Going For DeCosta

KRL

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As they should:

Ian RapoportVerified account ‏@RapSheet 24m24 minutes ago

#Jets are expected to make a significant push for #Ravens assistant GM Eric DeCosta, per source. Many have tried for the respected executive

I read that he is contractually set up to become the next GM after Ozzie.

This will be interesting because if you're DeCosta how long do you "wait" for

Ozzie Newsome to retire.  It doesn't seem like that's going to happen anytime

soon

Unless they bump Ozzie to President of Football Operations and DeCosta as GM. It's only a title game but they give him a pay raise to boot.

If I were him I would ant to put my own stamp on an organization... not just be the guy to keep the ship heading straight

They won't get him, as I can't see him taking the Jets job after having turned down so many in the past.  

Still, they have to try, and hopefully this is the year that he's finally decided he'll have to wait too long for his turn in Baltimore and decides to move on.

DeCosta is just the name everyone knows. He may be great, but who knows? I'm glad they're out there turning over every rock, though.

People know his name because he is a coveted candidate every year.

Too bad, they can't use Rex. 

We took a crack at Decosta 2 years ago, and he shrugged us off... when the parameter was "keep Rex". So yea... 

DeCosta is just the name everyone knows. He may be great, but who knows? I'm glad they're out there turning over every rock, though.

It is but I think its for good reason.  Ozzie is solid and he's had to learn a thing or two from him.

Also, Steve Bisciotti is one the best businessmen in the country.  You'd think he's learned a little bit from him as well.

None of of us know sh*t... but Ravens are good every year, do better then average in drafting and this guy doesn't have an accountants background. Better chance this works out then hiring the cap guy from the Oakland Raiders

Unless they bump Ozzie to President of Football Operations and DeCosta as GM. It's only a title game but they give him a pay raise to boot.

If I were him I would ant to put my own stamp on an organization... not just be the guy to keep the ship heading straight

As soon as Ozzie retires it's a cocktail napkin that reads, "I resign as the GM of the CB."

Agreed.. I have no idea what his motivations are for staying put, maybe its family reasons? Generally speaking, I'd prefer the guy who would want to come here and fix something that's been broken for a long long time. Also NYC. This job has to be the biggest challenge out there, and we have an early pick and plenty of CAP space

This will be interesting because if you're DeCosta how long do you "wait" for

Ozzie Newsome to retire.  It doesn't seem like that's going to happen anytime

soon

it might be sooner than people realize. Ozzie's the man but he had alot of faith in Ray Rice. And that didn't go well. 

Wish people would stop bringing up his name. He's not leaving Baltimore. It's a great organization, they're winning, he built that place up, he has all the scouts in place that he trusts, he has been declining every job interview for the last 10 years with other teams. He's not gonna leave now when Ozzie is about to retire next year so that some other guy can just come in and profit off of all the hard work he put in. It's just NOT happening. Move on.

Agreed.. I have no idea what his motivations are for staying put, maybe its family reasons? Generally speaking, I'd prefer the guy who would want to come here and fix something that's been broken for a long long time. Also NYC. This job has to be the biggest challenge out there, and we have an early pick and plenty of CAP space

Agreed. This job is more enticing than people make it out to be. It's definitely a challenge, no doubt about that.

Wish people would stop bringing up his name. He's not leaving Baltimore. It's a great organization, they're winning, he built that place up, he has all the scouts in place that he trusts, he has been declining every job interview for the last 10 years with other teams. He's not gonna leave now when Ozzie is about to retire next year so that some other guy can just come in and profit off of all the hard work he put in. It's just NOT happening. Move on.

I knew you were smart.

Agreed. This job is more enticing than people make it out to be. It's definitely a challenge, no doubt about that.

enticing for the right guy, it's fraught with danger as well.. rabid media, a fan base that is more impatient then most

Archived