Asomugha gets 1 year 3 million

Thor99

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point in his career, Revis is probably still three times the corner Nnamdi is, injury concerns and all. So pay him $12m/per and extend him.

champ bailey is the highest paid CB in 2013 at 9.5, Finnegan is second at 9. **** Revis. Take 10 and stfu or get bent.

It kind of tells you that a super bowl team doesn't want to spend a ton of draft picks or give a guy like Revis long term big money.

You would think the Broncos would be in the conversation considering their CB choked.  I guess nobody really wants to trade a ton of picks for Revis, healthy or not.    And at this point, only the Bucs seem ok with $12-16 million.       

I imagine if they don't trade Revis,   the Bucs wind up outbidding them next year and get him.  They already seem ok with paying a ton for the guy. Then again, if Freeman has a good season,  they'll have to pay him first.   If Freeman sucks,  does it really matter if they get Revis or not next year?

champ bailey is the highest paid CB in 2013 at 9.5, Finnegan is second at 9. **** Revis. Take 10 and stfu or get bent.

Your 100% wrong. In fact that's only their base salary lol. Those dudes are getting paid. Finnegan will make $14 mil this season. Champ old ass is schedule to make $11 mil. Carr from the Cowboys is about to cash in at $14 mil. Johnathan Joesph is only going to make $8 mil but that's after making $18 mil his 1st season. Cro on the opposite side of Revis is schedule to make $9.5 mil. So 10 million? Child please. Revis will only agree to that as his base salary for starters.

I imagine if they don't trade Revis,   the Bucs wind up outbidding them next year and get him.

Bucs don't have the cap space in order to do that for next season. Reason for them having that cap space this off-season is because they turn both Nicks and Jackson's base salary to the minimum to create $18 more million in cap space. If they trade for Revis they'll have to front load his cap hit with most of it being for 2013 to make things work long term. So it would be smart for the Bucs regime to get him now than take the risk next season.

Word.

This, 2013 free agency might yet give the Jets the chance to keep Revis. 

Funny, I think the 2013 free agency is ******* the Jets chances to keep him OR get much value.  A ton of guys are signing one year deals.  Revis is on a 1 year $6M contract.  Maybe he would go for 2 for $26 or something like that.  I don't know if players think money is going to open up next year or what, but a lot of guys are taking one year deals. 

Funny, I think the 2013 free agency is ******* the Jets chances to keep him OR get much value.  A ton of guys are signing one year deals.  Revis is on a 1 year $6M contract.  Maybe he would go for 2 for $26 or something like that.  I don't know if players think money is going to open up next year or what, but a lot of guys are taking one year deals. 

Money isn't going to magically open up. This is the new NFL. The salary cap is flatter. Teams cannot afford splurges. You are going to see a more conservative approach and focusing on core positions.

The players got sold down the river on the new deal. And they thought Gene Upshaw was the devil

It's possible. I guess we won't know until it all goes down. Only a couple more weeks of this nonsense... :)

Money isn't going to magically open up. This is the new NFL. The salary cap is flatter. Teams cannot afford splurges. You are going to see a more conservative approach and focusing on core positions.

The players got sold down the river on the new deal. And they thought Gene Upshaw was the devil

Pretty cagey. The owners ceded a bigger piece of the pie, then shrunk the pie.

They sure did.

How long before the next strike?

Your 100% wrong. In fact that's only their base salary lol. Those dudes are getting paid. Finnegan will make $14 mil this season. Champ old ass is schedule to make $11 mil. Carr from the Cowboys is about to cash in at $14 mil. Johnathan Joesph is only going to make $8 mil but that's after making $18 mil his 1st season. Cro on the opposite side of Revis is schedule to make $9.5 mil. So 10 million? Child please. Revis will only agree to that as his base salary for starters.

oh well, yeah. I suck at the cap stuff. But even so take ouf Finnagan and Carr and around 10M per is around the price over the length. Who's gonna pay him even that until they know he can even play anymore. F Revis.

When you have agents that are crying about the new deal and how it hamstringing teams (and ultimately players), you know that the owners won in a big way.

It is one of the main reasons why Revis will not be a Jet (at least in the numbers he has asked for). Teams need to manage much more creatively, and teams will be built around a couple of high salaries (in key positions) along with a lot of low level minimum making players. NFL GMing just changed.

Carr's average is $10M.  He may be taking in $14M this year, but then to bring his average annual compensation down he'll "cash in" at about $8M/year for the next 3.  And I wouldn't say Dallas the model of player contract smartitude.  This is the same team that just gave $55M guaranteed to Tony Romo.

Champ's contract was signed before the lockout, prior to the current CBA.  The only reason they haven't cut ties with him yet is because they still have so many important players still under their dirt-cheap rookie contracts with ridiculously low cap hits for 2013.  Ayers ($3m), Beadles (<$1m), Miller ($5m), Decker ($1.5m), Franklin ($1m), Moore ($1m), Demaryius Thomas ($2m), Walton ($1.5m), Wolfe (<$1m).  What is that, 9 starters that count a combined $16-17m? 

