Deadspin: Dolphins are a dysfunctional mess

Klecko73isGod

Philbin going 8-8 is the best coaching job I have ever seen, For him to go 8-8 with half is offensive line suspended or quitting, and the front office and management in total disarray, and the owner a complete blockhead. WOW, what a job he did. He should get a raise and an extension and all talk of firing him should cease immediately.

Philbin going 8-8 is the best coaching job I have ever seen, For him to go 8-8 with half is offensive line suspended or quitting, and the front office and management in total disarray, and the owner a complete blockhead. WOW, what a job he did. He should get a raise and an extension and all talk of firing him should cease immediately.

Not sure if serious or trolling Rex supporters.

Not sure if serious or trolling Rex supporters.

That was as pathetic a trolling attempt as has ever been witnessed. 

Whenever an organization breaks from this order:  Hire A GM, let the GM hire the coach, let the coach pick their coordinators.......there is potential for problems.  The Dolphins are just as screwed up as we were last year.  They need a GM and an offensive coordinator, same thing.

Whenever an organization breaks from this order:  Hire A GM, let the GM hire the coach, let the coach pick their coordinators.......there is potential for problems.  The Dolphins are just as screwed up as we were last year.  They need a GM and an offensive coordinator, same thing.

Not really. The Jets didn't have a team VP of Operations who used the head coach as a pawn to eliminate the GM and then tried to limit the power of the new GM. The Dolphins are in much worse shape. Aponte's position doesn't exist in the Jets organization. As long as she had Ross' ear, she will have control. Not that Ireland did a good job but Aponte is literally an accountant with no football background to speak of. 

Yeah but they spent eleventy billion dollars in free agency last year and we needed NFL.com to look up who was playing receiver for us from week to week.   

Mike Wallace was a huge mistake, everyone knew it was a mistake at the time, and everyone still knows it was a mistake.  Ladies and gentlemen, the Miami Dolphins.

Mike Wallace was a huge mistake, everyone knew it was a mistake at the time, and everyone still knows it was a mistake. Ladies and gentlemen, the Miami Dolphins.

Ill take Wallace on the jets he's fantastic!! Better than anyone we have or can get !!

Not really. The Jets didn't have a team VP of Operations who used the head coach as a pawn to eliminate the GM and then tried to limit the power of the new GM. The Dolphins are in much worse shape. Aponte's position doesn't exist in the Jets organization. As long as she had Ross' ear, she will have control. Not that Ireland did a good job but Aponte is literally an accountant with no football background to speak of. 

No, but we have an owner who fills that role. :)

I want this nommed for POTW thanks.

Miami can not even come close to fill out a stadium with playoffs on the line- I guess their fans do not have the same level of achievement as Tom Shane thinks they do

I was shocked by that.  I thought it was a late arriving crowd, like around here, but midway through the first, place was 70% full

weird

I was shocked by that.  I thought it was a late arriving crowd, like around here, but midway through the first, place was 70% full

weird

It's not weird, it's south Florida sports.  maybe even the entire state besides college football.    Marlins have an excuse because that owner got a stadium built and sold off all their good players.    But the Hockey team built a new arena away from anything and it's mostly empty.  Go west and Tampa has winning teams and can never get people to go.   And it's only been recently that the Miami Heat have fans.     

Places like Miami, San diego, even San Fran for that matter,  have a lot of people who are from someplace else and in south florida, there are a lot of people who would rather watch soccer than football or old jets or giants fans who retired down there.    

And it doesn't help they've sucked for years so younger non fans probably never cared to root for them.   But in many places that are transient in a sense and the weather is pretty much nice year round have far more people who don't care to spend a sunday at a ballpark.  San diego is like this, Miami is like this and so on.   Yeah when the team wins, people are excited.   Look at the Chargers.  Half the fans now weren't around all season long.

Archived