My MetLife NFL Experience

joewilly12

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe there's a market for has been that never were Jets player jerseys I will have to empty out my closet some I own are brand new in the package.

Keller,Cromartie,Tomlinson,Greene,Scott,Edwards,Sanchez all Reebok knock offs some I got for free others paid $20-$40 each.

bannercarwashtowels.jpg

careful with the cromartie jersey, it doesn't like to get dirty

Same here...took me 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot and got home to PA at 1:50 and had to leave for work at 6:00....that sucked.

Distinct advantage of being in the lower levels I suppose. We always book out of the stadium and tend to park in spots with easy access to the exit roads.

Distinct advantage of being in the lower levels I suppose. We always book out of the stadium and tend to park in spots with easy access to the exit roads.

I was in the LL and the ramps are slow emptying I was in the Green lot F3 It took some time to get out. The signage is terrible I plan on emailing MetLife about this I expect nothing but satisfaction of complaining.

I was in the LL and the ramps are slow emptying I was in the Green lot F3 It took some time to get out. The signage is terrible I plan on emailing MetLife about this I expect nothing but satisfaction of complaining.

Maybe you should pretend to be a Giants fan. They might care more.

Last night was my first night back at the stadium since 2010 a lot has changed. Before anyone questions my loyalty to the New York Jets I am a lifelong fan 40+ years. As Wayne Chrebet said on the big screen I also bleed green.

I sat in a great section 106 10 rows off the field. I am not looking for attention or trying to bash anyone here's my take on last night.

Way too many Bears fans. Before the kickoff even started the guy behind me spilled beer on my shoulder he seemed to arrive drunk and stupid why wasn't he stopped at the gate?  Way too many Jets fans wearing former Jets players jerseys not Namath or Chrebet but Revis,Sanchez,Leonhard while communicating all game long on there I-Phone 6s really people if you can afford an I-Phone you can afford a new jersey or don't wear one at all and put down damn cell phones you're at a football game. In the aisle I saw a female Bears fan sitting on her BFs lap up until halftime and then it was addressed by security but it probably took someone pointing it out as these guys look clueless. I also saw a drunken Jets fan with a beard hard hat and Snuggy continually standing up on the seats and acting like an ass all damn game looking to fight any Bears fan near him. Security warned him well over 5 times but did nothing else. People pay all that money to sit and deal with this?

The parking lot after the game was a mess I parked in the green lot there were few porto-johns and bad signage. Leaving the stadium the signs were poor and non-existent I would up on the Turnpike when I wanted to be on Rt 3.

I told my family and friends all 6 of us this is why I choose to stay home. The new stadium is nice but everything else stinks did I mention the $7 pretzel and the $10 beer.

Go Jets!

So, what you're saying is that SAR is right, and paying as much as possible to be away from the drunks is the way to go?

So, what you're saying is that SAR is right, and paying as much as possible to be away from the drunks is the way to go?

I sat in the LL not the UD I think the tolerance level of security and those checking people in at the gate needs to change start turning the drunks away and deal accordingly with them in the stadium warning the same guy 5-6 times isn't the answer.

anheuser busch in bev made 43 billion in US revenue last year _because_ of those drunks.

They are a super premium sponsor of the NFL. 

That's fine but MetLife ignoring and contributing to public drunkenness isn't what people pay all that PSL money for. The guy with the beard hard hat and snuggy was a PIA all night long it looked like even other Jets fans were getting pissed at this jerk.

I sat in the LL not the UD I think the tolerance level of security and those checking people in at the gate needs to change start turning the drunks away and deal accordingly with them in the stadium warning the same guy 5-6 times isn't the answer.

Couldn't agree more.  The type of sh*t that goes on in a football stadium, where they encourage guests of all ages, wouldn't go on for more than a minute in a bar, where it's 21+.

Rent a cops are not telling people that paid several hundred dollars for tickets and parking that they won't be admitted to the stadium because they had too much beer or booze. . It takes forever to get inside as it is. If you start doing that you'd have to get on line at 10am for a 1pm game. Keeps coming back though to the jets and NJSEA treating people like crap instead of like appreciated customers. 

I am pretty firmly in the prefer to watch on TV camp.  My girl sprung for tickets to the Steelers game before she found out and I feel like sh*t for not realizing and acting all excited to go to a game.  I will say this - the MNF sh*t is for the birds.  They completely missed several plays.  Is there anybody on earth that wants to look at Chucky and Mike Tirrico when the game is going on?  These guys should be heard and not seen, and I question how much they should be heard.