Finnegan is just an idiotic contract.  Even still, it was structured so this year would be high while the other years were lower.  His average is $10m not $14m.  So while he made $24m in his first 2 years he then makes $26m over the last 3 years.

So while you're lol'ing that "that's only the base salary" you're then citing 1-year totals that are far off the average, or in Champ's case are citing a contract signed before the lockout which is only being honored this year because of the wealth of starters whose cap number this year is so low because they're rookie deals.  Kudos to Denver for drafting this well, but if they hadn't then Champ would have been cut in March with Dumervil.

And stop trying to act like a bigger know-it-all douche than me.  I find it pretty offensive.

Carr's average is $10M. He may be taking in $14M this year, but then to bring his average annual compensation down he'll "cash in" at about $8M/year for the next 3. And I wouldn't say Dallas the model of player contract smartitude. This is the same team that just gave $55M guaranteed to Tony Romo.

Champ's contract was signed before the lockout, prior to the current CBA. The only reason they haven't cut ties with him yet is because they still have so many important players still under their dirt-cheap rookie contracts with ridiculously low cap hits for 2013. Ayers ($3m), Beadles (<$1m), Miller ($5m), Decker ($1.5m), Franklin ($1m), Moore ($1m), Demaryius Thomas ($2m), Walton ($1.5m), Wolfe (<$1m). What is that, 9 starters that count a combined $16-17m?

Finnegan is just an idiotic contract. Even still, it was structured so this year would be high while the other years were lower. His average is $10m not $14m. So while he made $24m in his first 2 years he then makes $26m over the last 3 years.

So while you're lol'ing that "that's only the base salary" you're then citing 1-year totals that are far off the average, or in Champ's case are citing a contract signed before the lockout which is only being honored this year because of the wealth of starters whose cap number this year is so low because they're rookie deals. Kudos to Denver for drafting this well, but if they hadn't then Champ would have been cut in March with Dumervil.

And stop trying to act like a bigger know-it-all douche than me. I find it pretty offensive.

I was thinking the same thing. I was like, look here Sperm Edwards, but then i was like, wait one second wtf is this?

Bucs don't have the cap space in order to do that for next season. Reason for them having that cap space this off-season is because they turn both Nicks and Jackson's base salary to the minimum to create $18 more million in cap space. If they trade for Revis they'll have to front load his cap hit with most of it being for 2013 to make things work long term. So it would be smart for the Bucs regime to get him now than take the risk next season.

The thought of the Bucs heavily front-loading a long contract for Revis with smaller salaries on the back end makes me laugh.  Could any team be dumb enough to do that with Revis?!

When you have agents that are crying about the new deal and how it hamstringing teams (and ultimately players), you know that the owners won in a big way.

It is one of the main reasons why Revis will not be a Jet (at least in the numbers he has asked for). Teams need to manage much more creatively, and teams will be built around a couple of high salaries (in key positions) along with a lot of low level minimum making players. NFL GMing just changed.

I hope this means he will be a Jet, agreed though the #s that were reported for him aren't an option.  They Jets should lock him up now long term based on Nnamdi's deal.  4 years, 14 million for Revis. :)

I hope this means he will be a Jet, agreed though the #s that were reported for him aren't an option.  They Jets should lock him up now long term based on Nnamdi's deal.  4 years, 14 million for Revis. :)

I would love to have Revis back, but it needs to be at the new market reality. And I don't think he wants to hear that. Particularly if TB has already whispered 13m annual averages with a large signing bonus, which you would have to believe they already have.

I would love to have Revis back, but it needs to be at the new market reality. And I don't think he wants to hear that. Particularly if TB has already whispered 13m annual averages with a large signing bonus, which you would have to believe they already have.

I agree.  It is win \ win, if Tampa is going to pay that much contract wise, then they should have no problem handing over a first round pick.  Otherwise we keep Revis and get him signed long term.

It is scary to think what Revis would want contract wise if he wasn't coming off a serious injury.

I agree.  It is win \ win, if Tampa is going to pay that much contract wise, then they should have no problem handing over a first round pick.  Otherwise we keep Revis and get him signed long term.

It is scary to think what Revis would want contract wise if he wasn't coming off a serious injury.

Or Tampa tells Idzik to gfh and waits till next offseason to sign Revis.  Why would Revis sign here for 10 when he knows Tampa will give him 13 next March?

Or Tampa tells Idzik to gfh and waits till next offseason to sign Revis.  Why would Revis sign here for 10 when he knows Tampa will give him 13 next March?

Because if he does his knee again this year, he's getting 5 next March on a one-year show-me deal.

Archived