Live draft discussion - rounds 2-3

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. This is where you draft guards. :)

I applaud you. You've not waivered on this, and you are spot on correct.

Write-up says Winters would be ideal for zone blocking scheme, which is what Morninwheg brings with him no?

Would have preferred WR- Keenan Allen. Our new QB needs some new weapons.

Word.

I was thinking Allen myself. #1WR by some accounts. *cough, Bit, cough

But we also had Quentin Patton, John Franklin, and Stedman Bailey on the board. Surprised we didn't draft some sizzle, but it's a solid solid, pickup.

Word.

I was thinking Allen myself. #1WR by some accounts. *cough, Bit, cough

But we also had Quentin Patton, John Franklin, and Stedman Bailey on the board. Surprised we didn't draft some sizzle, but it's a solid solid, pickup.

Bailey is a slot guy, don't see us looking at him

A guard in round 3??? Way too late for that position.

Guards are sh*t unless they're drafted in the top 10 (or unless the Giants draft them 15-20 slots ahead of where they're expected to go).

Waiting till the second round you usually only find projects like Vlad, 3rd and beyond don't even bother

Yup. This is where you draft guards. :)

I applaud you. You've not waivered on this, and you are spot on correct.

Write-up says Winters would be ideal for zone blocking scheme, which is what Morninwheg brings with him no?

OMG whatever. You both realize Cooper was #1 on their board, right?

"Chance Warmack/Alabama and Jonathan Cooper/North Carolina stand head and shoulders atop the guard class.  Larry Warford/Kentucky tops the second tier of players at the position.  Who comes next?  Overall I’m told the next group of guards consists of Brian Winters/Kent State, David Quessenberry/San Jose State, David Bakhtiari/Coloradoand Alvin Bailey/Arkansas.  This group should start to come off the board late in round two.  I would include Dallas Thomas/Tennessee in this group but most teams have Thomas on their tackle board." -Tony Pauline

Blech. That's too high. 

If he averages about 1000 yards and 8 TDs, it'll be worth it. 

Idzik is modeling this team after the Seahawks though. Supporting a young QB, that he didn't reach on in R1, with investments in the running game and defense. I'm really curious to see where this goes. I like the approach A LOT.

If he averages about 1000 yards and 8 TDs, it'll be worth it. 

Idzik is modeling this team after the Seahawks though. Supporting a young QB, that he didn't reach on in R1, with investments in the running game and defense. I'm really curious to see where this goes. I like the approach A LOT.

There are still good prospects in the fourth round, and the Jets have bigger needs at WR, TE, and Safety, IMHO. Plus, I'm just not a fan of giving RBs second contracts in general. We'll have to see what the deal looks like. 

Joe McKnight would be wise to spend the summer in CB camp. 

There are still good prospects in the fourth round, and the Jets have bigger needs at WR, TE, and Safety, IMHO. Plus, I'm just not a fan of giving RBs second contracts in general. We'll have to see what the deal looks like. 

I typically agree with you on 2nd contracts for RBs, but in this case I'm okay with it. I think Ivory has some beastly potential. I wanted him for a 5th, BUT when you consider that he's already versed in NFL-level pass protection you can make the case for offering the 4th. A lot of rookies RBs take a year just to "get it" in pass protection, and many never do.

I agree McKnight better be prepared to play some nickel or free safety. He's too good an athlete to cut, but he's not a RB.

BRANDONLLOYDISTHEFUTURE

Archived