Don't expect Jets to sign DeSean Jackson

Cmartin

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets will allow another team to sign DeSean Jackson and the 45 year and counting will continue another year.

Buffalo News' Tim Graham reports the Bills only are interested in free agent DeSean Jackson at a "predetermined price" and will not get into a bidding war.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport labeled the Bills a "wild card" landing spot for Jackson, but with the list of teams interested in Jackson growing by the minute, it is unlikely the Bills can land Jackson on their terms. The Raiders and Chiefs have emerged as the favorites to land Jackson's services.

LOL so it's not the Jets vs the entire league?  So Idzik didn't stop Talib from signing with the Broncos, Idzik made Orakpo get franchised, Idzik let Jackson walk to Oakland, and ya know what, he probably was the second shooter to boot.

LOL so it's not the Jets vs the entire league?  So Idzik didn't stop Talib from signing with the Broncos, Idzik made Orakpo get franchised, Idzik let Jackson walk to Oakland, and ya know what, he probably was the second shooter to boot.

Did Idzik actually even contact any of these free agents?  I don't feel in my opinion he doing his due diligence to sign free agents theres a reason he doesn't work for Seattle anymore and to boot they won the Super Bowl the year after he left.

Screw what people say. I know it because I've been a cop in the inner city for years and am now a detective specializing in drugs, gangs and criminal interdiction. There are so many things screaming gang member that only a blind person could miss it.

Flagging

Signing

The use of CC instead of ck in the title of his record label. Info: CK is frowned upon because in blood nation it stands for crip killer, which is why blood members started wearing Calvin Klein logos (CK) when it was too much hassle to flag red. On the flip side crips used the British Knights logo , BK, Blood killer. Beyond that he drops the C sign so often that if he's not full crip he'd better be wearing a Kevlar vest everywhere he goes. The thing is, something like 15% of nfl and nba players grew up in high gang areas and had either membership or affiliations with gang members. That was life and that's forgive able IMO. Repping crips openly and publicly as a grown man is another story. Add in murderous associates and you have an absolutely active gang member. And an a$$hole to boot.

All of my friends in the force as well as a buddy of mine in the FBI have basically said this verbatim. Yea, a good chunk of these kids are going to have gang ties due to the circumstances that they grew up in, but when they can't distance themselves from it in their adult life, it's hard to fault a GM or owner for avoiding it. That is, unless you're Stoic or Joewilly.

Did Idzik actually even contact any of these free agents?  I don't feel in my opinion he doing his due diligence to sign free agents theres a reason he doesn't work for Seattle anymore and to boot they won the Super Bowl the year after he left.

It's hard to argue with that. 

The biggest issue for the Jets to be better is to get decent QB play-not to sign gadzillion free agents all over the place

Geno Smith is decent and Mike Vick is good we need WRs RBs playmakers to help the QB there are only so  many Bradys and Mannings in the NFL.

It's hard to argue with that. 

Of all the dumb things joewilly12 has to offer, this one is the dumbest.  By a lot.  I'd love to mail you a certificate.

Of all the dumb things joewilly12 has to offer, this one is the dumbest.  By a lot.  I'd love to mail you a certificate.

ya its getting obvious he is just kidding or he is in reality a 14 year old posting from his parents basement

Yes, it's silly, but it's hard to make fun when so many actual personnel people in the league share the condition. Everybody wants to emulate the good teams and do things the right way when it's October and the season's already in the crapper. Six months later half of them completely lose their sh*t.

ya its getting obvious he is just kidding or he is in reality a 14 year old posting from his parents basement

Yes, it's silly, but it's hard to make fun when so many actual personnel people in the league share the condition. Everybody wants to emulate the good teams and do things the right way when it's October and the season's already in the crapper. Six months later half of them completely lose their sh*t.

45 years and counting boys/girls. Carry on.

It might look like that too some, but that seems like a short-sighted view. I have a feeling that the majority of those complaining about Idzik not signing FAs, will be the same ones complaining that he's not re-upping Mo Wilk, Snacks, Coples and Sheldon in a few years or hell, even Davis. He has to think about this coming year and the following off-season when players are coming off of the books. That's not to say he won't or shouldn't sign players, they just have to fit what his plan entails: young, talented and with a work ethic and desire to play football.  All the new scouts that have been interviewed have said how much emphasis Idzik puts on guys having a work ethic and wanting to play football.  Jackson is hella talented, but if MM, Vick and Lal tell him that he skipped or missed meetings, that's probably the end of the conversation. I think it's the rumors that he was insubordinate that bothers some moreso than the gang connections.  

And the 9 cbs you keep mentioning, a lot of that is bogus.  Verner is a tampa 2 style corner who it was later reported we had zero interest in, Captain Munnerlyn & Thurmond are slot/nickel corners who would be luxury signings considering we still have Wilson, Browner is suspended for four games and DRC we made an offer but didn't want the headache that he comes with.  San Fran was linked to dozens of players that they didn't sign, do you see their fan-base bitching about it constantly?  

