Peyton breaks Brady's TD pass record and no one notices

Matt39

Woody and I quote " Mark is a better option than Manning"

Funny thing is on our team he may have been right lol

Manning might be out of football right now if he had to throw to Reuland and Gates last year with no back who could actually catch the football and really bad pass protection. The Jets didnt have the money available to pay Manning and bring in receivers like Welker, Thomas,Thomas and Decker. Manning would have been lucky to throw 20 + TD's and even luckier to survive.

That being said Woody is still an Idiot

I think its actually going to be tough to top Manning's mark after he throws a few more in Week 17.  A special set of circumstances had to be in play for both Brady and Manning:

1.  Brady had Randy Moss in his last transcendent year in the pros.  True, Stafford has Calvin Johnson, but Stafford is far from being an upper echelon QB.

2.  Both QB's will have played in Week 17.  Brady was going for perfection and Manning will be playing for homefield.  For the most part, if a guy is in the running for the record, he's probably played well enough to get his team locked into the # 1 seed in Week 16 and should sit Week 17.

3.  Eventually the league is going to have to trend downwards from its heavy passing attack.  As player safety becomes a bigger concern, the league will come to realize that a QB chucking it 50 times a game increases the likelihood of the QB getting killed OR a receiver getting decapitated. 

3. Eventually the league is going to have to trend downwards from its heavy passing attack. As player safety becomes a bigger concern, the league will come to realize that a QB chucking it 50 times a game increases the likelihood of the QB getting killed OR a receiver getting decapitated.

This makes no sense.

I've been trying to tell you guys..  80 went full tard' sometime in early-mid December.  What should worry you is that lately he's parroting your talking points.

i-twenty-ape is also on that side, being on the opposite side of huggy bear and gaype = almost certainly the winning side

It's hard to take these records all that seriously when they're being broken every year.  The rules changes favor the passing game and so the numbers are inflated.  That's not to take anything away from Brady/Brees/Peyton, who are all outstanding QBs.  I hate the Dolphins but I still think Marino had the most impressive single season for a QB.

It's hard to take these records all that seriously when they're being broken every year.  The rules changes favor the passing game and so the numbers are inflated.  That's not to take anything away from Brady/Brees/Peyton, who are all outstanding QBs.  I hate the Dolphins but I still think Marino had the most impressive single season for a QB.

But yet, we want to keep a coach who has no intention off ever taking advantage of the so called rule changes that favor, a more up tempo, high octane, passing attack. He wants to plod along, make it a defensive struggle, keep it close, get to the 4th quarter and win 10-6.

Great, the rules favor passing in the modern NFL era, and our coach wants to play games like its the 1960's. Woo Hoo.

But yet, we want to keep a coach who has no intention off ever taking advantage of the so called rule changes that favor, a more up tempo, high octane, passing attack. He wants to plod along, make it a defensive struggle, keep it close, get to the 4th quarter and win 10-6.

Great, the rules favor passing in the modern NFL era, and our coach wants to play games like its the 1960's. Woo Hoo.

I get your point.  Rex definitely talked "ground and pound" for the 1st 2 years but I think that was due to having a young QB along w/ a good OL and good RBs.  In year 3, Rex tried letting Sanchez open it up but it was a disastrous move. 

I get your point.  Rex definitely talked "ground and pound" for the 1st 2 years but I think that was due to having a young QB along w/ a good OL and good RBs.  In year 3, Rex tried letting Sanchez open it up but it was a disastrous move. 

I agree, trying to get anything out of SANCHEZ was as you stated, a disaster, but yet he threw him out their again in year 4 after extending the bum.

Look, I dont know if I want Chip Kelley, break neck speed, run a play every 12 seconds, but I would like someone willing to sling it around a little bit, and not have to worry about getting down in a game, with no chance of a comeback. You know, something modern day NFL coaches are using rather than offenses for guys in the hall of Fame that wore leather helmets.

I agree, trying to get anything out of SANCHEZ was as you stated, a disaster, but yet he threw him out their again in year 4 after extending the bum.

Look, I dont know if I want Chip Kelley, break neck speed, run a play every 12 seconds, but I would like someone willing to sling it around a little bit, and not have to worry about getting down in a game, with no chance of a comeback. You know, something modern day NFL coaches are using rather than offenses for guys in the hall of Fame that wore leather helmets.

For what it's worth though, Rex did get us to 2 AFC title games using the ground and pound formula.  Obviously the ultimate goal is to win the Superbowl but I think it's at least "proof of concept" that a team can be successful w/ that formula.  I guess his model is the Ravens.

For what it's worth though, Rex did get us to 2 AFC title games using the ground and pound formula.  Obviously the ultimate goal is to win the Superbowl but I think it's at least "proof of concept" that a team can be successful w/ that formula.  I guess his model is the Ravens.

Or the 67 Packers.

So you're dismissing the 2 AFC championship games he got us to with that formula?

Yup! Again, 1 year was thanks to the "ghost of Curtis Painter", and 1 year where your right, it worked, so if we have to go by basically this formula, ONCE out of every 5 years, a perfect storm will occurr, and we will have a great O-line, and an all-pro back like Thomas Jones. The other FOUR years, we will be mired in mediocrity.

Sorry, not for me.

Yup! Again, 1 year was thanks to the "ghost of Curtis Painter", and 1 year where your right, it worked, so if we have to go by basically this formula, ONCE out of every 5 years, a perfect storm will occurr, and we will have a great O-line, and an all-pro back like Thomas Jones. The other FOUR years, we will be mired in mediocrity.

Sorry, not for me.

I know we were very lucky to have made the playoffs in Rex's 1st year but I still give him credit for winning 2 playoff games (Cincy and SD) and then competing well against Indy.  In his 2nd year in post-season, we beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, both on the road.  I'm not going to dismiss the job Rex did in those 4 road playoff wins (especially considering Sanchez).  Again, I'm not saying he's not a great coach.  It's just that I think too many people on here dismiss his successes.

I know we were very lucky to have made the playoffs in Rex's 1st year but I still give him credit for winning 2 playoff games (Cincy and SD) and then competing well against Indy.  In his 2nd year in post-season, we beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, both on the road.  I'm not going to dismiss the job Rex did in those 4 road playoff wins (especially considering Sanchez).  Again, I'm not saying he's not a great coach.  It's just that I think too many people on here dismiss his successes.

fair enough.

Archived