Did the NY Jets ruin Geno Smith YOU decide

joewilly12

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno did look good in that video (especially the play starting at 1:09).  But it's a different game in the NFL w/ faster and stronger players.  

Football is football though I agree the NFL is alot tougher but I still dont think he has been coached properly and given the right opportunities by the OCs that have been here for him 2 slugs Sparano and MM both suck ass

The guy, whom everyone passed on once, is just not very good. He makes poor decisions, is wily inaccurate, and ha actually regressed from last year in many facets of his game. He wasn't ruined by the Jets, he was January exposed as what he really was: mediocre trending on below average.

Bollinger,Clemens,Brunell,Sanchez,McElroyTebow,Vick amongst others all disagree its been a downward spiral here for QBs 

Matt Cavanaugh and David Lee some real superstars..........NOT 

Bollinger,Clemens,Brunell,Sanchez,McElroyTebow,Vick amongst others all disagree its been a downward spiral here for QBs

Matt Cavanaugh and David Lee some real superstars..........NOT

Seriously with that list? The QBs have been bad. I bet Sanchez could have been a serviceable starter. Geno looks like a career 3rd stringer. The rest are has beens and never weres.

thats a sh*t load of talent.....NOT

Seriously with that list? The QBs have been bad. I bet Sanchez could have been a serviceable starter. Geno looks like a career 3rd stringer. The rest are has beens and never weres.

Our QBs suck theres a reason for it other than blaming the players who had decent college careers. 

Our QBs suck theres a reason for it other than blaming the players who had decent college careers.

I don't doubt that the regimes we've had in the past have been ill equipped to deal with young quarterbacks, but talent is talent. You either have it or you don't. The guys they've brought in just haven't had it and haven't gotten it either.

I don't doubt that the regimes we've had in the past have been ill equipped to deal with young quarterbacks, but talent is talent. You either have it or you don't. The guys they've brought in just haven't had it and haven't gotten it either.

Not every team gets a blue chip QB out of the draft Brady,Luck,Manning,Brees are the few the Jets seem to ruin QBs and there play on the field regresses considerably from the college level. 

Im not giving up on Geno Smith. 

You must've loved Sanchize.

I did when he was winning and surrounded by talent then the Jets took all that talent away and left it up to Mark Sanchez alone and he failed miserably. 

He took us 2 years in a row to the AFC Championship 2009-2010 game not an easy task for any QB. 

Im not giving up on Geno Smith. 

Good for you - when you're not wasting time, money, or energy cheering on this mouth breather - make sure you get to Disneyworld with any additional vacation. It seems like a place you would fit well at.

Geno Smith makes one honest admission, one brash prediction

December 24, 2014 | 4:48pm

Modal Trigger

genopursed.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
Geno Smith said Wednesday of his 2014 performance: "I underachieved."Photo: Bill Kostroun

Geno Smith is not delusional.

Contrary to what you may have read or heard, the second-year Jets quarterback knows he has not played well enough this season.

“I underachieved this year,” Smith told The Post on Wednesday.

It was an admission from Smith, who usually tries to remain positive when speaking to the media and because of that sometimes sounds like he’s in denial. But Smith knows just 10 touchdowns and 13 interceptions this season are not getting it done. He knows his play is part of the reason the Jets are 3-12 and facing a major organizational overhaul.

“It’s heartbreaking,” Smith said of the way this season has gone.

Smith, 24, entered this year confident he would improve over an up-and-down rookie season. Instead, there was little visible improvement and things that were excused in 2013 as rookie mistakes were seen as troubling signs in 2014.

This Sunday in his hometown of Miami, Smith will start the 30th game of his NFL career. He insists that despite statistics that may not show it, he has gotten better this year.

Modal Triggergeno2point.jpg?w=300

Geno Smith goes for the two-point conversion Wednesday at Jets practice.Photo: Bill Kostroun

“I do believe that I’ve improved,” Smith said. “I do believe that I’ve improved to the point where I can go out there and be very productive. I’ve seen it in myself. I’ve seen the improvement in myself. The game is definitely slowing down. It feels a lot easier. I know a lot more. Experience is always a factor. I gained a bunch of experience this year.”

Jets owner Woody Johnson is expected to overhaul the organization after the season. Both general manager John Idzik and coach Rex Ryan, the men who drafted him, are expected to be fired. Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and quarterbacks coach David Lee may be fired as well. A new regime may choose to move on from Smith. At the very least, they will bring in true competition for the starting quarterback spot. Smith is undaunted by this, saying he believes he will be part of the solution for the Jets going forward.

“I see myself being the quarterback here for a long time,” he said in the locker room Wednesday. “I see myself helping this team turn things around. Obviously, I’m a part of the reason why we are in this position, so I’d love to be a part of the solution.”

Mornhinweg, who has coached tons of quarterbacks in the NFL, said Wednesday the book is not closed on Smith after just two years.

“I think he’s got a real chance and an opportunity to become a good quarterback,” he said. “Now, that’s going to be up to him. … We’ll see. He’s got an opportunity to be really good. He’s young, talented, bright. He works hard with his preparation. He has an awful lot of really good qualities. We’ll see. Nobody’s got the crystal ball, but usually when you work hard and you prepare and you’re talented, good things start happening at some point.”

Smith has not just struggled on the field this year. He has had some off-field mistakes,missing a meeting and cursing at a fan. Smith also has made a few missteps dealing with the media, and quotes have blown up on him. Smith worries those misinterpreted quotes might be influencing how people see him.

“The perception of me is definitely not accurate,” Smith told The Post. “I don’t know what the reason is, but a lot of things get misunderstood and then once it’s out there, it’s out there and you can’t get it back. I’m not going to fight those battles.”

What does he want fans to know?

“I don’t think everyone believes it, but I think certain people see me as a person who doesn’t work hard,” Smith said. “Fans should know that I’m always putting my best foot forward. I’m always working hard. I’m doing what it takes to be a leader of this team and to help this team win.”

Football is football though I agree the NFL is alot tougher but I still dont think he has been coached properly and given the right opportunities by the OCs that have been here for him 2 slugs Sparano and MM both suck ass

Sparano never coached him. Coaches rarely do anything to coach up a player. Either the player has it, or he doesn't.

U think Chip coached up Foles last yr? If so, what happened this yr n why isn't Sanchez the most improved QB in the league? Sanchez was decent here too when he had WRs to throw to. I believe Geno can be average too. He needs a very strong supporting cast to be average-above average.

I did when he was winning and surrounded by talent then the Jets took all that talent away and left it up to Mark Sanchez alone and he failed miserably. 

He took us 2 years in a row to the AFC Championship 2009-2010 game not an easy task for any QB. 

LOL.  We made the Championship game in spite of having an inept QB under center, not because of it.  

Archived