Casserly looking at Todd Bowles as HC for Jets..?

ebonix

www.ganggreenation.com

It would make sense, therefore, that if Casserly is helping guide the search, that we should take a good, hard look at Todd Bowles.

Bowles was born in Elizabeth, New Jersey, and went to Temple University, alma mater of Muhammad Wilkerson and Jaiquawn Jarrett. After a long playing career, Bowles became a defensive backs coach for the Jets in 2000. For four years, he was the secondary coach and assistant head coach for the Miami Dolphins, and replaced Tony Sparano for three games after he was fired. In those games, the Dolphins went 2-1. After a stint as the defensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles, Bowles is now the defensive coordinator of the Arizona Cardinals and one of the hottest coordinators on the market.

"He's a genius when it comes to personnel and figuring out what opponents are going to do and trying to stop them," said cornerback Jerraud Powers, who believes Bowles' mind works more like that of an offensive coach, melding his game plans around exploiting a player's skillset.

Andy Reid has said he thinks Bowles will make a great head coach, stating that he believes "he's level-headed. He sees the big picture of things. He's a good communicator. He understands the players. He's really a brilliant guy." Despite the loss of DE John Abraham, OLB Darnell Dockett, and ILB Daryl Washington, the Cardinals have given up the fourth fewest average points in the league per game, at just 18.6.

If Bowles is so good why didnt Andy Reid bring him to KC?  It's easy to be a successful DC with two shutdown CBs, above average safeties and a DE like Calais who commands a double team.  I was turned off on Sunday night how time and time again he put Larry Foote on an island against Wilson....didnt make proper adjustments.

I am not fond of Norv Turner either, however it is interesting that Phillip Rivers and the Chargers are no different with offensive genius McCoy at the helm....so was it all Norv's fault?  Also you have to give him kudos for what he has gotten out of Teddy Bridgewater and an offense that lost an all-world RB.

No way Harbaugh comes here, no Cowher no Shanahan and no Gruden.

so what's left....I would consider Kevin Sumlin from the college ranks....maybe Jim Haslett (a former Jet!), I think Leslie Frazier got a raw deal in Minn - maybe he deserves another chance...and finally Bevell or Quinn.

So are we hiring Bowles or Turner. Did Idzik and Rex get fired already? Damn Casserly moves fast! I would actually have no problem with Bowles as long as we can bring a strong OC in.

It wouldn't surprise me if Woody told Rex a few weeks ago that he would finish the season, but would not be coming back next year.  He seems to genuinely like and respect him, so I don't think he would keep Rex in the dark on his future with the team.

If Bowles is so good why didnt Andy Reid bring him to KC?  It's easy to be a successful DC with two shutdown CBs, above average safeties and a DE like Calais who commands a double team.  I was turned off on Sunday night how time and time again he put Larry Foote on an island against Wilson....didnt make proper adjustments.

I am not fond of Norv Turner either, however it is interesting that Phillip Rivers and the Chargers are no different with offensive genius McCoy at the helm....so was it all Norv's fault?  Also you have to give him kudos for what he has gotten out of Teddy Bridgewater and an offense that lost an all-world RB.

No way Harbaugh comes here, no Cowher no Shanahan and no Gruden.

so what's left....I would consider Kevin Sumlin from the college ranks....maybe Jim Haslett (a former Jet!), I think Leslie Frazier got a raw deal in Minn - maybe he deserves another chance...and finally Bevell or Quinn.

Yep, I don't want Norv Turner , either. He's been too much of a failure as HC.  It all really depends on who the GM is.  Say 5 novenas Woody hires the right guys for once.   We live in interesting times.

guy

Breaking News:  Casserly has already decided to part ways with Norv Turner and is negotiating with Bowles.  Casserly thanked Norv for all the great work he did in his 17 hours with the organization but it was time to go in a new direction.  Bowles has been made aware of the fact that upon signing, he'll be on the  hot seat.  All negotiations are taking place in at John Idzik's desk, it's getting a little bit awkward.

Andy Reid loved him so much he left him in Philly and hired Bob Sutton from the J-E-T-S as his DC in KC. Sounds like this guy has a good agent.. all hype.

Maybe Bowles got a better offer from AZ. Maybe Bowles did not enjoy coaching w/ andy reid. Where was it said reid was dissatisfied with bowles as his coordinator?

The only certain thing is that Casserly hasn't said anything about anything to either the media jerk with the Norv scoop or this media jerk with his Bowles scoop

More of the Manish-itis epidemic infecting all sports media

Archived