Francesa- "Woody should ask the league office to help find him a GM"

Matt39

Isnt the Seattle personnel guy predominantly Carroll?

Scot McCloughan, Senior Personnel Executive, Seattle Seahawks - McCloughan joined the Seahawks in 2010 as their Senior Personnel Executive after five years with the San Francisco 49ers, where he was the Vice President of Football Operations, along with being General Manager for two years. He joined the 49ers in 2005 after having been the Seahawks' Director if College Scouting from 2000 to his move in 2005. McCloughan worked for five seasons with the Green Bay Packers as a regional scout before his first stint with the Seahawks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/23/seahawks-executive-scot-mccloughan-resigning-to-tend-to-personal-matters/

Seahawks executive Scot McCloughan resigning to tend to personal matters
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on April 23, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
scot-mccloughan.jpg?w=250

The Seattle Seahawks are losing a key member of their front office staff.

A source confirmed to PFT that Seahawks’ senior personnel executive Scot McCloughan is resigning from his position in order to tend to personal matters that require his attention. The move was first reported by Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com.

McCloughan joined the Seahawks in 2010 in a supporting role to general manager John Schneider. McCloughan had previously been the general manager of the San Francisco 49ers before stepping down following the 2009 season. McCloughan’s departure from San Francisco was also to tend to a “private personal matter.”

McCloughan has been a key figure in building the rosters of both of the NFC West’s powerhouse teams.

McCloughan drafted Dashon GoldsonFrank GoreVernon DavisJoe Staleyand Patrick Willis during his time with the 49ers as GM and VP of football operations. He then helped identify key players for Seattle such as Richard ShermanRussell WilsonK.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner that allowed Seattle to win their first Super Bowl in February.

It’s a big blow to the Seahawks personnel department. McCloughan intends to build his own independent scouting service to work from home so he can be around his family.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scot McCloughan, Senior Personnel Executive, Seattle Seahawks - McCloughan joined the Seahawks in 2010 as their Senior Personnel Executive after five years with the San Francisco 49ers, where he was the Vice President of Football Operations, along with being General Manager for two years. He joined the 49ers in 2005 after having been the Seahawks' Director if College Scouting from 2000 to his move in 2005. McCloughan worked for five seasons with the Green Bay Packers as a regional scout before his first stint with the Seahawks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/23/seahawks-executive-scot-mccloughan-resigning-to-tend-to-personal-matters/

Seahawks executive Scot McCloughan resigning to tend to personal matters

A source confirmed to PFT that Seahawks’ senior personnel executive Scot McCloughan is resigning from his position in order to tend to personal matters that require his attention. The move was first reported by Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com.

McCloughan joined the Seahawks in 2010 in a supporting role to general manager John Schneider. McCloughan had previously been the general manager of the San Francisco 49ers before stepping down following the 2009 season. McCloughan’s departure from San Francisco was also to tend to a “private personal matter.”

McCloughan has been a key figure in building the rosters of both of the NFC West’s powerhouse teams.

McCloughan drafted Dashon GoldsonFrank GoreVernon DavisJoe Staleyand Patrick Willis during his time with the 49ers as GM and VP of football operations. He then helped identify key players for Seattle such as Richard ShermanRussell WilsonK.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner that allowed Seattle to win their first Super Bowl in February.

It’s a big blow to the Seahawks personnel department. McCloughan intends to build his own independent scouting service to work from home so he can be around his family.

Can we hire this guy now?

Scot McCloughan, Senior Personnel Executive, Seattle Seahawks - McCloughan joined the Seahawks in 2010 as their Senior Personnel Executive after five years with the San Francisco 49ers, where he was the Vice President of Football Operations, along with being General Manager for two years. He joined the 49ers in 2005 after having been the Seahawks' Director if College Scouting from 2000 to his move in 2005. McCloughan worked for five seasons with the Green Bay Packers as a regional scout before his first stint with the Seahawks.

