Don't expect Jets to sign DeSean Jackson

Cmartin

Beat writer Rich Cimini reports OC Marty Mornhinweg gave D-Jax his "blessing" during internal free agency meetings, assuring the front office Jackson "wouldn't be a problem in the locker room." Cimini believes that "wasn't enough to sway (GM John) Idzik" into pursuing Jackson. With the Chiefs also dropping out, it appears Jackson's landing spot will come down to Washington or Oakland.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather the Jets sign someone like Miles Austin - I know he is injury prone and is not a number 1 - but he isn't a 'problem child' either. Jets need to learn from their mistakes (Santonio Holmes, who no one is rushing out to sign) and build it through the draft. Jets have got some mega contratcs to address in Wilkerson and Coples so sign a cheapie WR (Austin) and draft Dennard with the 18th pick.

I would rather the Jets sign someone like Miles Austin - I know he is injury prone and is not a number 1 - but he isn't a 'problem child' either. Jets need to learn from their mistakes (Santonio Holmes, who no one is rushing out to sign) and build it through the draft. Jets have got some mega contratcs to address in Wilkerson and Coples so sign a cheapie WR (Austin) and draft Dennard with the 18th pick.

Can you show me any proof that DeSean Jackson was ever in trouble on or off the field?  Im sick and tired of hearing this "me too" crap from all the haters.

I would have thought Austin would be a Jet by now. I think he'd be a great addition. Then go Dennard in the 1st round and a WR in the 2nd.

read the NJ.com article posted in the thread

Since joining the Eagles in 2008, Jackson -- a three-time Pro Bowl player -- has been an active member of the Philadelphia community and has been involved in several charities. He has been particularly active in campaigning against youth bullying.

"DeSean Jackson was not part of the case," Jane Robison, a spokesman for the LA District Attorney's Office, told NJ.com. "He was not a charged defendant. He was not a witness."

we all know he hasn't been arrested.  that's not being debated.  the eagles cut him dude, just cut his ass.  it's one thing to be late for a meeting, it's another thing to miss the whole thing.  miss the entire meeting.

And when the Eagles looked more deeply into why Jackson was missing meetings, they found that his friends were becoming a more powerful -- and negative -- influence in his life.

ESPN New York reports the Jets "won't be a factor" in the hunt for free agent DeSean Jackson, "unless they pull a 180."

Beat writer Rich Cimini reports OC Marty Mornhinweg gave D-Jax his "blessing" during internal free agency meetings, assuring the front office Jackson "wouldn't be a problem in the locker room." Cimini believes that "wasn't enough to sway (GM John) Idzik" into pursuing Jackson. With the Chiefs also dropping out, it appears Jackson's landing spot will come down to Washington or Oakland.

we all know he hasn't been arrested.  that's not being debated.  the eagles cut him dude, just cut his ass.  it's one thing to be late for a meeting, it's another thing to miss the whole thing.  miss the entire meeting.

And when the Eagles looked more deeply into why Jackson was missing meetings, they found that his friends were becoming a more powerful -- and negative -- influence in his life.

Isnt it awesome ?, the same guys who are saying Jackson has never been arrested were killing the Pats for dragging their feet on Hernandez.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338080/article/desean-jackson-wont-sign-with-kansas-city-chiefs

The two NFL head coaches who know DeSean Jackson best have opted against taking the field with the controversial wide receiver in 2014.

DeSean Jackson Tracker

Stay up-to-date with all the latest news and rumors behind DeSean Jackson's potential destinations with our DJax tracker. More...

One day after Chip Kelly's Philadelphia Eagles released Jackson, Andy Reid's Kansas City Chiefs are out of the free-agent hunt.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports, via sources informed of Jackson's plans, Kansas City will no longer pursue the three-time Pro Bowl selection after making inquiries and performing due diligence. While the Chiefs were intrigued, their limited salary-cap space would not have allowed them to match the budding open market, Rapoport added Sunday.

Actions speak louder than words in professional sports.

Four days after Reid spoke glowingly of his half-decade with Jackson in Philadelphia, the coach's current organization decided to pass on a uniquely talented player who would have addressed a glaring need.

Kansas City's withdrawal leaves the Washington Redskins and Oakland Raiders as the clear front-runners for Jackson's services.

The 27-year-old wideout will make his first visit to Washington on Monday. He and the Raiders also have mutual interest, per Rapoport.

You can find all of the latest updates in Around The League's DeSean Jackson tracker.

Is coples really worth a huge deal? Wilkerson def does.

Dennard won't get a huge deal. 18 pick is slotted

The Buffalo News reports the Bills are "doing their due diligence" on free agent DeSean Jackson.

Beat reporter Tim Graham believes Jackson-to-Buffalo "could happen," and the interest is serious. Some fans apparently think the Bills are set at receiver, but they aren't, and we expect them to be in the mix for Mike Evans at No. 9 overall. The Bills are aiming for a run-heavy offense that sets up deep shots. Like in-place burner Marquise Goodwin, that philosophy fits Jackson's skill set.

DeSean Jackson is a key part of Philly's offense.  Yet they just cut him suddenly.  You don't let a player like him go for no reason.

His best buddy is in jail for shooting and killing a teenager who flashed a rival gang sign.

He just "adjusted" the original police report about $200,000 cash being stolen from his home to $20,000 cash.  Who the hell has even $20,000 cash hanging around the house unless it's drug money?

So far he hasn't been arrested, but he sure looks like a Hernandez waiting to happen.

DeSean Jackson is a key part of Philly's offense.  Yet they just cut him suddenly.  You don't let a player like him go for no reason.

His best buddy is in jail for shooting and killing a teenager who flashed a rival gang sign.

He just "adjusted" the original police report about $200,000 cash being stolen from his home to $20,000 cash.  Who the hell has even $20,000 cash hanging around the house unless it's drug money?

So far he hasn't been arrested, but he sure looks like a Hernandez waiting to happen.

The cash thing is very common.  People always claim they had tons of money on them when they are robbed.  I think they hope they can recover it or get insurance.  Maybe they just want to write it off as a loss?  Nearly every person that had their passport stolen in Milan claimed that had in excess of $300 with it, more than half would admit they lied.  I'm not a Crip and I don't have any drug money, but you don't want to be the guy that comes for the shoebox under my bed. 

$20.000 is chump change to these guys in the NFL making big money its $500 bucks to the common man. Who doesn't keep money in your home?  Emergencies namely during hurricane Sandy my bank in town was closed for a week. This is irrelevant to anything.

The cash thing is very common.  People always claim they had tons of money on them when they are robbed.  I think they hope they can recover it or get insurance.  Maybe they just want to write it off as a loss?  Nearly every person that had their passport stolen in Milan claimed that had in excess of $300 with it, more than half would admit they lied.  I'm not a Crip and I don't have any drug money, but you don't want to be the guy that comes for the shoebox under my bed. 

Read between the lines, Dominator's a blood. 

Supposedly someone misreported, and DeSean set the cops straight.

Sources tell ESPN's Ed Werder that two teams are in "deep negotiations" with free agent DeSean Jackson.

It's an eyebrow-raiser because Werder says these two teams have not been identified publicly as having interest in Jackson. That rules out the Redskins, Raiders, Bills, Jets and 49ers. And despite serious needs, the Chiefs and Panthers have said they're not interested. We have a couple darkhorses in the mix as Jackson meets with Dan Snyder in Virginia Monday. "Lot of research needs to be done here. High risk, potentially high reward," one NFL head coach told Werder.

Archived