... WE ALL WANT THE GOD DAMN JETS TO WIN. Some of us prefer if he kept his mouth shut and had his players shove it down their throats. others of you like the braggy-Rex. Whatever.

How is this trash talk? He's basically saying: "We want to beat them and think we can. They want to beat us and think they can. It's gonna be a fight. There's no surprises. Let's get it on."

I'd rather have a guy who just says it like it is than a turd like Belichek who tries to disguise everything he means.

Of course, like most of you, I hate it when Rex used to brag. But I think he's learning 'how' to express his honesty without making big, bold predictions like the superbowls or other guarantees.

He'll never be able to stop being honest, but I like this more matter of fact, humbled Rex. The ups and downs have been good for him so far in his NFL career.

Its not about it being trash talk. its about Rex keeping his damn mouth shut. There is no need to say anything at all about the game. Just we're going to try out best, prepare well, and hope we finish strong.

You are fascinating. You're highly critical of every aspect of the team, including press conferences, with one tiny exception. It's odd.

No I make it very clear Sanchez had not played well I also make it clear he can be much better with the right pieces in place. Not to hard to understand. If you think its a good idea to drag another young QB into this cluster**** then I'll just disagree with that everytime. until this team learns to pay some attention to the skill positions I dont want to see a highly drafted QB near this organization or coaching staff

WEAPONS!!! NO PLAY MAKERS!!!! EVEN WHEN THEY MAKE PLAYS!!!!

hey man at least I admit Sanchez is not playing well while you stroke guys like Holmes and the rest of the misfits on this offense because they made a play here or there. If anyone is dilusional its you.

hey man at least I admit Sanchez is not playing well while you stroke guys like Holmes and the rest of the misfits on this offense because they made a play here or there. If anyone is dilusional its you.

MAKING PLAYS DOESNT MAKE YOU A PLAY MAKER!!!!!

///Smash'd

And just FTR,

More trash talking from Rex.. what the hell with this guy!!

Rex Ryan is never short on confidence, but if there’s one man whom he at times finds a place of reverence for, it’s the opposing head coach come late this Sunday afternoon.

Ryan his Jets are heading to New England to take on Bill Belichick and the Patriots, and Ryan knows that if it was just the two of them, his team would be at a disadvantage.

“It was just between Belichick and me, he’s going to win, no doubt,” Ryan said at his Wednesday press conference before practice. “I recognize that. But it’s not going to be by lack of effort on my part. He’s going to get everything I’ve got.”

Ryan and the Jets are coming in off a uplifting 35-9 win over the Colts, having rushed the ball for a season-high 246 yards that got their record to 3-3. The Patriots are coming off a crushing 24-23 loss to the Seahawks which dropped them to the same record of 3-3. The Dolphins and Bills are also 3-3 creating a four-way tie for first (and last) in the AFC East, a division the Patriots have won nine of the past 11 years, including the past three since Ryan took over the Jets.

“When I look at him, I see him as the best coach in the league,” Ryan said. “Maybe if he has his struggles one day, he’s sick, who knows, I get him.”rex3141731--415x415.jpg

Jeff Zelevansky

This season, Ryan has called himself the best defensive coach in the league, but will not go so far as to put that label on his head coach status. For that, he leaves Belichick atop the mountain by himself, a place he hopes to ascend to one day.

“The way I look at it as, you want to compete against the very best,” Ryan said. “Maybe I’m crazy, whatever, it’s maybe not even debatable, but I have dreams about what I want to achieve and I want to compete against the very best.

“I don’t want to compete against someone down here,” he continued, “but I want to compete against the guy up here. That’s where I want to get one day, and if I eventually get there, that’d be great. Then maybe people would want to compete against me the same way. That would be terrific.”

bcyrgalis@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...O#ixzz29aWooOBG

More trash talking from Rex.. what the hell with this guy!!

Rex Ryan is never short on confidence, but if there’s one man whom he at times finds a place of reverence for, it’s the opposing head coach come late this Sunday afternoon.

Ryan his Jets are heading to New England to take on Bill Belichick and the Patriots, and Ryan knows that if it was just the two of them, his team would be at a disadvantage.

“It was just between Belichick and me, he’s going to win, no doubt,” Ryan said at his Wednesday press conference before practice. “I recognize that. But it’s not going to be by lack of effort on my part. He’s going to get everything I’ve got.”

Ryan and the Jets are coming in off a uplifting 35-9 win over the Colts, having rushed the ball for a season-high 246 yards that got their record to 3-3. The Patriots are coming off a crushing 24-23 loss to the Seahawks which dropped them to the same record of 3-3. The Dolphins and Bills are also 3-3 creating a four-way tie for first (and last) in the AFC East, a division the Patriots have won nine of the past 11 years, including the past three since Ryan took over the Jets.

“When I look at him, I see him as the best coach in the league,” Ryan said. “Maybe if he has his struggles one day, he’s sick, who knows, I get him.”rex3141731--415x415.jpg

Jeff Zelevansky

This season, Ryan has called himself the best defensive coach in the league, but will not go so far as to put that label on his head coach status. For that, he leaves Belichick atop the mountain by himself, a place he hopes to ascend to one day.

“The way I look at it as, you want to compete against the very best,” Ryan said. “Maybe I’m crazy, whatever, it’s maybe not even debatable, but I have dreams about what I want to achieve and I want to compete against the very best.

“I don’t want to compete against someone down here,” he continued, “but I want to compete against the guy up here. That’s where I want to get one day, and if I eventually get there, that’d be great. Then maybe people would want to compete against me the same way. That would be terrific.”

bcyrgalis@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...O#ixzz29aWooOBG

He is recycling schtick, now. Rex oozes dopiness.

Archived