Seahawks executive Scot McCloughan resigning to tend to personal matters

A source confirmed to PFT that Seahawks’ senior personnel executive Scot McCloughan is resigning from his position in order to tend to personal matters that require his attention. The move was first reported by Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com.

McCloughan joined the Seahawks in 2010 in a supporting role to general manager John Schneider. McCloughan had previously been the general manager of the San Francisco 49ers before stepping down following the 2009 season. McCloughan’s departure from San Francisco was also to tend to a “private personal matter.”

McCloughan drafted Dashon Goldson, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Joe Staleyand Patrick Willis during his time with the 49ers as GM and VP of football operations. He then helped identify key players for Seattle such as Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner that allowed Seattle to win their first Super Bowl in February.

It’s a big blow to the Seahawks personnel department. McCloughan intends to build his own independent scouting service to work from home so he can be around his family.

Yeah his years with the 49ers and Packers were really good.

The guy coming here is going to have a clean roster with some decent young pieces, about $30 mil in cap room, a top-three pick, and he gets to pick his QB. The other likely openings will be Atlanta (probably the best job overall), St Louis, and Oakland. All in all, if one of the Seattle coordinators is feeling it, this is a good spot.

I know Bevell is your boy, but I really want nothing to do with another promoted coordinator next time around. Especially if we're now operating under the assumption that the head coach is the GM, and the GM is his secretary. I want a guy with head coach experience, college or pro. I don't have anyone in mind, but a successful college guy looking to make a mark in the pros would probably be my preference. I like the idea of what that guy would bring to the draft process.

I know Bevell is your boy, but I really want nothing to do with another promoted coordinator next time around. Especially if we're now operating under the assumption that the head coach is the GM, and the GM is his secretary. I want a guy with head coach experience, college or pro. I don't have anyone in mind, but a successful college guy looking to make a mark in the pros would probably be my preference. I like the idea of what that guy would bring to the draft process.

He would know college talent as well, and that would be helpful in drafting.

That's because Woody Johnson IS the problem bro. He doesn't belong in a position of ownership because he has too many other ventures cutting into his time. How can any one person run a NFL team, a major corporation like Johnson & Johnson, a hospital as well as being hands on building the Florham Park facility and be a player in National as well as local politics? You can't and  he can't either. Jack of all trades master of none seems to be the case with the Jets owner. George Steinbrenner owned the Yankees and also a ship building enterprise in Tampa but when baseball season rolled around he was a baseball guy first and foremost

You know Woody Johnson telling us 2 years ago what THE most important thing going on in his life was; (helping to make sure that Mitt Romney beats Obama) DURING FOOTBALL season, and a bad football season to boot, and the owner of the New York Jets had bigger fish to fry, that is when it became all too clear to me exactly WHAT the problem is and where they all stes from, and it had NOTHING to do with my personal political ideology, it was eye-opening and I'm not the only one that saw it either. You guys notice how right around that time a whole lot of the old timers as far as Jets fans started to disappear?

I actually don't think Woody has anything to do with J and J any more.  But I agree  he is the major problem because he will make the most important decisions and he is a fool.  he actually has no management skills

The locker room won't respect a QB who is late for meetings and looks pathetic on the field. There's no reason the locker room should respect Geno. The QB that starts winning us games and starts showing us he is the real deal is the one who will instantly gain the respect on account of the fact we haven't had a winning record since 2010

The guy who scouted Shaq Evans and was fired a year later. The whole front office shake up was more mystifying than his free agent signings.

Are you able to see in the future?  Evans was drafted in April of 2014 - someone should tell this guy he's gone next April.

The General Manager position is impossible to fill if Woody makes the next GM keep Rex. The ONLY scenario where this works is if you promote from within. There's another former general manager currently in the Jets front office and that's Rod Graves. This scenario is a long-shot, but I wouldn't put it past Woody:

Woody fires Idzik or forces his resignation. Knowing that no legitimate candidates will put in for the GM job, Woody skips the interview process completely and hires Rod Graves immediately after firing Idzik. Woody's thinking is that the move is swift and spares the fan base the embarrassment of having to do another sham-interview process. The transition is as "smooth" as can be. You remove the person all of the fans hate without having to tear up the organization. Graves certainly has the credentials on paper for the job. Woody gets to keep Rex, which is what he ultimately wants. The NFL is satisfied because it gets another minority into a high profile position.

