Wrecks says he'll win SB as a head coach.

Bob

I can't wait for this clown to be wearing a color other than green.

http://nesn.com/2014/12/jets-rex-ryan-i-absolutely-will-win-a-super-bowl-as-a-head-coach/

Maybe Santa can give Rex Ryan a dose of reality this holiday season. The New York Jets head coach again baffled the world Tuesday by proclaiming that he thinks he’ll someday win a Super Bowl as a staff leader. “I see myself winning it as a head coach,” Ryan told reporters Tuesday after Jets practice. “I definitely see it. If that happens, I guess we’ll find out.” Ryan, whose Jets enter Sunday’s season finale at 3-12, apparently was given an opportunity to explain himself following Tuesday’s declaration. After all, he tends to get carried away from time to time. The self-assured coach didn’t balk, though. Instead, he reiterated his stance without hesitation. “Absolutely,” Ryan told reporters when asked to clarify whether he meant winning a Super Bowl. “I don’t need to win something else like the Snoopy (Bowl) trophy. I’ve won that a couple of times. I’m confident I can win it again.” There’s a fine line between confident and delusional, and Ryan is teetering on the edge. He helped guide the Jets to back-to-back AFC Championship Games in 2009 and 2010, but New York has failed to finish above .500 or make the playoffs each of the last four seasons. It would be surprising if Ryan kept his job past Monday. “I was given some gifts and obviously a lot less in other areas, but I can coach football,” Ryan said Tuesday. “And I know that. … I think that’s what gives me the belief that one day I’m going to win that thing. “That’s how I feel. And that’s it. I guess that’s just the way I’m wired. I don’t look at myself as a three-win coach. I know I’m better than that, but this is where we’re at right now.” If there’s one saving grace, it’s that Ryan seemingly understands his audacity could be construed as crazy talk. “People are going to say, ‘That’s crazy. You’ve won three games,’” Ryan said of his continued confidence. “Yeah, that’s right. We won three games and that’s one year. Sure, it hasn’t gone well. I always am a confident person.” Sounds like Rex might have hit the eggnog a few days too early.

http://nesn.com/2014/12/jets-rex-ryan-i-absolutely-will-win-a-super-bowl-as-a-head-coach/

Maybe Santa can give Rex Ryan a dose of reality this holiday season. The New York Jets head coach again baffled the world Tuesday by proclaiming that he thinks he’ll someday win a Super Bowl as a staff leader. “I see myself winning it as a head coach,” Ryan told reporters Tuesday after Jets practice. “I definitely see it. If that happens, I guess we’ll find out.” Ryan, whose Jets enter Sunday’s season finale at 3-12, apparently was given an opportunity to explain himself following Tuesday’s declaration. After all, he tends to get carried away from time to time. The self-assured coach didn’t balk, though. Instead, he reiterated his stance without hesitation. “Absolutely,” Ryan told reporters when asked to clarify whether he meant winning a Super Bowl. “I don’t need to win something else like the Snoopy (Bowl) trophy. I’ve won that a couple of times. I’m confident I can win it again.” There’s a fine line between confident and delusional, and Ryan is teetering on the edge. He helped guide the Jets to back-to-back AFC Championship Games in 2009 and 2010, but New York has failed to finish above .500 or make the playoffs each of the last four seasons. It would be surprising if Ryan kept his job past Monday. “I was given some gifts and obviously a lot less in other areas, but I can coach football,” Ryan said Tuesday. “And I know that. … I think that’s what gives me the belief that one day I’m going to win that thing. “That’s how I feel. And that’s it. I guess that’s just the way I’m wired. I don’t look at myself as a three-win coach. I know I’m better than that, but this is where we’re at right now.” If there’s one saving grace, it’s that Ryan seemingly understands his audacity could be construed as crazy talk. “People are going to say, ‘That’s crazy. You’ve won three games,’” Ryan said of his continued confidence. “Yeah, that’s right. We won three games and that’s one year. Sure, it hasn’t gone well. I always am a confident person.” Sounds like Rex might have hit the eggnog a few days too early.

maybe you should put rex in the warper for the last game just to make sure he loses. 

maybe you should put rex in the warper for the last game just to make sure he loses. 

