Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

This will only end everything temporarily. They will continue cheating like they have been for Mummbles entire career in NE.

If this ends with anything less then the proverbial "death penalty" for this sh*t show of a franchise, I'm done spending my hard earned cash of Goodell's nfl.

The way it looks now is the arrogant scumbags are spitting in the faces of every fan of the league outside their sheepish cult followers. Knowing they will escape punishment for essentially stealing 6 conference championships and at least 3 Super Bowls.

Hate to say it but the NFL has the credibility of the NBA of the 2000's.

Next season they'll change the game ball policy.

To put the fire out now will take a Seattle win on Sunday. That will render all cheating useless up to this point.

If NE wins we'll have a full-blown scamzilla raging on for months ...

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kraft: Apology owed if no findings

PHOENIX -- Patriots owner Robert Kraft made a surprise appearance at the team's opening news conference of Super Bowl XLIV on Monday, saying the NFL owed them an apology if its investigation over deflated footballs doesn't uncover wrongdoing.

"If the Wells investigation is not able to definitively determine that our organization tampered with the air pressure on the footballs, I would expect and hope that the league would apologize to our entire team, and in particular, coach [bill] Belichick and Tom Brady for what they have had to endure this past week," Kraft said, referring to attorney Ted Wells, who is leading the investigation with NFL executive vice president Jeff Pash

Wells previously conducted the league's probe into the Miami Dolphins' bullying scandal. 

Kraft, who did not take questions from reporters, fired back at how the story has generated momentum over the last week, saying in the prepared remarks he was "confident that this investigation will uncover whatever the facts were that took place last Sunday and the science of how game balls to react to changes in the environment."

"This would be in direct contrast to the public discourse which has been driven by media leaks as opposed to actual data and facts," said Kraft, one of the NFL's most influential owners. "Because of this, many jumped to conclusions and made strong accusations against our coach, quarterback and staff, questioning the integrity of all involved. ...

"I am disappointed in the way this entire matter has been handled and reported upon. We expect hard facts as opposed to circumstantial leaked evidence to draw a conclusion of this investigation."

Kraft also offered a decisive show of public support for Belichick and Brady.

"I want to make it clear that I believe unconditionally that the New England Patriots have done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of NFL rules," Kraft said.

"Tom, Bill and I have been together for 15 years. They are my guys. They are part of my family. And Bill, Tom and I have had many difficult discussions over the years, and I have never known them to lie to me. That is why I am confident in saying what I just said, and it bothers me greatly that their reputations and integrity, and by association that of our team, has been called into question this past week.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12233567/robert-kraft-new-england-patriots-expects-apology-nfl-find-deflategate-culprit

The NFL now makes the old WWF stuff look less staged...What a Shlt Show...Thanks Goodell you piece of crap shoe salesman

How the hell is this all Goodell's fault?  What is the angle with the Goodell hate?

Do I believe there is a conflict of interest with Goodell and Kraft, no doubt, but this is all an internal Patriot orchestration, Goodell isn't in on this, but he's now in a position where he and the league need to act on it, and they are doing that.

So why the Goodell hate?

Now, if nothing comes out of this, then I can see people having a problem...

Kraft: Apology owed if no findings

PHOENIX -- Patriots owner Robert Kraft made a surprise appearance at the team's opening news conference of Super Bowl XLIV on Monday, saying the NFL owed them an apology if its investigation over deflated footballs doesn't uncover wrongdoing.

"If the Wells investigation is not able to definitively determine that our organization tampered with the air pressure on the footballs, I would expect and hope that the league would apologize to our entire team, and in particular, coach [bill] Belichick and Tom Brady for what they have had to endure this past week," Kraft said, referring to attorney Ted Wells, who is leading the investigation with NFL executive vice president Jeff Pash

Wells previously conducted the league's probe into the Miami Dolphins' bullying scandal. 

Kraft, who did not take questions from reporters, fired back at how the story has generated momentum over the last week, saying in the prepared remarks he was "confident that this investigation will uncover whatever the facts were that took place last Sunday and the science of how game balls to react to changes in the environment."

"This would be in direct contrast to the public discourse which has been driven by media leaks as opposed to actual data and facts," said Kraft, one of the NFL's most influential owners. "Because of this, many jumped to conclusions and made strong accusations against our coach, quarterback and staff, questioning the integrity of all involved. ...

"I am disappointed in the way this entire matter has been handled and reported upon. We expect hard facts as opposed to circumstantial leaked evidence to draw a conclusion of this investigation."

Kraft also offered a decisive show of public support for Belichick and Brady.

"I want to make it clear that I believe unconditionally that the New England Patriots have done nothing inappropriate in this process or in violation of NFL rules," Kraft said.

"Tom, Bill and I have been together for 15 years. They are my guys. They are part of my family. And Bill, Tom and I have had many difficult discussions over the years, and I have never known them to lie to me. That is why I am confident in saying what I just said, and it bothers me greatly that their reputations and integrity, and by association that of our team, has been called into question this past week.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12233567/robert-kraft-new-england-patriots-expects-apology-nfl-find-deflategate-culprit

Wells said the investigation will take "at least several more weeks." It's a bit too soon for Krafthole to play the victim. 

How the hell is this all Goodell's fault? What is the angle with the Goodell hate?

