If I'm commtted to winning I take both Chris Johnson and Desean

77DRAFT

The Giants kept LT around because he was great, and they

where committed to winning championships, and I think the Jets

roster could get pretty close to championship level if they go

ahead with the Jackson plan and add Chris Johnson.

Most championships teams have an elite runner like Johnson

and he should come at a discount, Jackson will also be

discounted.

People are treating Jackson like he is Hernandez and not only

has he been clean, but his associates as well.

Jackson's bad boy rough shod image sure did backfire,

I didn't know the NFL was a monestary and I'm sure Jackson

has learned from the situation.

I just hope the Jets show some commitment to back up what

they have been saying, the Chariots (patriots) won because

they took advantage of gifts like Rodney Harrison and Victor

Green,and Wes Welker who all came cheap and championship ready.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's wrong, if they all make minimum that's 6 million, assuming they all make the team

You were referring to cap space so how can I be wrong? We can give DeSean a contract similar to Decker who will make $10 mil in earning but only going to count $4 mil against the cap. How much is Johnson worth? Not sure by no way would he take up over $4 mil in cap space. Most likely $3 mil. Rookie may take up to $4 mil with the 18th selection ($1,556,955), 2nd round - 17 selection and 3rd round - 16 selection ($569,719) taking up most of the salary. I doubt those 6 round pick make it to our top 51 to count towards the cap.

We only need $3 mil for rookies and probably $8 mil in cap space for both CJ and DeSean.

$3 mil? I didn't know any rookie drafted after the 1st round doesn't count against the Cap. The mid first rounder will take up about $2m at least (Eric Reid, 18th overall in 2013, received 4 years, $8.4mil contract). We need $3.5mil just to pay the 9 players from round 4 onwards. $4-4.5 mil for the first 3 picks. Thats about $8mil in rookie pool. We have a lot of picks this year(12). Not a bad thing, but u also have to look at the cap aspect of it. That will leave us $20 mil cap space for 2015 unless we spend on DJ or CJ-ex-2K or both.

You were referring to cap space so how can I be wrong? We can give DeSean a contract similar to Decker who will make $10 mil in earning but only going to count $4 mil against the cap. How much is Johnson worth? Not sure by no way would he take up over $4 mil in cap space. Most likely $3 mil. Rookie may take up to $4 mil with the 18th selection ($1,556,955), 2nd round - 17 selection and 3rd round - 16 selection ($569,719) taking up most of the salary. I doubt those 6 round pick make it to our top 51 to count towards the cap.

That was part of the downfall for Tanny AND Terry Bradway. Their contracts were all backloaded, and not a long term fix. Then the cherry was handing out guaranteed base salaries to underperforming, over the hill guys (Mr. Can't Wait, and Pace) and the Sanchez extension.

you said 3 million for rookies, that is wrong

The Giants kept LT around because he was great, and they

where committed to winning championships, and I think the Jets

roster could get pretty close to championship level if they go

ahead with the Jackson plan and add Chris Johnson.

Most championships teams have an elite runner like Johnson

and he should come at a discount, Jackson will also be

discounted.

People are treating Jackson like he is Hernandez and not only

has he been clean, but his associates as well.

Jackson's bad boy rough shod image sure did backfire,

I didn't know the NFL was a monestary and I'm sure Jackson

has learned from the situation.

I just hope the Jets show some commitment to back up what

they have been saying, the Chariots (patriots) won because

they took advantage of gifts like Rodney Harrison and Victor

Green,and Wes Welker who all came cheap and championship ready.

Amen are you my long lost brother?

Interesting, but here's my take. If I'm committed to winning, I don't take Chris Johnson and Desean. 

And remain a door mat to other NFL teams lose the close games get beat by teams with lesser talent because we don't have what it takes week in and week out.

The future is now!  Winning is accomplished by signing these 2 NFL superstars.

45 years and counting can end here and now do it  Woody.

$7,353,384(2014 Rookie Pool Est.)* According to Jason @ OTChttp://overthecap.com/2014-rookie-pool-estimates.php

That's how much $cash$ we need to pay them collectively but not cap space or see cap space required in the link you provided.

$3 mil? I didn't know any rookie drafted after the 1st round doesn't count against the Cap. The mid first rounder will take up about $2m at least (Eric Reid, 18th overall in 2013, received 4 years, $8.4mil contract). We need $3.5mil just to pay the 9 players from round 4 onwards. $4-4.5 mil for the first 3 picks. Thats about $8mil in rookie pool. We have a lot of picks this year(12). Not a bad thing, but u also have to look at the cap aspect of it. That will leave us $20 mil cap space for 2015 unless we spend on DJ or CJ-ex-2K or both.

Read post number 12, 18th selection ($1,556,955), 2nd round - 17 selection ($683,156) and 3rd round - 16 selection ($569,719).

