Woody Johnson needs to get his head out of his a$$

Freemanm

Today's game woeful. I wish I could say it's the worst game the Jets have played in a long time, but with Geno in his rookie year last year, a woeful Mark Sanchez the year before, and no talent at either the WR or CB positions, sadly, I can't.

There are so many things wrong with this team, I don't even know where to begin. Idzik said he was not worried about his mishandling of the CB position in the offseason. Did he actually watch today's game? How many seasons will it take before Woody notices that Rex is completely inept when it comes to offense, and although his players are loyal, they are totally I disciplined.

Major changes need to be made

Today's game woeful. I wish I could say it's the worst game the Jets have played in a long time, but with Geno in his rookie year last year, a woeful Mark Sanchez the year before, and no talent at either the WR or CB positions, sadly, I can't.

There are so many things wrong with this team, I don't even know where to begin. Idzik said he was not worried about his mishandling of the CB position in the offseason. Did he actually watch today's game? How many seasons will it take before Woody notices that Rex is completely inept when it comes to offense, and although his players are loyal, they are totally I disciplined.

Major changes need to be made

exactly. the mongolion horde was loyal to genghis khan

I don't have a problem with Woody unless there is no change at the end of the season.  I think Rex and Idzik have to go barring some magical run which is not going to happen.

how can anybody NOT see that Woody IS the problem is beyond me.

how can anybody NOT see that Woody IS the problem is beyond me.

The only problem I have with Woody is keeping Rex last year with the new GM.  Otherwise I know he wants to win and wants to put the best product out on the field.  He is not the GM nor the coach so I don't see how he is the problem.  Maybe he needs to hire better if you want to throw that in there but nothing tells me that the guy is inept.

The only problem I have with Woody is keeping Rex last year with the new GM.  Otherwise I know he wants to win and wants to put the best product out on the field.  He is not the GM nor the coach so I don't see how he is the problem.  Maybe he needs to hire better if you want to throw that in there but nothing tells me that the guy is inept.

don't you remember the HBO show and how Woody was right in on every negotiation and signing? The Jets being 25 million under the cap is NOT because our GM is too slow or tentative it's because Woody Johnson isn't releasing the money to be spent

Woody needs to first get that silver spoon removed from his A$$ before his head. This offseason has shown to be a disaster... $20 MM under the cap is a joke. This owner is just padding the bottom line. Idzik has had one of the worst 12 pick drafts in recent memory as only couple of players drafted actually made the team. We will see where this goes, but I doubt at this point that 5-11 is even attainable.

Time to clen house, starting with the GM......

Woody needs to first get that silver spoon removed from his A$$ before his head. This offseason has shown to be a disaster... $20 MM under the cap is a joke. This owner is just padding the bottom line. Idzik has had one of the worst 12 pick drafts in recent memory as only couple of players drafted actually made the team. We will see where this goes, but I doubt at this point that 5-11 is even attainable.

Time to clen house, starting with the GM......

no it's almost 25 million under the cap flagman, that is 4 or 5 pretty good starters worth of unused $$ 4 guys at 6 million a year gets you a 20% better team than we have now

don't you remember the HBO show and how Woody was right in on every negotiation and signing? The Jets being 25 million under the cap is NOT because our GM is too slow or tentative it's because Woody Johnson isn't releasing the money to be spent

Well you can't fire Woody so whatever.  The problem starts from the bottom up.  Rex is the main problem because his scheme is outdated and ineffective.  Idzik is next because of lack of personnel to be able to compete.  Those are the two main problems not Woody.

We didn't win a division and get a bye in 2009&2010.. And 98 was winnable!! Are you kidding me?

We had a halftime lead on the road in the 2009 AFC Title game before things imploded, much like 1998.

It sure is fun arguing over what, in fact, our lame glory days were.

