Aaron Hernandez Charged With Murder: MERGED

Blackout

You're assuming they came away with nothing. But evidence doesn't always fit into a box. As far as search dogs it can take several to cover a home that size. Dogs are not machines. They tire quickly and are less effective the longer they work. If the house was scrubbed, that in itself can be evidence or grounds for obstruction if Hernandez knowingly and willfully attempted to destroy evidence or conceal a crime. Paired with witness testimony, cell phone records, inconsistencies in story and interview, plus myriad other pieces of information that would not be made public prior to an indictment, there can be plenty already known about hernandezs involvement. Often an arrest warrant is best left unserved while evidence is gathered as there are far more restrictions to investigation once a person is in custody. With three suspects, it is generally best to let them sweat and contemplate their futures. Eventually, even a thug is going to go into self preservation mode. And that's when the rest of the evidence comes to bear. Cops are not as stupid as Hollywood would have us believe.

Whoa whoa whoa. I never meant to suggest that cops were stupid. Thanks for the insight. I was waiting to see what you thought. Personally, I'm just curious to see if/how the destroy-the-evidence method works out for Hernandez. As you know, I'm all for the Judge Dredd style of justice, wherein justice is served on the spot based on bring pretty sure the perp did it.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eleven pages, boy do we want him to get arrested.

Of course we do.  This would be devastating for the Patsies.  Even with Amendola as their only established WR, I figured Brady would still throw 35 TD's if he had Gronk and Hernandez as options to go with their young RB's.  Now, there's a legit possibility that he'll be without both of those guys, and Amendola has had some serious injury issues.  I still expect the Pats to win the division because they just find a way to every year.  If Brady wins another 12 games and throws 30+ TD's this season without those guys, he's the GOAT.

Whoa whoa whoa. I never meant to suggest that cops were stupid. Thanks for the insight. I was waiting to see what you thought. Personally, I'm just curious to see if/how the destroy-the-evidence method works out for Hernandez. As you know, I'm all for the Judge Dredd style of justice, wherein justice is served on the spot based on bring pretty sure the perp did it.

You said cops are all stupid and make too much money for eating donuts and beating innocent people while shaking down drug dealers and hiding behind union lawyers while they drain the public of taxes in order to feed their retirement funds. That's what you said. Clearly I'm paraphrasing. It's a good thing I'm not hypersensitive. A good thing indeed, Mr. Shane.

You said cops are all stupid and make too much money for eating donuts and beating innocent people while shaking down drug dealers and hiding behind union lawyers while they drain the public of taxes in order to feed their retirement funds. That's what you said. Clearly I'm paraphrasing. It's a good thing I'm not hypersensitive. A good thing indeed, Mr. Shane.

I IMPLIED it. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Search yields apparent “evidence bags” from Hernandez’s home

Posted by Mike Florio on June 23, 2013, 7:49 AM EDT

Hernandez Police FootballAP

When police showed up at the home of Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez on Saturday, one possibility became that the authorities were executing the reported “paper” warrant for his arrest on obstruction of justice charges.  It quickly became obvious that there were too many cops for something that simple.

As explained by the Boston Herald, the authorities engaged in a multi-hour search of the Hernandez property, scouring the house, cars, and even a “playhouse” (which some reporters described as a doghouse) on the lawn.

The search included multiple K-9 units and a locksmith.  Per the Herald, police left with what appeared to be multiple evidence bags.  FOX 25 in Boston described them as large brown bags, pegging the amount at “several.”

More than a dozen state police officers were on the Hernandez property for roughly four total hours.

The search arises from the murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd.  Video evidence reportedly shows Lloyd and Hernandez together last Sunday night/Monday morning.  On Monday afternoon, Lloyd’s body was found in an industrial park close to the Hernandez home.

Police reportedly believe Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and his surveillance system, which has led to reports he’ll be charged at a minimum with obstructing justice in a murder probe.

The NFL and the Patriots have remained quiet on the matter.  Hernandez went to the team facility on Thursday, but he was asked to leave, reportedly due to concerns that his presence would spark a “media stakeout” at Patriots headquarters.

how is murderer boy still free today?  smh

It's very similar to the Ray Ray Lewis situation.  They know he did it.  They just can't tie him directly to the murder.

If they don't find any of this guys blood in his house, which it doesn't seem they did, or will. If they don't get one of his friends to roll on him, which I doubt they will, they have nothing.

Looks like at some point a  year from now they will reach a plea bargain.  he'll get a slap on the wrist for obstruction of justice, just like Ray Ray.

He, or his pals, won't say a word to the cops.  Why would they?

They reportedly have evidence which ties Hernandez to the scene.

I don't know what the evidence is, but if it does I'm sure that counts for something.

if they can place him at the scene, whole new ballgame.  First they have to prove where the murder took place  If they could I would think they would have charged him already.

Don't forget the SUV that was found at the scene, was rented by Hernandez.  The victim seems to have been using it for several days for some reason.  They were friends, and together the night of the murder.  His DNA in the SUV probably isn't going to help much. 

Hernandez has a lot of money, great attorneys.  They can't bully him the way they do average people. 

