Do you give up Mo or Sheldon in a trade to move up in the draft?

CobraVerde

Do you give up Mo or Sheldon in a trade to move up in the draft?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give up Mo or Sheldon in a trade to move up in the draft?

• Yes Give up Wilkerson
    • Yes, Give up Richardson
    • No. Keep them both Stay at the six spot
    • Trade them both for picks,
    • Move down in the draft for more picks.

If we land Suh in free agency I'd switch to a 4 man D-line with Coples, Harrison, Suh and Richardson.

Wilkerson will be HUGE trade bait if Rex gets another HC job. He will give up anything for Mo, and I think he's simply not worth it. He's expecting a Watt-like pay day, and he's not at that level.

Buy low and sell high.

Suh is a garbage human. No thanks.

Richardson is going no where on a rookie contract so he should not even be an option in this poll.

Wilkerson as much as he's loved by Jets fans IS tradeable because we have so much depth on the D-Line. That does not mean we need to trade him, its going to come down to what Wilk wants to be paid ..If he asks for ridiculous money it certainly makes it very possible. If you are going to trade a good player like Wilk, you do it because you have good players behind him that can step in and produce and still be one of the better D-lines in the game which frees up money to use in areas of weakness.

Lots of scenarios to think about here I guess it will come down to what's available in the draft and whether or not the New GM feels we should stock up more picks. It also may come into play that the New GM thinks Mariota hung the moon and wants to move in that direction.

Generally speaking, good teams don't trade good, homegrown talent before their first FA contract in the hopes of drafting good players.

Good teams surround those good, homegrown players with more good, homegrown players.

Otherwise the team is in the zero-sum gain business, which the Jets usually find themselves in.

So what say you about Revis ?

I get what your saying but this team is stacked on the D-Line and in those situations a rebuilding team would not be crazy to let a big pay day walk. If Wilk demands A large amount of money then when Sheldons contract comes up in a few years you have a dilemma .

I guess is we get a new HC who wants to run a 4-3 Wilk may be off limits

I get what your saying but this team is stacked on the D-Line and in those situations a rebuilding team would not be crazy to let a big pay day walk. If Wilk demands A large amount of money then when Sheldons contract comes up in a few years you have a dilemma .

Sorry Coples is NO Mo and his contract also is up in near future

I said "good teams ..."

Will has only one year left before he hits FA and we have to either franchise him or extend him. So it's not a stupid suggestion however the only player I move up for is Cooper.

Would not trade up for mariota

so a win vs the fins costs us wilkerson to get cooper? i hate this idea. i'd trade wilk to move up only if our new gm thinks mariota is worth it. and only after i already signed suh.

so a win vs the fins costs us wilkerson to get cooper? i hate this idea. i'd trade wilk to move up only if our new gm thinks mariota is worth it. and only after i already signed suh.

Wait, I thought we were trading Wilk cuz "he wants to get paid"? I guess Suh is willing to sign a vets minimum!

It's the post season. Like, the stupid post season.

Wait, I thought we were trading Wilk cuz "he wants to get paid"? I guess Suh is willing to sign a vets minimum!

trading wilkerson to get cooper is absolutely stupid. the only thing that should happen is we give wilk a shiny new contract. we have the money, it makes zero sense to get rid of, arguably our best player, for a wr when there are so many free agent wr's that could help immensely.

With $40 Mil in cap space for next year(over-the-cap) and another $10 mil in re-working Brick/Harvin/CJ contracts the Jets should extend Mo for around $8-9 mil/yr. With Brick due $40 mil over the next 3 yrs.

Sign a veteran QB not named Vick (Moore, Locker, Ponder, Hill) OL  Iupati and a true FS.

Then go BAP in the draft

I would expect the Jets to draft a LT in this draft in the 1st 3 rds. along with a CB  and WR.

If we could sign Maclin, I'd drop Harvin in a heartbeat! Doubt he'd sign here with our QB situation being what it is.

With $40 Mil in cap space for next year(over-the-cap) and another $10 mil in re-working Brick/Harvin/CJ contracts the Jets should extend Mo for around $8-9 mil/yr. With Brick due $40 mil over the next 3 yrs.

Sign a veteran QB not named Vick (Moore, Locker, Ponder, Hill) OL  Iupati and a true FS.

Then go BAP in the draft

I would expect the Jets to draft a LT in this draft in the 1st 3 rds. along with a CB  and WR.

If we could sign Maclin, I'd drop Harvin in a heartbeat! Doubt he'd sign here with our QB situation being what it is.

Why would wilkenson sign for 50% less than Mccoy, Watt, or 25%less than Geno Atkins 2 years after Atkins signs his deal. Why will CJ cut his 4mill salary to stay with the jets? He complained about not getting carries already and now you think he is going to rework his deal? Do You think Detroit would give him more than the jets?

And please tell me how the jets are going to put any pressure on Ferguson when if they cut him they will only save 2 mill on the cap and they will then need another LT, now next year if might make more sense. But this year he is getting paid around 6mill, he will get that from 10 other teams.

Now Harvin I totally agree with, no team will pay him 10.5, and if he leaves big deal.

