Some Jets upset with holes on roster, ESPN

Ken Schroy

Some Jets upset with holes on roster

Updated: September 28, 2014, 11:02 AM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

There's a disenchantment with some in the New York Jets organization at the lack of talent general manager John Idzik has acquired despite the means he had to improve the roster, according to team sources.

[+] Enlargeny_a_idzik1x_300x200.jpg
AP PhotoJohn Idzik's failure to fill major holes despite millions in cap room have some members of the Jets organization disenchanted, according to sources.

The issue existed in the offseason and has lingered into the season, all the way to before Sunday's game against Detroit.

What bothers some in the organization, according to sources, are the holes the Jets left -- especially at cornerback, but also at wide receiver, pass rusher and in the return game.

It wasn't as if the Jets couldn't spend money as the team is $21.2 million under the cap as of Sunday, which is why some in the organization are upset Idzik wasn't more aggressive on players such as cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (signed with the Giants), cornerback Darrelle Revis (went to Patriots) or wide receiver DeSean Jackson (joined Redskins).

The Jets have plenty of cap room, but also plenty of questions to go along with it. The results so far have been one of production. The team ranks second in the NFL in defense and 8th in offense but has a record of 1-2.

What bothers some in the organization, according to sources

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Bueller? ... Bueller? ... Bueller?

Yep

I know that guy

Woody Johns is cheap... there's no other explaination that makes sense for the past several years' questionable moves...or non moves. 

How can you say this is Woody's doing when this team was in cap hell for overspending just a couple of years ago? Remember paying Revis, trading for Favre, signing Holmes long term. We spent under Tannenbaum with the same owner, the same can't be said for Idzik.

Archived