The 1st down that wasn't (Pats 1st down)

Maxman

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Seahawks were the most penalized team last year and won the SB

penalties are only a huge problem when your QB is inept.  At that point, every little mistake seems like a game-ender. 

Or when huge swathes of your defense are inept. Those PI calls the Patriots used to get on defense back in the 2011 season were brutal because our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed as is. With the addition of Revis and Browner, these penalties just haven't seemed to matter. In fact, in some of our games they just prolongued the defensive domination which has been fun to watch.

Thanks. 

bit's obviously having a completely different conversation than the rest of us. 

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

The Patriots are 4th in the league for penalties, 2nd in yards. Doesn't really fit well with your conspiracy theory that Kraft is paying off officials.

Question: Do you think Kraft physically pays them cash out in the parking lot or are swiss bank accounts involved? Walk me through the process of NFL corruption

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

The Patriots are 4th in the league for penalties, 2nd in yards. Doesn't really fit well with your conspiracy theory that Kraft is paying off officials.

Question: Do you think Kraft physically pays them cash out in the parking lot or are swiss bank accounts involved? Walk me through the process of NFL corruption

Yeah... I didn't claim a conspiracy. YOU said the Pats were the most penalized team in the league... you were wrong. 

It might be off by 10 degrees - not much more.  Which will make it very close.  But everything else about the play was strange too - not just the camera angle.  Like

• The non-call at the chains by the Ref
  • The chain gang not moving the chains after the play
  • The actual spot
  • The lack of any explanation

One other thing I don't think anyone has mentioned. I recall after the measurement was complete the official grabbed the chain with his fingers about an inch from the stick, just like they do when there is only a very short distance to gain, so the ball can be re'spotted accurately. 

Most of pats penalties have come on defensive side, primarily MR Browner who holds on every play. Holding calls on OL are drive killers, for the lack of talent on Pats OL, they are rarely called. Jets DL dominated them yesterday, how many holding calls were made?

Most of pats penalties have come on defensive side, primarily MR Browner who holds on every play. Holding calls on OL are drive killers, for the lack of talent on Pats OL, they are rarely called. Jets DL dominated them yesterday, how many holding calls were made?

ZERO.  Come on - we all know the Patsies don't hold on the OL.

NFL should determine attendance based on the number of fans going through the turnstiles, and not the number of tickets sold.

And subtract the number of visiting teams jerseys.

So called die hard Jets fans sold about half the stadium to the visiting team. The half that were there were waving Fire Idzik towels. Yeah, great fan base.

So called die hard Jets fans sold about half the stadium to the visiting team. The half that were there were waving Fire Idzik towels. Yeah, great fan base.

NFL should determine attendance based on the number of fans going through the turnstiles, and not the number of tickets sold.

There were very few Cowboy fans up here, I knew two. There were and still are a lot of giant fans, my father was a giants fan and so were a lot of friends parents. And it is kind of hard to say if they are fair weather fans, If your 40 years old all you remember is The pats going to the SB in 86 and then Kraft and Parells more than 20 years ago. that is a whole generation that grew up with the Pats as the dominate team in the division.

If you want to see a real fan base go to Oakland. Oakland Coliseum was packed yesterday with fans roaring and they had nothing to root for going on 13 years.

the ref also held his hands two inches apart, signaling that they were short bad angle my azz 

The first words out of Mike Westhoff's mouth in the post game interview was about the officiating of this particular play and it's aftermath. " I don't want that official measuring  gimme putts"

then stop the guy a foot sooner and it isn't an issue

Again... I think you are missing the point of the discussion. The Jets lost the game for a variety of reasons - not this one play.  The thread is a commentary on the strange set of circumstances that occurred, not a commentary on why the Jets lost.

Again... I think you are missing the point of the discussion. The Jets lost the game for a variety of reasons - not this one play.  The thread is a commentary on the strange set of circumstances that occurred, not a commentary on why the Jets lost.

there is nothing strange about it.  they guy who had his face 12" from the marker and the ball called it a first down.  that's his job

there is nothing strange about it.  they guy who had his face 12" from the marker and the ball called it a first down.  that's his job

Actually, I think that was the guy who grabbed the chain with his fingers about an inch from the stick, as if he was preparing to re-spot the ball accurately for the upcoming 4th down.

or further, with 4 minutes left and the PATS have the ball, the chances of the great REX defense getting a stop are also moot.

It will be a breathe of fresh air not to hear 25 times every game what a great defensive mind Rex is.

His defenses over the 6 years rarely came up with a big stop in a last minutes of a game.

It will be a breathe of fresh air not to hear 25 times every game what a great defensive mind Rex is.

His defenses over the 6 years rarely came up with a big stop in a last minutes of a game.

The beginning of discussion of disbelief in the vaunted defense of the Rex, the Emperor in no clothes for me began in the late stages of a game in Denver when he and his defensive schemes allowed the incredibly incompetent Timmy Tebow to slash and dash and even pass for 95 yards or so to score the winning TD for the Broncos

Archived