Two Monday night games stand out to me. The Monday night game against the Vikings with favre and the lightning warning/delay and the home opener in 2010 against the ravens, was a beautiful day until I walked towards the stadium and got poured on with lightning. I will never ever go to another night game unless it's thanksgiving day/night. The week at work gets worse as the week goes on. I got offered free club tickets for this game and turned them down. Couldn't be happier with my decision.

1pm games are the best even though it blows my whole day. And tbh I actually enjoy watching the game from the comfort of home more than blowing my whole day getting pissed off at the Jets lol.

Let me add though that One of the best funnest games was the Sunday night against the bengals in 2009 to get into playoffs/final game at giants stadium. It was like 2 degrees out and foolish giants stadium security was fooled by Duane and I as we snuck in plastic flasks of brandy under our skull caps lol they had me raise my hands and wanded me but never asked me to take my hat off. BP was very warm inside and we sat as a group of 8-9 friends (that was fun and those days are over)

See if I can tackle a few of these

-- People whine about opposing fans being at Metlife but that's the nature of living in a metro area with 20,000,000 people in it.  There are transplants from all over the country here who don't have to travel very far to see "their team".

-- Fans on phones.  True, but... kids on phones.  Co-workers on phones.  Friends on phones.  Significant others on phones.  2014 is a sad sad time!

-- Drunk people are annoying when you're not among them... definitely do get that.  Opening day this year was especially brutal with drunks and numbskulls more concerned with their 9am bingefest than with cheering the Jets on to victory.  But again, it's a football game.  It's always been like this and I don't think you can expect anything less.

-- $7 pretzel and $10 beer.  See: every stadium in tri-state area / most in USA

-- Getting lost on the way home.  Your fault.  There are a billion highways that run into the Meadowlands and all of them have, you know, road signs.  The BIGGEST problem with Metlife, in my opinion, remains the ingress and egress to the actual stadium.  For a billion dollar (yikes) stadium, it is completely f*****ng unacceptable that it takes literally 20 minutes to get out of the place.  The old stadium was incredibly easy, with the 3 direct escalators to each level, and 2 spirals at each gate.  If heaven forbid there were ever a fire or an attack or a huge emergency at Metlife, we would all be totally boned.  That's on the designer, and it's a total disaster. 

One thing that doesn't make it any easier is the complete idiocy of not being able to walk down the sideline in the 200 level.  I sit in 204, and if I wanted to get to the opposite endzone, I would have to go to the upper tier and walk down the sideline instead of just walking on the 200 level.  It's a joke.

-- Revis and Sanchez jerseys.  Meh.  I guess.  To be fair, those are probably the last 2 Jets I was excited enough about to actually go and buy their jerseys in the store.  The Jets just don't have any dynamic playmakers right now, save for maybe Decker, who you'd want to spend 120 bucks on. But I get what you're saying.

-- Football garbage toss game - yes, true. Horrible.

-- Fireman Ed "wannabes".  Totally disagree with you and hope that someone steps up and leads a cheer like it would have happened back in the old days.

-- Agree with everyone lamenting the 2am arrival home.  I felt that until Thursday lol.  The Port Authority bus back to NY is fast, but the line for it is crazy.

I've always wondered how Stadiums are even half full for Sunday and Monday night games. Someone couldnt pay me to go to those games with work all week. I don't get how ppl do it.

I agree, I didn't get home till almost 3 am on Tuesday morning after dropping 124 off at his house on the way home. The only saving grace for me is that I didn't have to be at work until 2, so I could still get a full 8 hours, but other guys I tailgate with had to be up at 530 and at work by 7 and were getting home around the same time. 

Better them than me. 

I agree, I didn't get home till almost 3 am on Tuesday morning after dropping 124 off at his house on the way home. The only saving grace for me is that I didn't have to be at work until 2, so I could still get a full 8 hours, but other guys I tailgate with had to be up at 530 and at work by 7 and were getting home around the same time. 

Better them than me. 

If Im getting less than 4.5 hours of sleep I have no chance of being productive. Jets would have to have a playoff spot on the line for me to suck it up.