For Woody, it's the path of least resistance and gives the fans what they want. And the dysfunction continues on.

I don't know why a guy would turn down a job with that much cap space and a high draft pick staring him in the face.  there are a goodly number of a$$hole owners out there.  I do not think Woody would have any problem, provided he wishes Rex into the corn field.

I keep seeing the name Gus Malzahn come up as a hot commodity.

Never thought the Jets could get Knicks like toxic...seems we've gotten there.

Just looking at the bio of Neil Glatt...the guy is the President of the team and offers less than zero value to winning games. The Knicks had all of these dopes running around MSG before Phil too. Nonsense like marching bands, finding the next fireman Ed, fan focus groups, getting big names who cant play anymore...this organization is a joke. Winning isnt a priority.

Malzahn + Mariota would be a very appealing duo.

The thing that I was talking about yesterday to family members is it doesn't matter where we draft or who we draft because for some reason Jets offensive players don't seem to ever get any better-not with this regime and not with the way they are used. Bilal Powell is a perfect example. Can anybody please explain to me why it is that our best halfback isn't playing? Why is Chris Johnson mister 1-2 and 3 yards a carry and never to break a run ever again getting all of the snaps he's getting and Powell who would be a 1000 yard rusher on any number of teams not seeing more action? Now we get Percy Harvin, for what? That same stupid WR end around that hasn't worked since Brad Smith left town and when will somebody tell the Jets that the Wildcat is over, Harvin's only going to resurrect it now. Sanchez, never got better and then got worse, Geno, we started thinking in that first game wow looks like we got ourselves a QB finally and now he's done. Mike Vick how is it that that guy has turned into Pat White since he has donned the JETS green and white? I have no faith that unless we make some drastic changes that Rex will be back and he'll have Idzik pick another DB or LBer or worse yet another DL. They could have the top pick and that kid will become a bust 

Never thought the Jets could get Knicks like toxic...seems we've gotten there.

Just looking at the bio of Neil Glatt...the guy is the President of the team and offers less than zero value to winning games. The Knicks had all of these dopes running around MSG before Phil too. Nonsense like marching bands, finding the next fireman Ed, fan focus groups, getting big names who cant play anymore...this organization is a joke. Winning isnt a priority.

Fairly off topic, but as much concern as people have over Jameis, and rightly so, he's one of the few prospects I've seen in a while who truly loves to win.  The kid is an absolute knucklehead, borderline ratard, but he has a passion for winning.  This organization needs someone to clean house and focus on football and only football. They start winning games, then they can worry about fan appeal and that bullsh*t.

Btw, as I've mentioned a million times already - but no one wants to listen. If you let idzik stay you are going to have a problem finding a good head coaching candidate, in the same way you had a problem finding a Gm before. I said before idzik was selected that this was not a good job and probably the worst in the NFL at the time. I was criticized for saying it at the time. The decision to accept a job as a head coach is the culmination of a guys entire life's work, they are not going to jump in bed with a GM who may get fired in two years and an owner that is a complete idiot. Just like the GM job at the time Idzik took it, It will be the worst job in the NFL if it is Idzik doing the hiring.

I dont think this is true. He might have a very good coach in mind that he hasn't been allowed to hire for 2 years cause Woody is a retarded sperm lottery winner. Maybe that coach knows his way around the draft process and Idzik could stick to bookkeeping, but the last 2 years are so bad we need to clean house cause he's as responsible as anyone. Again, this is all the owners fault. Fire everybody that ****ed up for once and start over the right way.

Pioli is an interesting candidate. I wouldn't mind seeing him as the next GM.

