Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

The issue as I have said before is that BB discovered that footballs inflated to lower pressures are fumbled at a measurably lower rate.  The problem is that 12.5 PSI gave a small advantage over 13.5 PSI but a 10.5 PSI inflation gave a much bigger advantage in terms of moving the fumble number. 

The Patriots simply could not resist.

<edited to add>

The fumble statistics are enough in an of themsleves. Mathematicians would tell you this is all the proof that is needed to know that there was a different variable in play for the Patriots.  And no, that variable is not just better coaching.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue as I have said before is that BB discovered that footballs inflated to lower pressures are fumbled at a measurably lower rate.  The problem is that 12.5 PSI gave a small advantage over 13.5 PSI but a 10.5 PSI inflation gave a much bigger advantage in terms of moving the fumble number. 

The Patriots simply could not resist.

Exactly

Actually, amused at the utter simplicity of thought exhibited on these pages and in the media.

Beats the tortured "logic" that your lot have to use in order to maintain your collective "nothing wrong was done" positions.

At some point the excuses coming out of Foxboro have to offend even the biggest simpleton's sense of rational probability here.  And I do mean simpletons.  Either that, or your all know that cheating was and has been actively going on for years and scoff at the rest of the league for their inability to figure that out.

0% chance an assistant equipment manager would on his own initiative screw about with balls (had to get one in) without brady's endorsement, if not request. Gee let me mess with the equipment without telling anyone. That will help us win.

Beats the tortured "logic" that your lot have to use in order to maintain your collective "nothing wrong was done" positions.

At some point the excuses coming out of Foxboro have to offend even the biggest simpleton's sense of rational probability here.  And I do mean simpletons.  Either that, or your all know that cheating was and has been actively going on for years and scoff at the rest of the league for their inability to figure that out.

This

/thread

0% chance an assistant equipment manager would on his own initiative screw about with balls (had to get one in) without brady's endorsement, if not request. Gee let me mess with the equipment without telling anyone. That will help us win.

This goes farther than Brady it's an organizational fix to make balls easier to grip, throw, catch and not fumble.

If the earlier analysis is correct then 2007 was the year when Patriots fumbling first significantly managed to diverge from the rest of the league norms.  If that is correct then the Patriots have been successfully doctoring footballs in this way for 7-8 years.

Right about the same time they promised to go forth and sin no more actually.

This goes farther than Brady it's an organizational fix to make balls easier to grip, throw, catch and not fumble.

you are probably right. but there is no way brady did not know. he either told him to do it, or knew about it and didn't stop it. there is no way that brady, or any NFL QB, wouldn't be able to tell a ball was deflated. it's ridiculous.

C'mon, you don't think Goodell is trying to give the his boy Kraft and the Patriots every possible out he and they can come up with? Were you born yesterday? Guaranfvckenteed he is behind the scenes orchestrating all these totally farcical Patriot press conferences

I think this is a bit over the top, but I do think there is some truth to it.

But until we see the response and actions by Goodell and the NFL, why the outrage and blame on DeflateGate on Goodell?  That doesn't make sense.

I think this is a bit over the top, but I do think there is some truth to it.

But until we see the response and actions by Goodell and the NFL, why the outrage and blame on DeflateGate on Goodell?  That doesn't make sense.

Are you Goodell's lawyer?  Or his wife?

If not, what difference does it make to you if fans think Goodell is doing a poor job or is corrupted by his close, personal, friendship with Kraft?

This may the oddest Internet White Knight I've ever seen.

Sounds farfetched, but maybe the kid went into the bathroom to take a leak.

Shocking for sure.

The equipment guys and Brady had ample time to break the balls in and methodically adjust the pressure to Brady's exact requirements. 

The 90-second bathroom visit is just a decoy that has nothing to do with anything. 

You guys are so laughable. If this was any previous commisioner, the would have called Kraft and said, "this or that is being alleged. If it's true, knock it off. We're going to check it on Sunday." And NONE of this overblown sh!t would have gone public. Goodell has done NO favors for the Pats on this ridiculously overblown story.

Goodell might've alerted the Pats beforehand. That could be the reason for the 12 backup balls Brady said they prepared.

And the only way Brady did not feel anything different is if footballs are deflated for every game.

Ok - do you really believe this was the first time?  Check the fumbling stats for the Pats at Foxboro over the past 5 years.

To take a piss?

This is not a ninja.  It is a ball boy that had 90 seconds to remove balls, defalte 11 balls and re-add balls.

They can be deflated with a bleeder valve while still in the bag. But why do a rush job in a bathroom?

If they had time to break them in, they had time to adjust air pressure. 

Ok - do you really believe this was the first time?  Check the fumbling stats for the Pats at Foxboro over the past 5 years.

Actually 7-8 years since the rule change to permit teams to "prepare" their own balls.

My comment was to address the notion that Brady "did not feel anything different" and be technically telling the truth while at the same time giving an impression which is the exact opposite.  

Are you Goodell's lawyer?  Or his wife?

If not, what difference does it make to you if fans think Goodell is doing a poor job or is corrupted by his close, personal, friendship with Kraft?

This may the oddest Internet White Knight I've ever seen.

His wife?  Why the jackass response?

It was a simple response, and it was not a response that had anything to do with the job Goodell is doing, I'm WELL aware of the conflict of interest his relationship with Kraft is creating, my position is that I want to see how Goodell responds to all of this, and that blaming Goodell on the surface for deflategate is preposterous UNTIL the NFL and league excercises a response and an action, which hasn't been done yet.

If anything, Kraft's impromptu PC off of the plane yesterday put his own "buddy' into an even worse position, because now if Goodell doesn't respond favorably to what on the surface appears to be another legit Patriot scandal, then he is digging his own grave.

To take a piss?

This is not a ninja. It is a ball boy that had 90 seconds to remove balls, defalte 11 balls and re-add balls.

He wouldn't need to remove the balls, just rotate them in the bag. Doable if you do it regularly, and seems like he's been doing it for years.

link?

(and even if proven true, I'm sure it will kill them to pay the $20k fine that the rule books states is the punishment. THAT'S how big a transgression the league thought it is BEFORE it involved the Pats)

Your embarrASSing yourself.

Not to mention there's video of this guy handling the footballs. So there goes that "theory" it was caused by the weather...

It hasn't been mentioned, because it doesn't exist. It's yet another perfect example, however, of how many Jets fans twist the truth into what they want to hear, instead of what actually ocurred. The video shows the ball boy going into the men's room for 90 seconds. Not "handling the footballs".

It hasn't been mentioned, because it doesn't exist. It's yet another perfect example, however, of how many Jets fans twist the truth into what they want to hear, instead of what actually ocurred. The video shows the ball boy going into the men's room for 90 seconds. Not "handling the footballs".

You're right we have to keep an open mind like you...How do you remain so impartial?

Did you see the video?

Archived