Video of Ray Rice dragging unconscious gf out of AC elevator

nj meadowlands

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole thing is a cluster ****. Regardless, a quick shift like this on a issue like DV was bound to be messy anyways. In the end, within a half a year, the league has established that guys who beat their spouses can go do something else for a living. Certainly not the ideal process, but the end result is progress.

I agree, but the way they got there leaves a lot to be desired. 

Spell it: Ridiculous.

As in, "I think it's ridiculous that you are trying to chastise people for being "outraged" by domestic violence, but you don't for one second question the level of "outrage" we see here over dropped passes, wildcat plays and superbowl predictions."

Domestic Violence that in no way, shape or form effects you or anyone you know.

Domestic Violence that you have a limited understanding of the events that transpired.

Domestic Violence that the victim herself choose not to cut ties with her victimizer.

Domestic Violence that the Criminal System did not see as rising to prosecution beyond the "slap on the wrist".

Had Rice hit a smaller weaker man in a bar the exact same way after being prodded, none of you would be here right now.

/shrug, enjoy the lynching.

Domestic Violence that you have a limited understanding of the events that transpired.

Domestic Violence that the victim herself choose not to cut ties with her victimizer.

Domestic Violence that the Criminal System did not see as rising to prosecution beyond the "slap on the wrist".

Had Rice hit a smaller weaker man in a bar the exact same way after being prodded, none of you would be here right now.

:face:

Lynching?

Wife beaters are a protected class now?

I don't believe anyone here is acting like it effects them. Myself included. I necro'ed this thread because when the first video was released people, particularly Sperm, were analyzing it to the degree of "oh, she's not really knocked out, so no biggie". The old conversation was ridiculous, and with the new video I was just putting an exclamation point on how ridiculous that old conversation was. He punched her in the face. End of story, the amount of excuse-making after the original video was disgusting.

I don't need to know the 'events that transpired' to know there was no reason for him to punch her in the face. His life was not in danger. It's his fiancee. 

Most victims of domestic abuse are afraid to 'cut ties'. It's not about 'choosing', as much as it's about fear and dependency. It's far more complicated than you are trying to make it sound to prop up your point of view here.

Just because the criminal system didn't prosecute, doesn't mean people have to find it acceptable behavior. Again, this is a short-sighted rationale. People can passionately protest domestic violence because the offender managed to get out of it? Give me a ******* break.

But Rice didn't hit a smaller weaker man, he hit a woman. Either way, you are still wrong. We'd still be talking about it.

Wow this dope gets married to save his job, loses job anyway and now is stuck with the punching bag.

Hope he was smart enough to save his money 'cause he will need every dollar since no one will ever want to have anything to do with him ever again.....

....until next year.     *sigh*

this is a lot like the Donald Sterling situation with the Clippers.   the fact that he was caught on tape makes it an impossible situation for him to keep playing.  

That's all it is. Goodell I'm sure knew, but the victim likely said in private that she'd be hurt more long term if Rice was suspended more severely. Financially, she would be correct, plus whatever other reason(s) Goodell had for strictly adhering to his slap on the wrist due to it being a first offense (CBA and all).

But once the video was out, all that goes out the window. The NFLPA isn't going to dirty itself sticking up for Rice. They have a lot more to lose than failing to stick up for one of its members. They want a new CBA and don't need public opinion to think any less of them because they were pushing for Ray Rice to continue to make millions.

But as you point out, getting caught on tape makes it an impossible situation. 

How so? He's had no income since the incident. 

All I know about divorce is Eddie Murphy's bit about taking HALF from Raw or Delirious. 

So, are you saying all she'd be able to go after are his earnings since the wedding? Or since the face punch? Or would it be their entire time together? Or is any of that even relevant?

I don't believe anyone here is acting like it effects them. Myself included. I necro'ed this thread because when the first video was released people, particularly Sperm, were analyzing it to the degree of "oh, she's not really knocked out, so no biggie". The old conversation was ridiculous, and with the new video I was just putting an exclamation point on how ridiculous that old conversation was. He punched her in the face. End of story, the amount of excuse-making after the original video was disgusting.

