Why not start Tebow at QB?

Blackout

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly if he stays on the team, give him a chance in camp to win the job.  i know reports say he sucks in practice but give him an equal chance with sanchez, mcelroy, quinn, garrad, or whoever else is on the roster. he probably wont win the job but who knows.  hes not a great passer but i tell u what he wont sulk it up on the sidleine like mark does and he wont turn it over. i just dont know if i can stomach another year of number 6, so whoever wins the job in camp is the guy

Why does Rex Ryan escape culpability on anything that the Jets do that doesn't work?

Well, as head coach he doesn't.  Ultimately it is the head coach's responsibility to ensure a well-oiled machine takes the field. 

But as we know, Rex Ryan is clueless when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.  That is why he has hired folks he believes will absolve him from that responsibility.  Sparano obviously didn't know how to get to Mark, or utilize Tebow.  Cavanaugh didn't help matters much either.  It seems like the entire offense regressed last year.  Considering we just implemented a new offense, with a new OC, it's pretty convenient to point the finger that direction.  It's not what Rex Ryan and company did with Tebow.  Rex Ryan didn't do sh*t.  If I'm a new OC for the Jets, or new QB-coach...at the very LEAST, I would be intrigued to see what Tebow has to offer the team.  Be it through QB competition, sub-packages, Fullback, H-back, Running back, Joker TE, etc. 

He had enough of something to be a first round draft pick...and he did something well enough to be had for a 4th and 6th round pick.  I find it hard to believe that someone with his work ethic, football skill, and character would be worthless to a team.  

Well, as head coach he doesn't.  Ultimately it is the head coach's responsibility to ensure a well-oiled machine takes the field. 

But as we know, Rex Ryan is clueless when it comes to the offensive side of the ball.  That is why he has hired folks he believes will absolve him from that responsibility.  Sparano obviously didn't know how to get to Mark, or utilize Tebow.  Cavanaugh didn't help matters much either.  It seems like the entire offense regressed last year.  Considering we just implemented a new offense, with a new OC, it's pretty convenient to point the finger that direction.  It's not what Rex Ryan and company did with Tebow.  Rex Ryan didn't do sh*t.  If I'm a new OC for the Jets, or new QB-coach...at the very LEAST, I would be intrigued to see what Tebow has to offer the team.  Be it through QB competition, sub-packages, Fullback, H-back, Running back, Joker TE, etc. 

He had enough of something to be a first round draft pick...and he did something well enough to be had for a 4th and 6th round pick.  I find it hard to believe that someone with his work ethic, football skill, and character would be worthless to a team.  

Rex brought Cavanaugh to this team. Rex brought Sparano to this team. 

It is hard to separate leadership decisions (naming coaches) from coaching a team. No team is served well by having a coach that is totally neutered to only handling one thing well, and everything else has to be spoon fed to him. That's a tough way to have to live with a HC

Rex brought Cavanaugh to this team. Rex brought Sparano to this team. 

It is hard to separate leadership decisions (naming coaches) from coaching a team. No team is served well by having a coach that is totally neutered to only handling one thing well, and everything else has to be spoon fed to him. That's a tough way to have to live with a HC

I don't absolve Rex of the Sparano hire, but I question if that were really him.  Sparano is a Parcells guy and Parcells ties are with Tannenbaum and Woody.  Philosophically it does seem that Sparano fit what he wanted to do, but I'm not sure.  I agree about the neutered part, but they did that to him coming in, forcing Schottenheimer on him.  I'd like to know if he had input on Mornhinweg or if that was forced on him too.

Hmm, let examine these factors:

Throwing Accuracy: Tebow is WORSE than Sanchez (is that even possible?)

Leadership: I am willing to bet that no Offensive starter believes Tebow is a starting QB. While maybe 1-3 people on the offensive still believe (i can't believe I am writing this) in Sanchez.

Throwing Strength: I think Tebow probably has a better gun that Sanchez. 

Intangibles: Tebow has God on his side, Sanchez has GQ and Hot dogs. Tebow by a mile. 

Jets Belief: I do not believe the management of the Jets believe in Tebow's QB ability. So Sanchez by default...

Sanchez in a squeaker...Good luck to Tebow wherever he lands....he got a raw deal with the NYJ. Good Luck Tebow...wherever God takes you. 

Polian : Tebow 'not an NFL quarterback'

ESPN NFL analyst Bill Polian shoveled some dirt on Tim Tebow

during an appearance on SportsCenter Tuesday morning: "Tim Tebow's time

with the Jets is over. His time as an NFL quarterback is probably over.

If I were a general manager I'd say to Tim Tebow, If you want to come

in here and you want to play running back, you want to play H-back, you

want to play tight end and contribute on special teams, there's a job

for you, because Tim Tebow's a football player. But he's not an NFL

quarterback, and his days as an NFL quarterback are probably over."

> http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/21367/polian-tebow-not-an-nfl-quarterback

:love0040:

In Tebow's first playoff game, not only did he do something that has hardly ever been done, it took many of the current

playoff winning NFL QBs years to do..he threw for over 300 yds ..in his first playoff appearance.

Since the Steelers were ranked number one defense, this is also notable.

He also trashed Elway's career playoff PER by posting a 125.6.. again, unheard of.

The game would have been a blowout, except the BRoncos had a 24th ranked defense when Tim took over at QB...so they gave up a nice lead to the Steelers..I guess even a blind sTeeler can get a nut once in a while. 

BTW, when Tebow took over the Broncos, they had a one point eight percent chance of making the playoffs.

In Tebow's first playoff game, not only did he do something that has hardly ever been done, it took many of the current

playoff winning NFL QBs years to do..he threw for over 300 yds ..in his first playoff appearance.

Since the Steelers were ranked number one defense, this is also notable.

He also trashed Elway's career playoff PER by posting a 125.6.. again, unheard of.

The game would have been a blowout, except the BRoncos had a 24th ranked defense when Tim took over at QB...so they gave up a nice lead to the Steelers..I guess even a blind sTeeler can get a nut once in a while. 

BTW, when Tebow took over the Broncos, they had a one point eight percent chance of making the playoffs.

11-2-11-delusions.jpg

Seriously...

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

Archived