Do I believe there is a conflict of interest with Goodell and Kraft, no doubt, but this is all an internal Patriot orchestration, Goodell isn't in on this, but he's now in a position where he and the league need to act on it, and they are doing that.

So why the Goodell hate?

Now, if nothing comes out of this, then I can see people having a problem...

Then you already see the problem. Everyone knows nothing will be done.

How the hell is this all Goodell's fault?  What is the angle with the Goodell hate?

So why the Goodell hate?

Now, if nothing comes out of this, then I can see people having a problem...

C'mon, you don't think Goodell is trying to give the his boy Kraft and the Patriots every possible out he and they can come up with? Were you born yesterday? Guaranfvckenteed he is behind the scenes orchestrating all these totally farcical Patriot press conferences

C'mon, you don't think Goodell is trying to give the his boy Kraft and the Patriots every possible out he and they can come up with? Were you born yesterday? Guaranfvckenteed he is behind the scenes orchestrating all these totally farcical Patriot press conferences

Yes, I have little doubt they have been working very closely together with a team of lawyers and PR people and everything we've seen to date has been a complete collaboration. 

What happened here was the national media took hold of this story (not just ESPN and NFL Network which they dictate the story and angle) and they've lost a bit of control - so you're seeing some panic and these bizarre press conferences...

You guys are so laughable. If this was any previous commisioner, the would have called Kraft and said, "this or that is being alleged. If it's true, knock it off. We're going to check it on Sunday." And NONE of this overblown sh!t would have gone public. Goodell has done NO favors for the Pats on this ridiculously overblown story.

Why do you guys ignore all the stories that talk of how the refs "check and certify" the balls pregame? "Yup, (squeezed a couple) looks good,. Thanks kid." No high tech instruments. No thoughough calibration. Nothing more than a cursory look. Why? Because up until last week, no one friggin' cared about the balls. The meager fine alone in the rules book should prove that.

But Nooooo...the Patriots! Kill em all!!!

The thing that's interesting is that the Patriots are not hated because they win. They're hated because they act like assholes. Brady with his whining to the refs, which he does. Belichick's treatment of the media.

If they were nice people, we might not be having this discussion. 

Kraft could have just been cool and calm in his presser. Instead he goes full gungho and "expects an apology".

That was a dick move.

You guys are so laughable. If this was any previous commisioner, the would have called Kraft and said, "this or that is being alleged. If it's true, knock it off. We're going to check it on Sunday." And NONE of this overblown sh!t would have gone public. Goodell has done NO favors for the Pats on this ridiculously overblown story.

The Patriots are definitely getting preferential treatment with this ridiculous dragged out investigation designed to end after the Super Bowl...This could have been over and done with the day of the game and fines and suspensions could have been handed out. The Patriots deflated balls to gain an advantage in cold rainy conditions, we all know it and the Commissioner knew it the minute it happened, this is all another sham by Goodell to minimize what the Patriots have done...Problem is the entire country is not falling for it this time...

It literally takes 1 second to place a needle in a ball and deflate it significantly. Balls are separated into labeled bags for each team, so there is no sorting that needs to happen. You could easily insert a needle and hold it for 2 seconds 12 times in a minute in a half. Hell, if done right you'd still haven a whole minute left to take a piss.

It literally takes 1 second to place a needle in a ball and deflate it significantly. Balls are separated into labeled bags for each team, so there is no sorting that needs to happen. You could easily insert a needle and hold it for 2 seconds 12 times in a minute in a half. Hell, if done right you'd still haven a whole minute left to take a piss.

I'm sure he was doing it in a hurry. Didn't want any official looking for him. AND why would he do it without Brady's consent?

The Patriots are definitely getting preferential treatment with this ridiculous dragged out investigation designed to end after the Super Bowl...This could have been over and done with the day of the game and fines and suspensions could have been handed out. The Patriots deflated balls to gain an advantage in cold rainy conditions, we all know it and the Commissioner knew it the minute it happened, this is all another sham by Goodell to minimize what the Patriots have done...Problem is the entire country is not falling for it this time...

Give it another six-ten weeks.  It'll be mostly forgotten when it's announced that no wrongdoing took place, it was :inset implausible maguffin here:, and that no penalties will be levied.

Announced, surely, on a Friday with much other news happening, to soften even that effect.

Goodell defends the league, and the league clearly feels a black eye of cheating looming over the integrity of the game is not in the best interests of the league.  

So he's killing it.  Slowly, drawn out, deflections and time and the short attention span of most Americans will do their work (seems Goodell would have made a great in-office politician, this is exactly what they do as well).

Pats win the Super Bowl, no sanctions, business as usual come 2015 season, and the cheating WILL continue.  

Anyone who thinks otherwise is, IMO, being hopelessly naive.

Why do you guys ignore all the stories that talk of how the refs "check and certify" the balls pregame? "Yup, (squeezed a couple) looks good,. Thanks kid." No high tech instruments. No thoughough calibration. Nothing more than a cursory look. Why? Because up until last week, no one friggin' cared about the balls. The meager fine alone in the rules book should prove that.

U MAD BRO?

Actually, amused at the utter simplicity of thought exhibited on these pages and in the media.

so the people who DIDN'T get distracted and sent into a giggly frenzy by the My Cousin Vinny reference are the simple ones…..that makes sense.

Archived