Jets things I am happy about...

Maxman

John Idzik has done a good job setting a new tone in the organization.  The media hates it and that is the exact reason I like it.  Everyone calls Rex "Mangini Like".  That is a step in the right direction.  Rex needed to be a little more calculated when he faces the world.  What he says to the team behind closed doors doesn't have to change (and won't).  But giving less info out about injuries, the depth chart etc, these are all good things.

I am also glad that Rex is calling the plays of defense.  There are some issues right now, Coples has to get well soon, that 2nd CB spot needs somebody to step up unless Milliner matures in a hurry.  But this defense is going to be alright.

Really like how the offense is shaping up.  Mark Sanchez had a good camp and although he made huge mistakes in the preseason, those are practice games.  Expect Mark to start week one and you will see a new and improved Jets offense on the field.  Especially now that Holmes is back.  Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Gates and Spadola -- that isn't the best receiving core in the NFL but it will no longer be the worst.  A step in the right direction.

Also liking this offense line.  Who knows what will happen with VLad but it is nice to see that he stepped up and if he doesn't work out as the starter Brian Winters will step in.  Wille Colon is going to be a nice addition as well. 

I thought they were going to have a 1 =2 punch with Ivory and Powell.  Now I realize this is a 1a \ 1b thing, Powell is going to be a huge part of this offense.

I am really feeling good about this team.  They are taking the steps necessary to clean up the locker room as well.  Really encouraging stuff. 

Strange reading something actually positive about the Jets here haha. I actually do think the Jets will be alot better than people think they will be. I differ on the opinion of QB though. I really hope Geno gets start week one and can show improvement each game. He doesn't need to go in there and take games over, just use the open receiver and move down the field little by little, but most importantly don't turn it over. Hopefully he learned from last game. I am just done with Sanchez, it's been 4 yrs as a starter and still same stupid mistakes. We know what he is and always will be. Time to see if Geno can show the ability to improve and learn the game as the season goes on. Hopefully if he plays mistake free football for the most part, and the D does what I think they will do, we will be in alot of games this yr and who knows how the record will turn out.

Mark has had good camps before that never were followed by good seasons.  I actually expect him to decline even further.  I like the D line too.  The HC keeps making stupid in game decisions, so there is not much to look forward to there.  Rex will be his usual Clock Management nightmare, and he will go for it too often on fourth down.  I have not given up on Milliner after one game (hint hint!) and Rex is usually solid in his secondary.  I think Harris best years are far behind him.  I wish Coples was on the D line, I wish Pace was not here, and I am thankful that Eric Smith has not found his way back into this camp.  See?  Lots of positives, Max!

I'm still not optimistic until I see more from him, but it would be great if Vlad actually turned into a good guard.  Winning the job over a rookie who was banged up a bit, and a lousy slob from Detroit, doesn't necessarily mean he'll be any good.  If he is good, at long last, he still won't break the bank even though he becomes a FA next year.  Plus ideally Winters is able to step in when Colon gets injured and shows that he can man the other guard position.  Then all that's left is reassessing Austin Howard over the course of the season.  Finding a RT, with gobs of cap room and gobs of draft picks, shouldn't be too difficult in the event Howard takes a major step back from only being meh to begin with.

Jets OL could be very good or better for several years if things play out like this.  Even if they don't, and Vlad stinks again, there's still the chance Campbell makes some strides at guard himself over the course of the year and is a viable option to start in 2014.

Mark SUCKED in the preseason....yet everyone wants to dismiss all the mistakes he made. Reality is that despite some very rookie mistakes Geno has outplayed Mark both in camp and in the preseason games. I guess people are OK with a QB with no composure, that continuously makes ridiculous turnovers, has no touch no accuracy and cannot throw a screen

Mark SUCKED in the preseason....yet everyone wants to dismiss all the mistakes he made. Reality is that despite some very rookie mistakes Geno has outplayed Mark both in camp and in the preseason games. I guess people are OK with a QB with no composure, that continuously makes ridiculous turnovers, has no touch no accuracy and cannot throw a screen

don't let a little thing like stats get in the way of your opinion.

:shutit:

How many practices did you see live?  How can you say this for sure?

Geno hasn't outplayed Sanchez. That's just not true. Sanchez starting Week 1 isn't ideal, but if you saw Geno on Saturday night and said to yourself he's the guy, you are out of your mind. He may be the guy at some point but it shouldn't be Week 1. . 

With the massive changes to the Jets over the off-season, there's no telling what product we will get on the field.

In my fantasy, the Jets start off poorly but start to gel over the course of the season, ending on a high note and the playoffs.

I don't care who is at QB as long as they improve.  I'd rather not see Geno start the season. Keep him on the bench for as long as practical.

I am not fazed by all the negative predictions. 30 years of following this team will harden you.  The Jets play better as underdogs anyway.

Defense - Wilkerson, and Richardson are beasts. If the Jets can get Coples back soon and keep snacks playing that well then this is going to be a GREAT defense.

Offense - no comment

Return game - no comment

Kicking game - no comment

Archived