Some of the stuff that came out of KC, the control freak Mangini-like nonsense, fighting with the media and worrying about haley leaking like a paranoid nut ball, is concerning. And while he was part of the Pats, who's to say between Bellicheat, Ernie Adams and who ever else they have in the basement how much Pioli really did .You can only be  nasty douchebag if you win big right away, and that is probably not gonna happen here. Know that as Parcells' son in law Woody Johnson would OF COURSE bend over backward again to make the old man happy. 

I keep seeing the name Gus Malzahn come up as a hot commodity.

Question si does he want to leave college with the chance of failing and then going back like Al Groh, Charlie Weis or Steve Spurrier with his tail between his legs at some schools ay below his current post. There are guys who can do both, but they are few. At Auburn you can always milk a run every few years and a win here and there over Bama and pretty much lock in to be a an on campus God for a decade. 

Actaully saw an old friend the other night who was a Division I basketball head coach. And as per said coach  there are 2 TERRIBLE things about college coaching .One is recruiting. The other being the idea that an 18-year old dimwit kid could do something really dumb some Friday night that you have nothing to do with and destroy your career by Monday morning. 

Fairly off topic, but as much concern as people have over Jameis, and rightly so, he's one of the few prospects I've seen in a while who truly loves to win.  The kid is an absolute knucklehead, borderline ratard, but he has a passion for winning.  This organization needs someone to clean house and focus on football and only football. They start winning games, then they can worry about fan appeal and that bullsh*t.

I couldnt agree more. The guy is a first rate knucklehead off the field...but he blocks out that stuff on the field and he clearly is a competitor. I know a lot on the board dont like his game(I was critical last year)...but I think the kid can be a good NFL QB. Nothing seems to phase him.

Are you able to see in the future?  Evans was drafted in April of 2014 - someone should tell this guy he's gone next April.

He was hired in 2013, fired right after the mini camp in 2014. So yeah that's about a year.

I dont think this is true. He might have a very good coach in mind that he hasn't been allowed to hire for 2 years cause Woody is a retarded sperm lottery winner. Maybe that coach knows his way around the draft process and Idzik could stick to bookkeeping, but the last 2 years are so bad we need to clean house cause he's as responsible as anyone. Again, this is all the owners fault. Fire everybody that ****ed up for once and start over the right way.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone looking for a head coaching job for a second. Would you come to the Jets if Idzik is the GM?

Some of the stuff that came out of KC, the control freak Mangini-like nonsense, fighting with the media and worrying about haley leaking like a paranoid nut ball, is concerning. And while he was part of the Pats, who's to say between Bellicheat, Ernie Adams and who ever else they have in the basement how much Pioli really did .You can only be  nasty douchebag if you win big right away, and that is probably not gonna happen here. Know that as Parcells' son in law Woody Johnson would OF COURSE bend over backward again to make the old man happy. 

I'll take an arrogant jerk who can can do better than 1/19 in drafts any day. 

Put yourself in the shoes of someone looking for a head coaching job for a second. Would you come to the Jets if Idzik is the GM?

No. No ******* way. Idzik is stuck with the label of being the guy that sabotaged a season to get rid of Rex. That's all that will be remembered, no matter if true or not. 

So... we're stuck with Idzik because we didn't fire Rex, we'll be stuck with a sh*t coach, because we don't fire Idzik, and around and around we go... 

I'll take an arrogant jerk who can can do better than 1/19 in drafts any day. 

No. No ******* way. Idzik is stuck with the label of being the guy that sabotaged a season to get rid of Rex. That's all that will be remembered, no matter if true or not. 

So... we're stuck with Idzik because we didn't fire Rex, we'll be stuck with a sh*t coach, because we don't fire Idzik, and around and around we go... 

There could be a 5 year plan in the works

This is a blurb from back in training camp:

Jalen Saunders, WR-Saunders has been the best wide receiver of the three selected in May. The fourth-round pick made a few plays early in camp but hasn’t done much since. He’s actually shown surprising tenacity as a blocker despite his 5-9, 164-pound frame.

lol

Archived