I feel very strongly that this guy was murdered in Hernandez's house, either by him or one of his friends.  The more time that passes  the less chance they have for a slam dunk case

Unless I'm mistaken, I was under the impression that they found evidence of Hernandez being at the scene the body was found, not where the victim was murdered.

Like I said, I don't even know what that evidence is. 

Hernandez did rent the car for Odin's use for several days, (drug pickup maybe?), so that would explain any evidence of Hernandez in the vehicle.  On the other hand, Odin was already dead when the van was used to dump his body, so maybe it comes down to who had the keys.    Guess we'll see.

PS:  Do the police know yet the scene where Odin was actually murdered?

Unless I'm mistaken, I was under the impression that they found evidence of Hernandez being at the scene the body was found, not where the victim was murdered.

Like I said, I don't even know what that evidence is. 

Hernandez did rent the car for Odin's use for several days, (drug pickup maybe?), so that would explain any evidence of Hernandez in the vehicle.  On the other hand, Odin was already dead when the van was used to dump his body, so maybe it comes down to who had the keys.    Guess we'll see.

PS:  Do the police know yet the scene where Odin was actually murdered?

Can't say it doesn't exist, but I haven't read anything about any evidence placing Hernandez at the industrial park where the body was found.

As far as do the police know where he was murdered?  The cops like everyone else are assuming he was murdered in Hernandez's house.   The fact that he destroyed his video equipment, and had the place scrubbed top to bottom the next day would indicate that.

Did any of the cleaning crew see any sign of blood?  Perhaps.   The cops, and dogs spent a lot of time in the play house behind his residence, so maybe they have something there, and are waiting for lab tests. 

Don't know, but they are going to need something solid, and probably fairly soon

Can't say it doesn't exist, but I haven't read anything about any evidence placing Hernandez at the industrial park where the body was found.

Wasn't official reports of evidence, but two posts mention it.

#67 the poster reports on a set of tweets from somebody.  Says van places Hernandez at crime scene, (presumably where body was).  Also mentions forensic evidence from tweets.

#84  Boston.com lists anonymous source about Hernandez being placed at crime scene.

About where Odin Lloyd was murdered, yes they are looking at the house.  But I seem to remember a report about woods behind the house.  Not sure of that.

my money is on one of his hometown thug buddies did the deed and he helped dump the body or looked the other way. both felonies. but innocent until proven guilty.

sidenote: over/under on tebow TDs now? I say 5.5.

"pigs?" Cant wait till you need one of those "pigs" assistance - make sure you call them that while their helping you. I hear they like that ...

they sit there writing speeding tickets all day

and meanwhile Hernandez killed this guy 6 days ago and he's still a free man living in his mansion

and meanwhile Hernandez killed this guy 6 days ago and he's still a free man living in his mansion

Detectives write speeding tickets all day?

I was going to delete a couple of these posts, but I think it's best they are left here for all to see.

So as long as there are any murders in America cops are pigs?

They can't stop all crime before it happens, they can only deter as much as they can by putting the perps in jail.

So as long as there are any murders in America cops are pigs?

They can't stop all crime before it happens, they can only deter as much as they can by putting the perps in jail.

Not all cops are pigs.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for our resident cop, GOB.  and that one cop who let me go for speeding when I was 19.

Not all cops are pigs.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for our resident cop, GOB.  and that one cop who let me go for speeding when I was 19.

I've been shot at, nearly stabbed, assaulted over a dozen times and exposed to hep c and HIV (twice). I've put away drug dealers, chop shop owners, car thieves, wife beaters, white collar fraud perpetrators, a rapist, two attempted murderers and one murderer who actually fired on me and my colleagues and left the scene in a bag as a consequence. I've also written traffic tickets. Generalizations are rarely accurate.

Do you ever get a little frustrated in your job, maybe being a little bit of an ahole after getting the same dumb question for the 50th time that day? Now imagine if most of your customers were scumbags, trying to steal from you or hurt you whenever they had a chance--for those of us who have snapped at a client/customer before over a stupid question (me included) you need to realize that cops are people too and it is unreasonable to expect that they can always be patient in the face of all the bs they have to deal with. Quite frankly i am amazed by the very low reported incidents of "cops behaving badly," there are as many youtube videos of McDonald's workers being jerks and they are slinging fries in a stress-free environment.

I'd rather be on the good side than the bad side with law enforcement (PBA Card FTW)

However, there are bad dudes(like real bad) that become cops for he wrong reasons. As with that union shield...it's virtually impossible to be taken to task. Cover ups etc...it's a fraternity.

I'm polite and respectful as everyone should be...but ill call bullsh*t when I see it.

I'd rather be on the good side than the bad side with law enforcement (PBA Card FTW)

However, there are bad dudes(like real bad) that become cops for he wrong reasons. As with that union shield...it's virtually impossible to be taken to task. Cover ups etc...it's a fraternity.

I'm polite and respectful as everyone should be...but ill call bullsh*t when I see it.

That's absolutely true. Nothing a decent cop hates more than a jerkoff with no capacity to handle the job making headlines for all the wrong reasons. As for the union shield that's outdated. At least in jersey where lawyers per capita are rediculously high. Cops get suspended ad fired and even criminally charged quite often. Of the fifty cops I graduated the academy with, nearly a dozen are off the job. And that dozen were clearly knuckleheads back in the academy.

Archived