Live draft discussion - rounds 2-3

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. And the best part is he's a second rounder. He can sit and learn not what to do from Sanchez for a year. We can go get him his #1 WR in the top 10 next year. 

The fact he fell to us makes it all the better.   Crazy not to take a flyer on him.  No other pick has the potential to change the jets like this one. It;s a QB driven league. 

Yup.

We are fans of an organization that historically bends to the whim of fan reaction, or over-reaction.

It is hard watching all these other teams add prospects I feel like we should want, but then I remember we were about 8 starters short of fielding a team coming into the draft, and as long as we don't have a QB... and despite having 4 on the roster, we have none. 

I have to believe that Brick + Mangold + rest of OL + Morninwheg = proper development of a rookie QB for the first time in my lifetime watching the Jets.

We start the season with Garrard under center. Ease Geno in, do it right for once. 

I got a little stiff reading this.

The fact he fell to us makes it all the better.   Crazy not to take a flyer on him.  No other pick has the potential to change the jets like this one. It;s a QB driven league. 

This.  As much as I liked some of the WR prospects, none of them can help the Jets as much as Geno, all things equal assuming they reach their maximum potential. 

This.  As much as I liked some of the WR prospects, none of them can help the Jets as much as Geno, all things equal assuming they reach their maximum potential. 

Thats just it.  No matter how good any other position is, especially a receiver doesn't mean jack sh*t until you got your QB.  GENO GENO GENO

Exactly, and the reality is... we can still add OG, TE and RB in later rounds that do contribute immediately. I'm not that worried about WR, Morninwheg made mediocre guys work in his system in Philly most years. I think Kerley is perfect for WCO, and Hill is going to be like when you get your winter coat out of storage and find 5 bucks in the pocket from last winter. Essentially, last year was a red shirt year and we have NO idea what his true value is.

The idea of developing a Geno to Hill relationship in the coming years, wow.

I'm having a hard time being negative about this draft. 

It's all about context, most teams are looking for great prospects to augment their already in-place building blocks, while the Jets one of the ONLY teams literally looking for multiple building blocks in one draft. Can't look at what the teams around us are able to do, they aren't trying to take the first step toward recovering from Tanny.

Exactly, and the reality is... we can still add OG, TE and RB in later rounds that do contribute immediately. I'm not that worried about WR, Morninwheg made mediocre guys work in his system in Philly most years. I think Kerley is perfect for WCO, and Hill is going to be like when you get your winter coat out of storage and find 5 bucks in the pocket from last winter. Essentially, last year was a red shirt year and we have NO idea what his true value is.

The idea of developing a Geno to Hill relationship in the coming years, wow.

I'm having a hard time being negative about this draft. 

It's all about context, most teams are looking for great prospects to augment their already in-place building blocks, while the Jets one of the ONLY teams literally looking for multiple building blocks in one draft. Can't look at what the teams around us are able to do, they aren't trying to take the first step toward recovering from Tanny.

Agreed.  They need help every where.  Why not go BAP the whole way?  Its wise. 

A little biased being a S Fla guy...Geno went to school 20 mins from me...now he's a Jet, and those are 2 reasons Im REALLY pulling for him!

Please let Idzik know what the F he's doing!

Richardson was rated ahead of Star?  Or is he more of a DE. Nevermind.

A lot of rumors were that (actua)l NFL teams considerd Floyd overrated. So it would come down to Star vs. Richardson. Two very different players, one a meaty run stuffer the other an explosive 3 tech who can penetrate. So it'd be more personal preference. 

The two most talked about players, teams were trying to trade up for after Mingo was Austin and Richardson. 

A lot of rumors were that (actua)l NFL teams considerd Floyd overrated. So it would come down to Star vs. Richardson. Two very different players, one a meaty run stuffer the other an explosive 3 tech who can penetrate. So it'd be more personal preference. 

The two most talked about players, teams were trying to trade up for after Mingo was Austin and Richardson. 

Aight fair enough.

Both Floyd and Star were rated ahead of Richardson on the DT charts I've seen.

Correct. But I've read and heard multiple reports (one even being NFL Network) that Floyd was considered media hype driven by the mock community which drove his value up. Most team didn't consider him Top 10. I read and saw that before he fell then he fell so I'm willing to believe it. 

Also read that multiple teams were trying to trade up for Richardson pre-draft

Like Aaron Rodgers?

OK too optimistic.

i love the stuff that holgorsen runs... but his past qb's were weeden and keenam.. both great college qb's butttttttttttttttt havent done much since

so yeah, i think rodgers may be a bit too optimistic

And now people are fellating the NYG approach to drafting.  Suck my d*** NFL Network.

Exactly. I would love to do the research on Pugh throughout the process. I remember him struggling watching the Sr. Bowl and they were like, a solid 2nd or 3rd rounder with short arms who'll probably end up a solid NFL guard. Now he's an awesome pick. Though the same people saying that NONE of them had him in the first round. lol. *shrugs. 

Archived