I don't need to know the 'events that transpired' to know there was no reason for him to punch her in the face. His life was not in danger. It's his fiancee. 

Most victims of domestic abuse are afraid to 'cut ties'. It's not about 'choosing', as much as it's about fear and dependency. It's far more complicated than you are trying to make it sound to prop up your point of view here.

Just because the criminal system didn't prosecute, doesn't mean people have to find it acceptable behavior. Again, this is a short-sighted rationale. People can passionately protest domestic violence because the offender managed to get out of it? Give me a ******* break.

But Rice didn't hit a smaller weaker man, he hit a woman. Either way, you are still wrong. We'd still be talking about it.

We live in a society that belives in equallity and gender non-descrimination.

It's irrelevant IMO that he hit a woman rather than a man, men and women are equal, and unjustly hitting one is no more or less bad than hitting the other.

The difference here is that the person Rice hit choose to stay, chose to remain with him, support him, not leave him, not  press charges.  IMO that changes the entire picture here.

if Rice is ejected fromt he NFL for good, as it appears he might, then every single player arrested and convicted of assault should ALSO be ejected from the legaue, or the league is effectively engaging in gender descrimination.  treating an issue involving a woman far FAR stronger than a one involving a man. 

****s sake, we've had drunk drivers KILL people, and they were not permanently ejected or even cut from their teams.  This same team had a LB actively help murder someone then actively cover it up, and he's in the ******* HOF.  But that way just a guy, so no worries, right?  we have a QB on our team who engaged in the wholesale torture and slaughter of hundreds of non-consenting animals for fun and criminal profit.....and he is applauded by this same forum.  be assured, the victims of the drunk driver, and those Dogs, most certainly did not have a choice to leave their killers.

Lets be clear, the reaction is pure outdated old school masculine mysogyny.  Women are weak and small and need protected by men on the internet so big bad men wom't beat them.  Had he hit a man, no worries, thats just a guy right?

Either we believe in equallity or we don't.  We cannot and should not pick and choose when it's convenient.

And we certainly have no right to choose FOR his now-wife, the victim here, in any form.  Had she left, pressed charges, great, then we'd have something to persue.

She didn't, which means she is NOT A VICTIM AT ALL, period.  She is a willing participant who chose to stay, and all the whining excuse making "syndrome" bullsh*t won;t change that fact.

The fact that nothing changed today except for emotion makes it even worse.  Seeing it makes it worse, the least logical argument ever, literally.

Do I like Rice?  No.  Do I support Rice, **** no.  But the career-ending e-lynching going on is pretty damn bad too, and shows just how far we have still to go to actually believe in any form of gender equallity.

Oh, so you condone this type of thing?

Sick, man. Just sick.

Have to say I'm a little surprised with you. And disappointed.

Huh?  Are you for realz?  Cant tell.

It was just a statement about the recently released video footage not making the situation worse...at least not in my eyes.  Ray Rice is still a scumbag piece of sh*t and if that was my sister he hit, he wouldnt have a career in Football anymore and it wouldnt have anything to do with the Ravens or NFL's decision.

If you've been paying attention to any of my NFL/Goodell rants lately, I've been furious with this punishment in comparison to the other sh*t he hands out for lesser crimes. 

It was just a statement about the recently released video footage not making the situation worse...at least not in my eyes.  Ray Rice is still a scumbag piece of sh*t and if that was my sister he hit, he wouldnt have a career in Football anymore and it wouldnt have anything to do with the Ravens or NFL's decision.

If you've been paying attention to any of my NFL/Goodell rants lately, I've been furious with this punishment in comparison to the other sh*t he hands out for lesser crimes. 

Crusher knows you are a very good man.

All I know about divorce is Eddie Murphy's bit about taking HALF from Raw or Delirious. 

So, are you saying all she'd be able to go after are his earnings since the wedding? Or since the face punch? Or would it be their entire time together? Or is any of that even relevant?

Since the "wedding," best as I understand.

