Woody Johnson likely to cave to pressure, fire Idzik: NFL execs

Ken Schroy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't change GM's every two years. Specially when the current GM inherited a very messy situation just two short off season's ago. Period.

You do when in a single season he is 4-12 on Draft picks and when he took Geno when EVERYONE passed on him because of a perfect scouting report coming out of college

You don't change GM's every two years. Specially when the current GM inherited a very messy situation just two short off season's ago. Period.

Probably should've given Sporano another couple years to turn it around, too.

Sweet Christ.

Then it'll be up to the NY media to grill him at the intro presser. Not only over the Idzik hire, why he stuck w/Rex after Tanny was let go but also why he relies on non-football people like Ira, to make football decisions. Obviously all this IF Idzik is let go at seasons end.

How is it every 2 years? If Idz is rightfully canned, you'd have to go all the way back to Kotite for only a 2 year stint for a GM and he didn't even have the title.

Then it'll be up to the MY media to grill him at the intro presser. Not only over the Idzik hire, why he stuck w/Rex after Tanny was let go but also why he relies on non-football people like Ira, to make football decisions. Obviously all this IF Idzik is let go at seasons end.

Literally the day after Idzik and Rex are fired, Mehta will return to the Circus! storylines.

Jets have no one qualified to make football decisions. Neil Glatt is a boob. And we have the Johnson & Johnson guy in on the interviews too? I'm sure that goes over well. What a joke.

Neil Glat is a very successful and professional businessman. He has been in the NFL forever. But he shouldn't have anything to do with on the field decisions.

So OC and the GM positions are the one and the same for you and have the same benchmark.

Removing incompetence at any level, ASAP, is good business. Idzik is in way over his head. These last two years have been a waste. Continuing on this path would be stupidity.

Literally the day after Idzik and Rex are fired, Mehta will return to the Circus! storylines.

Well what do you want from a fake journalist- I could care less -I want qualified competent people running this organization as GM and coach

Removing incompetence at any level, ASAP, is good business. Idzik is in way over his head. These last two years have been a waste. Continuing on this path would be stupidity.

What I think is, while he has been far from perfect i don't think he deserves the fate because he has done enough good things and while this season has been a lost cause, its not like the JETS cannot spring back from these mistakes quickly. We have the cap room and we still have 6 picks next season with a potential for one additional comp pick. We have the potential to bring back Percy Harvin at reasonable price.

When Tanny left this organization we were god awful state with salary cap nightmare and no talent on the roster. The JETS are better off today in many ways.

What Idzik did not do well was drafting WR's this year, screwed up the middle rounds. I am still ok with him not overpaying for DRC who is helping Giants to a 3-5 record. Top of that no organization is impact proof from loss of 3 potential starting players at the same position.

So despite all the noise I hope Idzik stays. Firing him would be the classic case of throwing away the baby with the bathwater.

Archived