Why would wilkenson sign for 50% less than Mccoy, Watt, or 25%less than Geno Atkins 2 years after Atkins signs his deal. Why will CJ cut his 4mill salary to stay with the jets? He complained about not getting carries already and now you think he is going to rework his deal? Do You think Detroit would give him more than the jets?

And please tell me how the jets are going to put any pressure on Ferguson when if they cut him they will only save 2 mill on the cap and they will then need another LT, now next year if might make more sense. But this year he is getting paid around 6mill, he will get that from 10 other teams.

Now Harvin I totally agree with, no team will pay him 10.5, and if he leaves big deal.

#1 We're not looking to pressure Brick by cutting him... I'd expect he'd be willing to restructure some of that $11mil into a signing bonus and front load that $14 mil due next year. No way Brick sees 2017 at $14 mil. ($13 mil cap saving $1mil dead money hit)

#2 You save $2 mil in cap cutting CJ. I know there's a $1.75m dead money hit but I'd rather Ivory, Bilal + rookie RB

#3 I'd easily throw Harvin's money toward Maclin.

#4 Now Wilkerson: You use Atkins as an example... I think this kind of contract would work nicely for Jets. Especially with the Jets holding the 5th year option and a possible Tag in the future.

Zero chance he comes close to Watt. When McCoy signed this year he was set to become a FA. TB had few options considering their cap projections in 2015. Throw these two contracts out. I see Mo in the Atkins/Suh range... High 50's to mid 60's

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Cincinnati Be Pro Bowl defensive tackle Geno Atkins' $54.755 million contract includes a $15 million signing bonus, according to a league source.

The deal doesn't have guaranteed base salaries.

Atkins has a $4 million base salary for 2013 and a $7.123 million salary-cap figure.

In 2014, Atkins is due a $2.7 million base salary, a $3 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the league year a $300,000 workout bonus and carries a $9 million salary-cap figure. He has a $100,000 incentive clause if he's named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

In 2015, Atkins has a $5.7 million base salary, the $300,000 workout bonus and the same $100,000 incentive clause for a salary-cap figure of $9 million.

In 2016, Atkins has a $6.6 million base salary and the same previous workout bonuses and incentive clause with a $9.6 million salary-cap figure.

In 2017, Atkins has a $7.3 million base salary and the same annual workout bonuses and incentive clause. His salary-cap figure is $10.6 million.

In the final year of the contract in 2018, Atkins is due a $9.25 million base salary with the same annual workout bonuses and incentive clauses for a $9.55 million salary-cap figure.

Suh made the Pro Bowl and All Pro as a rookie and has a total of 3 Pro Bowls and 2 All Pro's. Mo is a very good player but he's not Elite..

I'd float the possibility of trading Mo, and see what kind of offers I get. I don't think I use him to move up, but if the new GM thinks he can land a franchise QB by doing exactly that, then he should do it. The Jets have enough talent at DL to move forward without him. It would also give them another $7M to work with in free agency - not that they're hurting in that department, but not insignificant, either.

Suh made the Pro Bowl and All Pro as a rookie and has a total of 3 Pro Bowls and 2 All Pro's. Mo is a very good player but he's not Elite..

Suh is an upgrade, no doubt. He will also demand a contract North of $15m per. Mo will get around $10m per. Not to mention, Suh is a nutcase without a brain. Cheap shots every year. 

Suh is a garbage human. No thanks.

Can't agree more. Wilkerson is 1 million times a better human being. Family man, positive attitude, he's also a local guy which is a bonus. But he isn't half as disruptive or impactful as Suh.

Every championship team has one or two scumbags, and they are usually tolerated because of their insane talent. I like Mo, but I am sure we will over pay for him. It's almost impossible to over pay form Suh. He's #2 in my opinion to Watt as best D linemen in the league. Combined with Richardson, Coples and Harrsion. Unstoppable 4 man front.

But I know there is about a .0001% chance this happens and about a .000001% chance this will be a popular idea with Jets fans.

I still wouldn't move one of those players to move up in the draft a couple of spots.  Maybe I would do it if the unquestioned QB of the future was sitting there and we had a chance to move up to get him, but not for a WR, especially when we have nobody to throw him the ball at this point.

Now, granted, that could change depending on what we do in FA, but based on what we currently have, I'd hold onto the #6 pick, Mo, and Richardson.

We're not getting a qb in this draft unless we take a project somewhere in the middle rounds.  So it's either Geno or some mediocre journeyman at QB and if that's the case you better be stacked as hell at the WR and Tight End positions otherwise the 4-12 seasons are going to be an every year occurrence.

Amari Cooper is the ideal pick for us but I don't think he falls to 6.  He's too good and too many teams picking ahead of us can use a receiver.

I hate when people start wanting to trade the only good players on a team. I can't believe I even responded to this thread. There's only one Jet I would even consider to trade. That's Coples. Jets have $40 million in cap space to fill holes.

This question is impossible to answer without knowing the new coaches and system that will be put in place.  With that said, it's highly unlikely that the Jets are going to trade either of their top 2 players on the defensive line / team.

I can see some potential shake ups with the position if the Jets switch to a 4-3, but these moves will most likely involve players like Coples, Harrison, Ellis, and Douzable.  Wilkerson and Richardson will be a force on the inside of a four man front, they both have the athleticism and flexibility to shuffle to the end spots, and they're both still on their rookie contracts.

Archived