NFL to become even bigger pussies, ban crossbar dunks

Bleedin Green

You know the next step in these cross bar dunks was the gorilla dunk where some reject atttempts to hang on the cross bar and pull his legs up.  These cross bars are not made with steel girders, it just makes sense to stop this now and avoid a 2 hour delay while we reset a new set of cross bars.

Pretty shoddy manufacturing standards if the damn goalposts get knocked out of line just by a guy dunking.  Even the basketball hoops you buy from Walmart don't collapse when the kids dunk on it.  The NFL is always pushing this first-class organization bit, they might want to rethink their equipment suppliers.

Pretty shoddy manufacturing standards if the damn goalposts get knocked out of line just by a guy dunking.  Even the basketball hoops you buy from Walmart don't collapse when the kids dunk on it.  The NFL is always pushing this first-class organization bit, they might want to rethink their equipment suppliers.

it should also be noted that a rule passed today to raise the goalposts another 5 feet. Thus making them more top heavy and less stable. 

it should also be noted that a rule passed today to raise the goalposts another 5 feet. Thus making them more top heavy and less stable. 

So it's beyone their capabilities to make the goal posts sturdy enough to withstand a few hundred pounds hanging on the crossbar?

I sincerely hope the company that makes this field equipment doesn't also build skyscrapers.  Who owns that outfit-Goodell's brother-in-law?

So it's beyone their capabilities to make the goal posts sturdy enough to withstand a few hundred pounds hanging on the crossbar? 

lol they could do alot of things .... 

It's not hard to see the fake dunk as a free NBA promotion. Why would the NFL want their audience thinking about basketball? 

I think Cowherd got it right: they're covering their ass from lawsuits. didn't a falling goal post kill a college student a few years back or something like that in a college game? it just has to happen once, and a multi-billion dollar industry like the NFL doesn't want to pay that money to the family of the brain dead fan a goal post nailed falling down post-player celebration.

I think Cowherd got it right: they're covering their ass from lawsuits. didn't a falling goal post kill a college student a few years back or something like that in a college game? it just has to happen once, and a multi-billion dollar industry like the NFL doesn't want to pay that money to the family of the brain dead fan a goal post nailed falling down post-player celebration.

When hundreds of drunk students are hanging from goalposts, that can happen. The kid fell.

Now the NCAA posts are adjustable like back yard basketball hoops. Once the game ends, they're brought down.

who gives a sh*t. you dont see guys do this sh*t in baseball....y know why? because th enext time you get up to bat the pitcher will drill you. how about high high fives, a chest bump or 2. act like you've been there before and you belong there

If only the NFL had a mechanism where you could hit the players on the other team to keep them from showing off...

When hundreds of drunk students are hanging from goalposts, that can happen. The kid fell.

Now the NCAA posts are adjustable like back yard basketball hoops. Once the game ends, they're brought down.

still covering their asses. if the thing is unbalanced, it can fall, and they don't want that lawsuit.

Who doesn't love crossbar dunks.  Especially when the bar wins and the guy falls on his back after getting rejected.

The NFL should be more focused on the criminals that are rampant throughout it's entire league instead of crossbar dunks.

If only the NFL had a mechanism where you could hit the players on the other team to keep them from showing off...

i think there's a big difference between getting tackled while wearing tons of protective gear and getting a 95 mph fastball thrown directly at your face

Who doesn't love crossbar dunks.  Especially when the bar wins and the guy falls on his back after getting rejected.

The NFL should be more focused on the criminals that are rampant throughout it's entire league instead of crossbar dunks.

personally i dont give a sh*t about celebrations either way. if they celebrate idc. if they dont celebrate idc. if they outlawed celebrations i wouldnt give a rats ******* ass even one bit. it doesnt make the score any better for me because the retard who caught the ball decided to celebrate.

Archived