Holmes the team player?

faba

DECEMBER 18, 2013 3:47 PM
Santonio Holmes says he would take another pay cut to remain with Jets

BY SETH WALDER

Santonio Holmes wants to be a Jet so badly next year that he’s willing to take a pay cut -- again. Holmes, who reduced his salary to $7.5 million before the 2013 season, said he’d reduce his salary for a second consecutive offseason if the team approached him.

“Anything for the team,” Holmes said. “Anything for the team.”

Would it matter how much of a pay cut the team asked for?

“Probably not,” said Holmes. “I mean with the production comes big pay so do your job.”

Holmes’ 2013 season has been disappointing. He recovered from last season’s Lisfranc injury in time to start the year, but hasn’t lived up to expectations since then. In nine games this year, Holmes has caught 18 passes for 395 yards and a touchdown. He missed five complete games with a hamstring injury and essentially missed the December 1 game against Miami with the hamstring as well, when he did not record a catch. 

Holmes believes the injuries shouldn’t be held against him, but understands they could be.

“I mean I wouldn’t agree with it, because you can’t do anything about injuries that occur, first time I’ve been injured in my career, but like I said for the team, sacrifices are to be made,” Holmes said.

This season is almost certainly Holmes’ last with the Jets. He has two yeas left on his current deal, but the team can save $8.25 million in cap space next season if he’s cut, according tooverthecap.com.

When he took the pay cut this year instead of signing someplace else for more I thought it was pretty inspiring. I don't think he should be forced to take another pay cut if healthy, the Yankees didn't try and play hardball with their captain after a really down year. I think he's only making like 8 million next year anyway.

When he took the pay cut this year instead of signing someplace else for more I thought it was pretty inspiring. I don't think he should be forced to take another pay cut if healthy, the Yankees didn't try and play hardball with their captain after a really down year. I think he's only making like 8 million next year anyway.

You are on a roll lately

Wait, are you comparing Jeter to Holmes?

I know we have rules here, but GFY!!!

lol, j/k

DECEMBER 18, 2013 3:47 PM
Santonio Holmes says he would take another pay cut to remain with Jets

BY SETH WALDER

Santonio Holmes wants to be a Jet so badly next year that he’s willing to take a pay cut -- again. Holmes, who reduced his salary to $7.5 million before the 2013 season, said he’d reduce his salary for a second consecutive offseason if the team approached him.

“Anything for the team,” Holmes said. “Anything for the team.”

Would it matter how much of a pay cut the team asked for?

“Probably not,” said Holmes. “I mean with the production comes big pay so do your job.”

Holmes’ 2013 season has been disappointing. He recovered from last season’s Lisfranc injury in time to start the year, but hasn’t lived up to expectations since then. In nine games this year, Holmes has caught 18 passes for 395 yards and a touchdown. He missed five complete games with a hamstring injury and essentially missed the December 1 game against Miami with the hamstring as well, when he did not record a catch. 

Holmes believes the injuries shouldn’t be held against him, but understands they could be.

“I mean I wouldn’t agree with it, because you can’t do anything about injuries that occur, first time I’ve been injured in my career, but like I said for the team, sacrifices are to be made,” Holmes said.

This season is almost certainly Holmes’ last with the Jets. He has two yeas left on his current deal, but the team can save $8.25 million in cap space next season if he’s cut, according tooverthecap.com.

**** him, he knows Rex is the only chump in the NFL that'll put up with his sh*t.

And, another thing, Rex protected Holmes all the way, every time.

So, you are saying Holmes wore Rex's fat ass like an over-sized rubber, while he ****ed the Jets right in the pooper. 

Eloquent, and so truthful, it brings a tear to my eye.

Idzikiot will dump him for a guy currently bagging groceries, save the Woody millions and Gayne will spend all next year talking about the genius of scratching 2 seasons and loading up for a run in 2019

On your tombstone it will read, "Here lies Glen. Friend to nobody. Noodle-dancing lover of big muff. Able to speak binary and give everyone a nickname with 'gay' in it. May he never rest in peace, because he is pure evil."

I see a mid 90's type swoon for this NY Jets team, the only upside to firing Rex, and cutting any useful talent will be we might finally go 1-15 to 3-13 for 3 consecutive years, and maybe just maybe we don't swing, and miss on a franchise QB along the way, and unfortunatley this won't happen until the 2015 season, there will be enough hold overs on the team to get the Jets out of the Winston, and Mariota  sweepstakes, but I can't see this team winning more than 4 games from 2015 on with the Owner, Management, and the probable sh*tty cheap ass HC replacement that will be willing to actually come here, we will be turning into the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the stadium will be so empty I can see Woody moving the team to LA after the Mara's and Tisch's buy him out of the stadium rights for pennies on the dollar.

On your tombstone it will read, "Here lies Glen. Friend to nobody. Noodle-dancing lover of big muff. Able to speak binary and give everyone a nickname with 'gay' in it. May he never rest in peace, because he is pure evil."

you forgot regularly pwned the gaype

Archived