I had forgotten about The Warper. Just looked, and it's not there, anymore. The free webhost I was using probably ditched the page due to lack of use. I doubt I'll rebuild it, and certainly not today. Not even sure I still have that JAVA applet.

I had forgotten about The Warper. Just looked, and it's not there, anymore. The free webhost I was using probably ditched the page due to lack of use. I doubt I'll rebuild it, and certainly not today. Not even sure I still have that JAVA applet.

No Warper? This isn't a world i want to live in. 

100% agreed.  Franchise QB and an adult OC away.  

Our roster and the PATS roster have changed almost 80 percent or more since 2009.  yet they stay as a 11 to 12 win team. of course, Brady, but its much more.

Management of the NY Jets is below average. Woody, REX and our parade of GM's all pretend to know and have what it takes.

The record shows otherwise.

Trade up to get Mark, Tebow, SB predictions, poor timeouts, let Cotch walk,no discipline, blown drafts.

Think about this. Gronkowski was available but we took Wilson.  

Jimmy Graham was available but we took Vlad.

That my friends is your REX, Tanny, era NY JETS and Idzik appears worse.

Hindsight is 20/20. At the time, I had no issue with taking Wilson. I thought it was a stroke of genius. What better way to counteract the trend of pass-happy teams then by having three legitimate corner backs? Granted, it didn't turn out that way, but there was not a team in the 2010 draft that didn't have Wilson rated as a 1st Rounder.

We all know how bad Rex is. However, it's alarming what lengths people will go to just to sh*t on someone...a Jets fan posting an NESN article written by a historically nonobjective writer, to enable the ridiculing of someone who won't be part of our team past Sunday evening. 

Also, I wonder what the context was- did Rex offer this up on his own or was he asked point blank if he thinks he'll win a super bowl as a HC? Of course, this article wouldn't mention it, but I'd be willing to wager that he was asked that question, and responded as anyone should. The day he answers that question with a "No" is the last day of his coaching career.

See, that's why Rex needs to be pitched forceably out the fukkin' door.  Ideally covered in animal fecal matter, which has been doused in sterno and lit on fire.

I think there is no more delusional human being on earth.  No matter what, keep spewing the tripe which has brought you nothing but no playoff appearances the last four years.

Hey, Rex, remember when you got here six years ago (let that sit a while in your mind) and promised us a Super Bowl?  Enjoy being a below average HC with some other organization which is stupid enough to hire you.  

Could he?  Sure.

For example, the 49ers would be a nice spot for him.  

Get him  a good to great QB Coach/OC to fix Kap.  Let him fix the D.  I imagine he would be a welcome change to the players after Harbaugh. 

Let him ride the wave of pre-existing talent before it dries up.

No one could win a SB with the QBs he had. If he's in the right place right time he could easily win one. Look at BB.

IMO give REX Flacco or Matt Ryan and they would be below average. REX is partly to blame for HIS team not developing a QB.

He Ok'd Tebow coming in and he runs a team who runs the wildcat.

Nuff said.....

We all know how bad Rex is. However, it's alarming what lengths people will go to just to sh*t on someone...a Jets fan posting an NESN article written by a historically nonobjective writer, to enable the ridiculing of someone who won't be part of our team past Sunday evening.

sounds a lot like some of the posters on this board

IMO give REX Flacco or Matt Ryan and they would be below average. REX is partly to blame for HIS team not developing a QB.

He Ok'd Tebow coming in and he runs a team who runs the wildcat.

Nuff said.....

Matt Ryan and Flacco would be in the pro bowl and playoffs in this team. Geno shouldn't be in the nfl.

Nuff said

If some well managed team props Rex up and surrounds him with the right support -- effectively using him a HC figurehead, full time DC and motivator -- it is not out of the question.  Not probably, even in this crazy scenario.  Got to love his confidence or delusional outlook.  Take your pick.

Archived