You make good points and I think it's the trend more than anything that has been alarming.  Admittedly, my expectations have been molded by TBaum's moves in the past and going in with 40M and so many needs, I was wired from day one of FA.  I've cut back on coffee since then. 

I think this lack of interest in Desean may speak volumes for how much the Jets like the WR's in the 1st.  We all saw the reports of the time spent with Lee and Cooks and I would guess they should see Beckham as a plan B at the very least as he has similar skills in that all three would nicely complement Decker. 

The Pettigrew deal irked me as much as anything as we've come to learn the Jets really saw a fit for him in their scheme - a solid blocker who can flash receiving skills.  This tells me they want a TE that can block vice the slot-types that are en vogue today.  This would keep in line with the dedication towards power running and it indicates to me that they could now be looking at either Niklas or Seferian-Jenkins however I've seen no chatter towards either (not that this means anything). 

It's obvious Idzik would like to pair a veteran CB with Milliner.  I'm sure they are keeping an eye on Joseph in Houston as there's no way they are going to pay him 11M this season.  There's a new regime there.  This would be a great scenario for the Jets as they could then take a 3rd round flier on a Desir, McGill or Jean-Baptiste to groom.  It's a deep draft for CB's. 

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports the Jets are not among the reported seven teams that have contacted DeSean Jackson.

There are still people inside the Jets' organization that are interested in Jackson, but the rumors surrounding his gang affiliations may have scared off GM John Idzik and owner Woody Johnson. The Jets also could just be doing their homework before making any formal inquiries. Jackson is by far the best receiver left in free agency.

Serious question, has anyone ever really considered the fact that joewilly12 is actually Manish.

To much of a homer to be Manish, if anything he would be the last person. However there's someone who i have suspicion on.

Edit: It is funny how they've both been posting our last SB victory.

To much of a homer to be Manish, if anything he would be the last person. However there's someone who i have suspicion on.

Idk, there's a lot of homers who want the shiny new toy, while I don't always agree I do respect the opinions ...joewilly seems to be on a trolling mission to get every jet fan to hate idzik..hmmmmmmm , sounds familiar.

Idk, there's a lot of homers who want the shiny new toy, while I don't always agree I do respect the opinions ...joewilly seems to be on a trolling mission to get every jet fan to hate idzik..hmmmmmmm , sounds familiar.

Im the only fan that wants this team to win?  We won in 1969 how does that make me a unique fan to keep mentioning that isn't that the truth?  I don't dislike Idzik I dislike the moves he's not making to imrove this team.

Im the only fan that wants this team to win?  We won in 1969 how does that make me a unique fan to keep mentioning that isn't that the truth?  I don't dislike Idzik I dislike the moves he's not making to imrove this team.

I get you want the Jets to win, but spending big money is never the way to do it. Although I would like the Jets to sign DeSean Jackson, I won't be heartbroken if they don't grab DeSean or Johnson. They're both 27ish right? Why give them a 4-5 year contract and try and win now, when you don't have your QB situation figured out yet, and the Patriots trying to make one last push. Those huge free agents always demand big contracts and toward the end of them you can't wait to get rid of them, like Cro and Holmes Like Phoenix posted above I think its a better plan to build for the future than to go all in right now. I just don't think it's the right time to go all in, like the Pats and Broncos are doing. We're not 2 players away from the Super Bowl. Plus I think it excites people who are really into the draft like myself, Foe, Gato, Bit, and a few others on the board. 

I get you want the Jets to win, but spending big money is never the way to do it. Although I would like the Jets to sign DeSean Jackson, I won't be heartbroken if they don't grab DeSean or Johnson. They're both 27ish right? Why give them a 4-5 year contract and try and win now, when you don't have your QB situation figured out yet, and the Patriots trying to make one last push. Those huge free agents always demand big contracts and toward the end of them you can't wait to get rid of them, like Cro and Holmes Like Phoenix posted above I think its a better plan to build for the future than to go all in right now. I just don't think it's the right time to go all in, like the Pats and Broncos are doing. We're not 2 players away from the Super Bowl. Plus I think it excites people who are really into the draft like myself, Foe, Gato, Bit, and a few others on the board. 

Signing DJ in no way takes away from the draft. You will still have 12 picks, we will still be drafting BAP, and we will still be relying on the draft to add 4 starters and a ton of depth. You CAN have it both ways. WINNING excites people like Joewilly12, Stoic and me

For the most part I've supported your stance from whom we should target so I have no problem with the direction you want this team to go. I just hope these reports of us not going after DJax are untrue along with any other offensive weapon out there. Idzik must know he in for another 8 years the way he's moving.

Archived