:rl:

We live in a society that belives in equallity and gender non-descrimination.

It's irrelevant IMO that he hit a woman rather than a man, men and women are equal, and unjustly hitting one is no more or less bad than hitting the other.

The difference here is that the person Rice hit choose to stay, chose to remain with him, support him, not leave him, not  press charges.  IMO that changes the entire picture here.

if Rice is ejected fromt he NFL for good, as it appears he might, then every single player arrested and convicted of assault should ALSO be ejected from the legaue, or the league is effectively engaging in gender descrimination.  treating an issue involving a woman far FAR stronger than a one involving a man. 

****s sake, we've had drunk drivers KILL people, and they were not permanently ejected or even cut from their teams.  This same team had a LB actively help murder someone then actively cover it up, and he's in the ******* HOF.  But that way just a guy, so no worries, right?

Lets be clear, the reaction is pure outdated old school masculine mysogyny.  Women are weak and small and need protected by men on the internet so big bad men wom't beat them.  Had he hit a man, no worries, thats just a guy right?

Either we believe in equallity or we don't.  We cannot and should not pick and choose when it's convenient.

And we certainly have no right to choose FOR his now-wife, the victim here, in any form.  Had she left, pressed charges, great, then we'd have something to persue.

She didn't, which means she is NOT A VICTIM AT ALL, period.  She is a willing participant who chose to stay, and all the whining excuse making "syndrome" bullsh*t won;t change that fact.

The fact that nothing changed today except for emotion makes it even worse.  Seeing it makes it worse, the least logical argument ever, literally.

Do I like Rice?  No.  Do I support Rice, **** no.  But the career-ending e-lynching going on is pretty damn bad too, and shows just how far we have still to go to actually believe in any form of gender equallity.

Pressing charges or not pressing charges doesn't determine whether or not she's a victim. Knuckles to the mouth does. Domestic violence victims can be like drug addicts. They do, at times, need help breaking away. Intervention. Fear and dependency own them.

Speaking on my own behalf, I'm not more or less bothered by this than I was when the story first broke. Most of the other people in this thread right now are JI transplants that were part of the original conversation, and most don't seem to be all that "outraged". So, to me... You seem to be hell-bent on using this situation to establish some sort of moral high ground, suggesting a lot about the reactions taking place here, despite the reactions not really being what you say.

Vin made a comment, that came across as victim-blaming, which got people uppity for good reason. Other than that I don't see any marked boost in outrage just because you can "see it" as you suggest. Again, you are repeating the bit about "what if it were a man". It wasn't a man. Straw man.

I sure hope you are trolling at this point. 

Pressing charges or not pressing charges doesn't determine whether or not she's a victim. Knuckles to the mouth does. Domestic violence victims can be like drug addicts. They do, at times, need help breaking away. Intervention. Fear and dependency own them.

Speaking on my own behalf, I'm not more or less bothered by this than I was when the story first broke. Most of the other people in this thread right now are JI transplants that were part of the original conversation, and most don't seem to be all that "outraged". So, to me... You seem to be hell-bent on using this situation to establish some sort of moral high ground, suggesting a lot about the reactions taking place here, despite the reactions not really being what you say.

Vin made a comment, that came across as victim-blaming, which got people uppity for good reason. Other than that I don't see any marked boost in outrage just because you can "see it" as you suggest. Again, you are repeating the bit about "what if it were a man". It wasn't a man. Straw man.

I sure hope you are trolling at this point. 

If I was outraged at anything it was at the NFL for lying. 

I guess it's possible the Ravens were covering for Rice and the NFL only investigated what the Ravens were telling them. I have no idea how it got this messy...but TMZ knew what they were doing it seems. It does seem like the NFL was a bit blindsided by this tbh.

By WaffleFish's logic... If you were to be out and about, and notice a guy slapping around his wife, or son/daughter, or maybe someone being attacked... the right thing to do would be to make sure they are both men, or both women, before helping... and if not, then simply explain to them that there's nothing you can do to help because you believe in gender equality.

LMFAO

Archived