"Guy Cry" Movies

Jetsfan80

What are some movies that make you cry?  Come on, admit it, every guy has at least one, and if you claim you don't, you have no soul.  

Here are some of mine:

Field of Dreams

Granted, there are many distracting aspects to "Field of Dreams" that take away from the film overall.  For instance, Joe Jackson bats right-handed in the film (he was a lefty) and is bright and wise (he was illiterate).  Plus, Ray (Costner)'s dad isn't very good at throwing a baseball for a supposed minor league catcher.  But man, does this scene get me every time.

Saving Private Ryan

When Private Ryan, in his old age, turns to his wife and says "Tell me I've led a good life, tell me I'm a good man", that's when I fall apart.  

Up

The opening scene to this movie just wasn't even fair.  Completely caught me by surprise.  I was on a first date with a girl and it took all of my power not to be break down completely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTBQYAE-pMk

Marley and Me

I went to see this with my family.  We grew up with 2 great dogs.  Needless to say none of us left the theater with dry eyes.

OTHERS:  Rudy, Shawshank Redemption, E.T., The Green Mile

Enough said.

**** you Bridge to Terabithia, **** you My Girl, **** you, **** you I am Sam, **** you The Champ, **** you The Lovely Bones, **** you Brian's Song, **** you Million Dollar Baby, **** you My Dog Skip, **** you Bambi, **** you Pan's Labyrinth, **** you Simon Birch, **** you Charlotte's Web, **** you The Pianist, **** you Where the Wild Things Are and quite frankly, **** you Life of Pi. 

**** you Bridge to Terabithia, **** you My Girl, **** you, **** you I am Sam, **** you The Champ, **** you The Lovely Bones, **** you Brian's Song, **** you Million Dollar Baby, **** you My Dog Skip, **** you Bambi, **** you Pan's Labyrinth, **** you Simon Birch, **** you Charlotte's Web, **** you The Pianist, **** you Where the Wild Things Are and quite frankly, **** you Life of Pi. 

This is the best way for a man to deal with sad movies.  Respond with anger for making us cry.

Field of Dreams makes me cry because its slow as sh*t, Kevin Costner has the acting skills of a cardboard cutout of Kevin Costner, and it's about baseball - which, ironically, is also slow as sh*t.

Field of Dreams makes me cry because its slow as sh*t, Kevin Costner has the acting skills of a cardboard cutout of Kevin Costner, and it's about baseball - which, ironically, is also slow as sh*t.

But it's got James Earl Jones!  Tell me you weren't moved a LITTLE by this speech:

Two scenes in Field of Dreams absolutely destroy me.  The first is the one JF80 posted, "A Catch With Dad".  If that interaction between father and son doesn't get you, you're not human.  

But the scene when "Doc" gives up his dream to save the little girl--and the rest of the ballplayers recognize/applaud the enormity of his effort--transforms me into a blubbering mess.  It's just something about Doc's sacrifice and fulfilling his destiny.

as a kid I remember balling at the Champ and a movie called Savanna Smiles.. 

As an adult I tear up at a bunch of movies but the finale of Lost was probably the most of anything I've watched in years. 

A few year's back, I'd often take my son to the movies.  Two flicks which saw me sitting there with tears streaming down my face were The Bridge to Terebithia (when Anna Sofia Robb's character is met with tragedy) and when Nanny McFee (yes, Nanny McFee) leaves the children.  What a puss.

A great, upbeat, bonus in the flick is an adorable Zooey Deschanel--in the role of teacher--performing Steve Earle's classic tune, "Someday".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBKinJeznCY

As a point of reference, here's Earle's original.

Watching Toy Story 3 didn't make me cry but it was heart-wrenching for me. Toy Story 1 was the movie my first born daughter watched over and over as a baby. That and Monsters Inc.

Watching the third movie with her so much older and with the entire premise of the film being about cycle of life and the kid turning into a man thing....I ******* HATED watching that movie. I just wanted out the entire time.

Also, I'm sick of every Disney movie....and oh btw, every commercial trying to pull at my sentimental heart strings.

mickey dies in rocky 3

Does he? I guess this is what happens when the only way you ever watch those movies anymore is when one of Ted Turner's stations runs a marathon, it all runs together. Either way, it gets me every time I watch it. I cry when Rocky wins in the original too, tbh.

A few year's back, I'd often take my son to the movies.  Two flicks which saw me sitting there with tears streaming down my face were The Bridge to Terebithia (when Anna Sofia Robb's character is met with tragedy) and when Nanny McFee (yes, Nanny McFee) leaves the children.  What a puss.

A great, upbeat, bonus in the flick is an adorable Zooey Deschanel--in the role of teacher--performing Steve Earle's classic tune, "Someday".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBKinJeznCY

anyone who had HBO in 1979 may remember this movie.  the ending doesn't make me cry, but the song you posted made me think of it.  great flick.  zooey used to be my secret crush after elf, now she's a supah stah

I cried for the poor catering staff and craft services supervisor.

You are all fags.

Is that wrong?  Just asking for a friend.

anyone who had HBO in 1979 may remember this movie.  the ending doesn't make me cry, but the song you posted made me think of it.  great flick.  zooey used to be my secret crush after elf, now she's a supah stah

What's up, Viking ideal?  Great, obscure, reference on the flick. 

I sit and watch New Girl with an alternating crush on Zooey and Indian goddess Hannah Simone.  

hannahsimoneufcfoxvelas.jpg

Archived