Well you can't fire Woody so whatever.  The problem starts from the bottom up.  Rex is the main problem because his scheme is outdated and ineffective.  Idzik is next because of lack of personnel to be able to compete.  Those are the two main problems not Woody.

why can't we have the league look into what Johnson is doing? He is not living up to his side of the bargain that the season ticket holders buy into, they spend thousands of dollars and expect a 100% effort from the team and Woody's miserly ways are undermining that part of the deal. To have an NFL team in the league's biggest market city, the PLACE where the league offices are located is a total disgrace, and it's all because of bad leadership and an undeserving owner. he needs to divest from his share of the Jets and the league needs to step in and take charge here. To be operating at 80% efficiency is NOT acceptable. 

why can't we have the league look into what Johnson is doing? He is not living up to his side of the bargain that the season ticket holders buy into, they spend thousands of dollars and expect a 100% effort from the team and Woody's miserly ways are undermining that part of the deal. To have an NFL team in the league's biggest market city, the PLACE where the league offices are located is a total disgrace, and it's all because of bad leadership and an undeserving owner. he needs to divest from his share of the Jets and the league needs to step in and take charge here. To be operating at 80% efficiency is NOT acceptable. 

Exactly how is he disgracing the NFL?  What is he doing that is hurting the Jets that you can prove?  The guy is probably one of the most charitable owners the NFL has.  They will not do anything to him.

The Jets are rotten from the core. It starts with general manager John Idzik and his inability to better improve the roster despite an estimated $24 million in salary-cap space. It includes head coach Rex Ryan, who again appears to be in charge of a chaotic locker room where accountability is nothing more than a responsible-sounding buzzword to placate

Exactly how is he disgracing the NFL?  What is he doing that is hurting the Jets that you can prove?  The guy is probably one of the most charitable owners the NFL has.  They will not do anything to him.

Look, if you can't see anything 'wrong' with the way the Jets are being managed than you're not even worth the time it takes to type an answer out. Don't worry, be happy.

Look, if you can't see anything 'wrong' with the way the Jets are being managed than you're not even worth the time it takes to type an answer out. Don't worry, be happy.

Yeah but Woody doesn't manage the Jets, he owns them. Need a change at management

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The fish stinks from the head" "sh*t rolls down hill"
The problem with this team starts at the top. Woody owes tons of dough on his new palace. The PSL auction was a disaster and he's not gotten even close the amount of $ his bean counters told him he would get and he can't even sell out the upper deck that has no PSL's. The Jets are # 32 in the NFL in the amount of real dollars spent on salary for 2014, not cap spent, because that includes dead money, but actual cash outlay. He knew the Jets would not win the super bowl this year, it was going to be a transition year no matter what. So why not save $20 million this year and spend more down the road when it could make a difference. Problem is he did not count on what has happen. Crappy draft the last 2 years, guys who gave us one good season last year sucking ( Colon, Pace, Nelson), FA and UFA that suck or over the hill (CJ) and horrible coaching from top to bottom. And now, with the possibility of the Jets going 4-12 and being one of the worst teams in the NFL, Woody gambled and lost. End of season he's going to have to fire Rex and get a big name coach to get everyone excited and he will decide who's the next coach, not the GM. And the GM will be in the same position Rex is in. And so it goes.... over and over. The place will be empty next year.

Yeah but Woody doesn't manage the Jets, he owns them. Need a change at management

Go back and watch the Jets on Hard Knocks on HBO on demand, and then come back and tell us how Woody is a "hands off" owner

/facepalm

Internet forums, never stop being funny in the foolishness of uninformed people.

Don't quit your day job SoFla, seriously.  Woody is not in breach of any agreements, and the league is not going to "do anything" nor should they. 

Like any business, if you don't like the owner or how it's run, don't buy or use their product.

What you're asking for is like saying "I don't like my TV, someone should call the SEC and get the CEO of the TV company removed".

I get all the desperate blame deflection, but Woody is not our problem, or at least not our main problem. 