Not evreyone will ever agree on stay at home and watch vs. going to the stadium. I went to just about every home game for 10 years. Then the new stdium was built, PSL's higher price tickets all the reasons, I thought stay at home and watch you can see better, no lines to the bathroom free food. Half way through the year I realized I was wrong. It was not the same not at at all. Where are the other fans? I cooked on my grill but it wasn't tailgating. Who could I talk JETS football with? My neighbors, the Eagles or Broncos fans.... no! I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. For me I live in central Pa. I get up at 5 am on game day load up the van make sure everything is ready. Beer cold, food in coolers, tickets, parking pass. 6ish am we leave (my sons are not always on time) then my 2 hour and 15 minute to 21/2 hour drive begins. get to the stadium set up and then the fun begins and I get the FEELING what I believe is worth all the effort. see old friends, alot of whom post on this board. I meet new friends, enjoy the great out doors, eat some great food and hang out with my family and other Jet fans for the afternoon and enjoy the game. Sometimes the Jets play like the Jets and sometimes its amazing to be in attendance for a huge win. After the game I begin my 3 hour trip home. ( more traffic after the game). 7 or 7:30 I get home. Am I tired yes, was it worth it to me???? ABSOLTELY!!

Night games can be difficult but the schedule comes out in the spring. I keep vacation and sick days for football season becauce I know I will want to use them on some game day/day after. I stayed at the Hilton next to the stadium Mondaynight and drove home Tuesday.

I know it is not worth the time or effort or inconvvenience to some but in my opinion there is no comparison to the game day experiance vs. staying at home to see the game. I do encounter the same idiots and far more inconviniance than most to attend a home game but it is something I will not trade for as long as I am physicaly able to do.

Not evreyone will ever agree on stay at home and watch vs. going to the stadium. I went to just about every home game for 10 years. Then the new stdium was built, PSL's higher price tickets all the reasons, I thought stay at home and watch you can see better, no lines to the bathroom free food. Half way through the year I realized I was wrong. It was not the same not at at all. Where are the other fans? I cooked on my grill but it wasn't tailgating. Who could I talk JETS football with? My neighbors, the Eagles or Broncos fans.... no! I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. For me I live in central Pa. I get up at 5 am on game day load up the van make sure everything is ready. Beer cold, food in coolers, tickets, parking pass. 6ish am we leave (my sons are not always on time) then my 2 hour and 15 minute to 21/2 hour drive begins. get to the stadium set up and then the fun begins and I get the FEELING what I believe is worth all the effort. see old friends, alot of whom post on this board. I meet new friends, enjoy the great out doors, eat some great food and hang out with my family and other Jet fans for the afternoon and enjoy the game. Sometimes the Jets play like the Jets and sometimes its amazing to be in attendance for a huge win. After the game I begin my 3 hour trip home. ( more traffic after the game). 7 or 7:30 I get home. Am I tired yes, was it worth it to me???? ABSOLTELY!!

Night games can be difficult but the schedule comes out in the spring. I keep vacation and sick days for football season becauce I know I will want to use them on some game day/day after. I stayed at the Hilton next to the stadium Mondaynight and drove home Tuesday.

I know it is not worth the time or effort or inconvvenience to some but in my opinion there is no comparison to the game day experiance vs. staying at home to see the game. I do encounter the same idiots and far more inconviniance than most to attend a home game but it is something I will not trade for as long as I am physicaly able to do.

I completely get what you're saying.  I really thought I preferred watching at home or in a bar (which I still love to do) and I thought I'd only got to 2-3 games this season.  Having gone to the first two, I'm trying to figure out a way to make it to a few more without going completely broke.  Gonna' try to go to the Denver game since it's Boston this weekend.

Agree with this guy and feel the same way.  Going to the game is 10000x better.

I agree 100 % with this. 

I went to just about every game in 2009 and 2010. After that I had some personal issues come up and didn't go to another game until last year. During the 2011 and 12 seasons I said I was content staying home for the games and would not be going to every game in a season ever again. I figured the time I put into it was not worth it.  Well when i started going again I realized I was wrong and feel myself needing to be there each week.

For a billion dollar (yikes) stadium, it is completely f*****ng unacceptable that it takes literally 20 minutes to get out of the place.  The old stadium was incredibly easy, with the 3 direct escalators to each level, and 2 spirals at each gate.  If heaven forbid there were ever a fire or an attack or a huge emergency at Metlife, we would all be totally boned.  That's on the designer, and it's a total disaster. 

Agree with you 100% there. I was at Old Trafford a couple of weeks ago, and the guide was telling me they've done a bunch of tests, and if the stadium needed to be evacuated in an emergency, they will have everyone outside in 12 minutes. Old Trafford holds just under 76,000. How many would Metlife have gotten out in 12 minutes? The place is a deathtrap.

Funny enough, reading some of the comments here, I guess the seats I usually end up with at the very top of the place isn't so bad. The drunks tend not to end up that high - guess it's just too far much climbing for them.

Archived