Also add in the 4th rounders and that's around $4 mil. Also we're asking about the cap not the rookie pool

That was part of the downfall for Tanny AND Terry Bradway. Their contracts were all backloaded, and not a long term fix. Then the cherry was handing out guaranteed base salaries to underperforming, over the hill guys (Mr. Can't Wait, and Pace) and the Sanchez extension.

It's nothing wrong with what Idzik has done with Deckers contract and it's absolutely normal. His contract isn't back loaded. After two season he can be cut.

And remain a door mat to other NFL teams lose the close games get beat by teams with lesser talent because we don't have what it takes week in and week out.

The future is now!  Winning is accomplished by signing these 2 NFL superstars.

45 years and counting can end here and now do it  Woody.

THIS ISN'T MADDEN!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Police dramatically revise estimate of cash stolen from DeSean Jackson

Posted by Mike Florio on March 29, 2014, 9:32 AM EDT

On Friday, receiver DeSean Jackson officially became a former Eagle. Also on Friday, $250,000 officially became a former amount of cash allegedly stolen from him in January.

Coincidentally or otherwise, police dramatically reduced the estimated haul of cash from Jackson’s home in January. Initially, reports indicated thieves had stolen $250,000 in cash, $125,000 in jewelry, and two guns.

According to Michael Newall of the Philadelphia Inquirer, only $20,000 was stolen.

“This was a genuine mistake on our part,” police spokesman John Stanford said. “His mother was giving police what she thought was in the home. [T]hey interviewed Jackson, he knows what’s in his house, and he said, ‘No, that’s wrong.’ He told them what was missing.”

But like so many other things associated with Jackson’s final weeks with the Eagles, this one doesn’t add up. If only $20,000 was stolen from Jackson, why did he offer (according to Jeff McLane of the Inquirer) a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the perpetrators?

Something doesn’t add up. It could be, if the report of the reward was true, that Jackson deliberately lowered the amount stolen from him once he realized that it simply wasn’t a good look for him to have so much money in his house — and to then have it stolen.

And if Jackson provided his reduced estimate to police back in January, it doesn’t make sense that the reduced estimate remained under wraps until the very day Jackson was cut.All things considered, it’s hard not to at least wonder whether the Eagles wanted to keep the notion of Jackson having $250,000 in cash and losing it alive while the team went through the machinations of making Jackson a former member of the team. Then again, nothing stopped Jackson from going public to make it clear that he was robbed of only $20,000.Unless, of course, the truth is that the higher amount was stolen.

and upcoming contract extensions needed for Vets on team, Mo, Kerley etc

What about Larry nyuck nyuck nyuck

I don't want both these dudes, but I hear people spouting we need to save money for extensions, but they don't need more money for that.  The money Harris gets alone should take care of damn near all of them.  Then there is the dead money coming off the books from Sanchez, Holmes and Cro.  The cap is going up besides.  They can cover all those guys and still have more money to spend than they do now.  Idzik seems like he is being very careful not to add and dead money and the future and that is good. I'm sure he will spend when it is somebody he likes.  Maybe even on Jackson.

That's how much $cash$ we need to pay them collectively but not cap space or see cap space required in the link you provided.

Read post number 12, 18th selection ($1,556,955), 2nd round - 17 selection ($683,156) and 3rd round - 16 selection ($569,719).

Also add in the 4th rounders and that's around $4 mil. Also we're asking about the cap not the rookie pool

. It's nothing wrong with what Idzik has done with Deckers contract and it's absolutely normal. His contract isn't back loaded. After two season he can be cut.

How far apart do u think the cash spending and cap charge would be on rookie players drafted on the 3rd day? I was purely talking about the cap. Minimum contracts in the NFL for rookies is about $400k. From round 3 until the end and undrafted FAs, the average would be around $500k a player. Jets have 9 picks. Assuming 6 of them make the roster, Jets are still left with $3mil of minimum salary to pay those 6 players. Then another $4mil for the first three picks is on the lower side, but doable.

As for Decker's contract, Im not complaining. Im just saying u can't pay everyone $4mil in the first year against the cap and have larger hits later on. Holmes, Harris and Cromartie deals all had extremely low first year cap charge, resulting in very high future cap charges and the inevitable cap hell. Jets have gotten rid of most of those massive contracts (Pace, Bart, Sanchez, Revis, Holmes, Cro), hence the cap flexibility. We have to spend in the near future but knowing u have enough to spend is always a good thing. If we don't bring in outside FAs, we can always renew our current guys needing new contracts to a deal where you'll take on a bigger hit in the first year, hence giving u flexibility again in the future. Its a formula that can't fail. The key is drafting well as usual, of course.

. It's nothing wrong with what Idzik has done with Deckers contract and it's absolutely normal. His contract isn't back loaded. After two season he can be cut.

Dee Milliner, Sheldon Richardson, and Geno Smith alone counted over 5 mil against the cap last year... with the rest of the draft picks included it comes out to 6.9 mil. I'd say with 12 draft picks 7.3 sounds about right. The Overthecap link below shows the cap hit for each player last year (see cap number for each player.)

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Jets&Year=2013

Archived