Our problem is Rex (a bad outmatched coach on a 6 year downwards spiral of failure), Geno (a bust bad QB) and (a distant third) Idzik (who is very 50/50 thus far, and should answer for his cheapness this year).

Two of these three will not be Jets in 2015.  Woody will.

"The fish stinks from the head" "sh*t rolls down hill"

The problem with this team starts at the top. Woody owes tons of dough on his new palace. The PSL auction was a disaster and he's not gotten even close the amount of $ his bean counters told him he would get and he can't even sell out the upper deck that has no PSL's. The Jets are # 32 in the NFL in the amount of real dollars spent on salary for 2014, not cap spent, because that includes dead money, but actual cash outlay. He knew the Jets would not win the super bowl this year, it was going to be a transition year no matter what. So why not save $20 million this year and spend more down the road when it could make a difference. Problem is he did not count on what has happen. Crappy draft the last 2 years, guys who gave us one good season last year sucking ( Colon, Pace, Nelson), FA and UFA that suck or over the hill (CJ) and horrible coaching from top to bottom. And now, with the possibility of the Jets going 4-12 and being one of the worst teams in the NFL, Woody gambled and lost. End of season he's going to have to fire Rex and get a big name coach to get everyone excited and he will decide who's the next coach, not the GM. And the GM will be in the same position Rex is in. And so it goes.... over and over. The place will be empty next year.

Good post 337, what actually NEEDS to happen and what Woody Johnson is MOST afraid of is for Jets fans to start wearing bags on their heads at the games. NOTHING scares Johnson more than that. I remember when we had a letter writing campaign back during the 2002 season.

Now if you want to make a correct comparison between seasons up to this point the 2002 year and 2014 are identical

2002:

week 1- we beat Buffalo in OT 37-31

week 2 - we lose to NE 44-7

week 3 - Miami beats 30-13

week 4 - Jax beats us 28-18

week 5 - KC beats us 29-23  putting us at 1-4

The big difference though was we had a guy sitting on the bench waiting for his big shot at taking over from the suddenly over-the-hill Vinny. The kid was a hot young prospect who was being compared to Joe Montana and the Jets were at a place at 1-4 that the move needed to be made. I went to that game and what we oldtimey internet guys were doing from our perches in our living rooms was to sstart writing letters, (sending emails actually) to the New York Jets threatening that if the move isn't made THIS WEEK that Woody Johnson can expect to see bags on the heads of thousands of Jets fans and those images will be flashed all over the country to be seen by MILLIONS of NFL fans. Those of us who are old enough to remember still do recall what the New Orleans 'Aints fans looked like.

Coincidentally, that turned out to be Chad Pennington's first NFL home start and he almost pulled it off had it not been for Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzalez

/facepalm

Internet forums, never stop being funny in the foolishness of uninformed people.

Don't quit your day job SoFla, seriously.  Woody is not in breach of any agreements, and the league is not going to "do anything" nor should they. 

Like any business, if you don't like the owner or how it's run, don't buy or use their product.

What you're asking for is like saying "I don't like my TV, someone should call the SEC and get the CEO of the TV company removed".

I get all the desperate blame deflection, but Woody is not our problem, or at least not our main problem. 

Our problem is Rex (a bad outmatched coach on a 6 year downwards spiral of failure), Geno (a bust bad QB) and (a distant third) Idzik (who is very 50/50 thus far, and should answer for his cheapness this year).

Two of these three will not be Jets in 2015.  Woody will.

I have no intention of ever quitting my day job nor do I pretend to be an 'expert' at anything related to football (unlike "some"people) what I AM really good at though, is remembering how I felt and what I did about how I felt. I was one of the letter writers and I actually DO think that those letters made a difference , how? well Herm was saying on Monday after a 3 interception Testeverde loss to Miami that "Vinny is my starter" and by the weekend Chad was named

Go back and watch the Jets on Hard Knocks on HBO on demand, and then come back and tell us how Woody is a "hands off" owner

More hands off than a lot of other owners in this league. I'll tell you that

Archived