Pryor - BUST!?

aec4

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 Miami Dolphins Ja'wuan James OT Tennessee 20 New Orleans Saints Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State 21 Green Bay Packers Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S Alabama 22 Cleveland Browns Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M 23 Kansas City Chiefs Dee Ford DE Auburn 24 Cincinnati Bengals Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State 25 San Diego Chargers Jason Verrett CB TCU 26 Philadelphia Eagles Marcus Smith OLB Louisville 27 Arizona Cardinals Deone Bucannon S Washington State 28 Carolina Panthers Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State 29 New England Patriots Dominique Easley DT Florida 30 San Francisco 49ers Jimmie Ward S Northern Illinois 31 Denver Broncos Bradley Roby CB Ohio State 32 Minnesota Vikings Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville

Here are the rest of the picks in round 1.   I see a bunch of better players (and some worse or ones we didn't need)

We could have had a pretty good corner in that position too.  While we didn't have the best safeties in the league, we were OK there, but we drafted another.  I thought Pryor would be OK, but he looks awful in coverage and he's always late to the party.

Anyone who judges an NFL player after 6 games as a bust knows NOTHING about the pro game. This style of defense is very hard to step into coming from college. It's a well known fact.

If you are giving up on Milliner because he's so injury prone, I can see that. But after a horrible start of 2013 he was defensive rookie of the month for December.

Players develop in this league. May I apologize on behalf of Idzik for the fact that every draft pick isn't a pro bowler day one. Most other NFL GMs draft 90% probowlers, why can't John??? He only drafted the DROY his first at bat.

Yeah he sucks

Anyone who judges an NFL player after 6 games as a bust knows NOTHING about the pro game. This style of defense is very hard to step into coming from college. It's a well known fact.

If you are giving up on Milliner because he's so injury prone, I can see that. But after a horrible start of 2013 he was defensive rookie of the month for December.

Players develop in this league. May I apologize on behalf of Idzik for the fact that every draft pick isn't a pro bowler day one. Most other NFL GMs draft 90% probowlers, why can't John??? He only drafted the DROY his first at bat.

Yeah he sucks

He had 12 picks this draft.  How many are actually still on the roster?  

"I took the guy who will knock your face in," Ryan said in a conference call Wednesday.

Yup. But everyone wants to blame Idzik for the draft.

This was cute when he said it about Connor on day 3. But a top 20 pick? No effin way is this meathead logic going to build us a contender.

Yup. But everyone wants to blame Idzik for the draft.

This was cute when he said it about Connor on day 3. But a top 20 pick? No effin way is this meathead logic going to build us a contender.

Literally the amount of times with this guy putting his foot in his mouth. Pun works too, sure. 

Hopefully Pryor, at least, turns out to be a decent safety. 

I hated the Pryor pick, the reason why is I believe he projects as a cover-2 SS, his skill set does not fit the Ryan defense.  I think he may become a solid and perhaps an all-pro caliber - - - cover-2 SS...he'll need to add about 10 pounds of muscle.

I hated the Pryor pick, the reason why is I believe he projects as a cover-2 SS, his skill set does not fit the Ryan defense. I think he may become a solid and perhaps an all-pro caliber - - - cover-2 SS...he'll need to add about 10 pounds of muscle.

DUDE SO MUCH SWAGGER

He had 12 picks this draft.  How many are actually still on the roster?

Please take two minutes and look back at the drafts leading up to the Seahawks championship season ...look at the previous four drafts and you will see how a championship team is built.

You simply don't understand how it's done. I'm not trying to be rude, it's just not something you get.

Please take two minutes and look back at the drafts leading up to the Seahawks championship season ...look at the previous four drafts and you will see how a championship team is built.

You simply don't understand how it's done. I'm not trying to be rude, it's just not something you get.

I get it, pretty well actually.  He's totally wiffed on 2 drafts.  He's left 24M on the table that could have been used to build the team.  It's time to move on to someone else.

Can you explain your point?

Not being a player worthy of your draft position is the definition of bust.

Actually it's not. Unless you're looking to make a player who isn't a bust into a bust.

Which almost as ridiculous as telling people over and over that you know what a player will be after only a handful of games.

With Fuller (the CB, I think that's his name) on the board along with Cooks, it was a bad pick.

Your last sentence is making my point for me.  Pryor as a 3rd rounder would be fine, but as a 1st rounder, he's not.

Pryor looks like he has no ball skills and can only play going forward towards the line. 

When the Jets move to a 4-3 next season Pryor should transition to weak side LB like Urlacher did in Chicago.   LB seems like a better fit than safety for him. 

With Fuller (the CB, I think that's his name) on the board along with Cooks, it was a bad pick.

Your last sentence is making my point for me.  Pryor as a 3rd rounder would be fine, but as a 1st rounder, he's not.

Kyle Fuller went 14 to the Bears -- he was not on the board when we picked.  

At 18, I was hoping for either the CB Dennard or Cooks.  Too early to call Pryor a bust, but from what I have seen, he takes poor angles and I have not seen the ball skills I was hoping he had.  He looks to me like an in the box Safety who appears to be playing out of position.  I hope I am wrong and he improves as the season wears on, but IMO he is not looking like a good pick right now.

Kyle Fuller went 14 to the Bears -- he was not on the board when we picked.  

At 18, I was hoping for either the CB Dennard or Cooks.  Too early to call Pryor a bust, but from what I have seen, he takes poor angles and I have not seen the ball skills I was hoping he had.  He looks to me like an in the box Safety who appears to be playing out of position.  I hope I am wrong and he improves as the season wears on, but IMO he is not looking like a good pick right now.

I think in general, its easier for a safety to play in the box out the gates in the league. Especially if you're a player like Pryor.  Its easier to play at the LOS. Learning how to be an enforcer on the back end is tough business.  Especially nowadays with the rules and especially when you're playing Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford, Rivers, Manning, Brady out the gates. These guys all know how to look off a safety and move guess open with their eyes.  Its just hard to cover immediately in this league.

Pyror will be fine.  Maybe never a great.  Certainly not worthy of passing on Cooks or Benji but I think with Allen getting some time really learning how to cover and Pryor being thrown to the fire might benefit the secondary once they find some corners who can actually play.

To boot, it seems like Clinton-Dix has out played Pryor to this point. Just from reading a couple of what seems like somewhat positive reviews so far, on Clinton-Dix.

its also fair to assume Dix was coached, and held to a standard all spring/summer....not exposed to club Rex

Can you explain your point?

I will post a thread breaking down the 4-5 years leading into the Seahawks 2013 season. How the team was built. Idzik is following this approach exactly. It's proven to work over, and over and over. Please read the thread and share your thoughts.

Bingo.  Not someone you pass on Brandin Cooks and Kelvin Benjamin for in the slightest.

especially when you are in dire need to offensive playmakers. But hey we got Idzik who waits for the 4th round to pick WR's non of which are on the field. What a ******* joke

Archived