Why not start Tebow at QB?

Blackout

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be a decent QB, you have to be able to throw the ball well with some consistency and accuracy. Although he is a good athlete and Heisman Trophy winner, Tebow is no QB.

Start him at any feasible position, but not QB. He appears to be an excellent blocker. Start there?

To be a decent QB, you have to be able to throw the ball well with some consistency and accuracy. Although he is a good athlete and Heisman Trophy winner, Tebow is no QB.

Start him at any feasible position, but not QB. He appears to be an excellent blocker. Start there?

you say this as if Sanchez could throw with accuracy?

New GM Idzik wants to give Tebow the chance he supposedly never got to compete at QB. Maybe it's worth a shot with nothing to lose. Any favorable results may give Tebow more value on the trading block, which he doesn't have now!

Sanchez showed how much he SUCKED at QB with his 500 turn overs

brady quinn sucks too

why NOT start Tebow a few games and see how son does?

Are you seriously starting this thread? You know good and well the chance of that happening is soo small it only makes for good conversation around a pot filled bong. Maybe this thread would be worthwhile if Idcik said Tebow will be on the team but he didn't, he only said he might be on the team.

Even so, I am tired of cheerleading for the guy and I've come to believe that the QB position is not something that is "won" in practice. It's more of a collective decision that happens before the players ever get to training camp. Do forget the story of Tom Brady. He did not "beat out" Bledsoe., Drew got hurt.

Yeah, I definitely think Mornhinweg will be spending some time with Tebow. I don't think Tebow is completely shot as a QB but I'm very tempted to go JN and say that no Jet players can or will improve as players during their time as Jets. They all suck and are stupid.

Are you seriously starting this thread? You know good and well the chance of that happening is soo small it only makes for good conversation around a pot filled bong. Maybe this thread would be worthwhile if Idcik said Tebow will be on the team but he didn't, he only said he might be on the team.

Even so, I am tired of cheerleading for the guy and I've come to believe that the QB position is not something that is "won" in practice. It's more of a collective decision that happens before the players ever get to training camp. Do forget the story of Tom Brady. He did not "beat out" Bledsoe., Drew got hurt.

tebow > quinn + sanchez x 10000

tebow > quinn + sanchez x 10000

It doesn't matter he will not get the chance to show it. Even if he makes it I to the so called "training camp competition" it won't happen. There is no Peyton Manning / Ryan Lindley type separation between Sanchez, Tebow, Garrard, Quinn or whoever.

The starter will be chosen, it's not like you can line them up in one on one basketball games against each other.

i heard on the radio today that the JEts are still considering keeping Tebow

that's why i started said thread

Me thinks you are confusing a trip to the circus with a fairy tale.

Must have been a dream of mine when I was visiting the circus that Tebow beat the leagues best D in the playoffs and his replacement, the great Peyton Manning failed at winning a playoff game.

Must have been a dream of mine when I was visiting the circus that Tebow beat the leagues best D in the playoffs and his replacement, the great Peyton Manning failed at winning a playoff game.

We saw what Rex Ryan and co. could do with Tebow. It was not pretty. No way do I want to see that in the future.

We saw what Rex Ryan and co. could do with Tebow. It was not pretty. No way do I want to see that in the future.

In all fairness, Ryan entrusted the offense to Sparano; that was his gig.  We saw what the old co. did with Tebow, the new coaches might have a different approach. 

Sanchez showed how much he SUCKED at QB with his 500 turn overs

brady quinn sucks too

why NOT start Tebow a few games and see how son does?

"...why NOT start Tebow a few games and see how son does ? "

~ ~ fine...i have no problem starting tebow for a few games....as long as it's NOT at qb.

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

Archived