Boycott Boner & Corny - wfan hacky morning show

drdetroit

I have never been a fan of wfan's morning low rent crap version of the Howard Stern show but something really ticked me off recently about Boomer Esiason. Not only has this clown, a jet-hater Debbie downer even when the team was good in 2009-2010, defended Brady in deflategate before the Super Bowl, but now because Carrol decided not to run the ball with Lynch with inches to go and the pats won their 4th Super Bowl, bonehead has broken out the KY Jelly and is giving the pats organization an epic hand release:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/19/esiason-calls-deflategate-sour-grapes-colts-got-their-butt-kicked/

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4634712-boomer-esiason-colts-ravens-coordinated-deflategate-to-embarrass-tom-brady-new-england-patriots

FU Boomer. I guess all conspiracy theories are true as long as they don't involve precious Belichick or Brady

I didn't like these guys when I got back to the states and started listening to sports radio again but they're not all that bad.  I don't like the off-topic rants because sometimes they go on way too long.  I think Boomer gets heat for just calling it like he sees it.  I've heard him say good and bad things about the Jets, but fans sometimes focus on the negative.  FAN is the only NY sports station I can get on my daily drive so when there's news worth hearing about, I tune in.

Boomer is alleging Pagano had the ball Jackson picked deflated and the other 10 balls were deflated due to atmospheric conditions. Alleges Pagano and Harbaugh conspired together to embarrass Brady.

The guy bleeds Patriot blue

But hey at least we have the comic relief of hearing his ugly bald headed sidekick walk on the Brooklyn bridge with a thong - like Howard's show hasn't done similar crap for 25 years

For the most part I do find these guys funny and I actually think Carton is a genuinely nice guy in real life.  I do agree though that sometimes they can go into these rants/bromance type moments that they just end up taking way too far.  One of the more entertaining morning shows though especially with Howard basically semi retired at this point (he's off again this week).

For the most part I do find these guys funny and I actually think Carton is a genuinely nice guy in real life. I do agree though that sometimes they can go into these rants/bromance type moments that they just end up taking way too far. One of the more entertaining morning shows though especially with Howard basically semi retired at this point (he's off again this week).

Started subscribing to the Artie lange podcast. Best sports talk around and actually funny. Unlike Boomer worshipping at the altar of Bob Kraft

Agree with the OP...

except Carton is unlistenable.  Every once in a while I end up hitting the WFAN button on my way to work in the morning, foolishly hoping something changes or Carton is off...When you listen to him - it typically doesn't go 3 minutes before he makes it about himself.

Boomer used to be good and honest but he's become a shill...I think Woody pissed him off and now he's like Francessa and goes out of his to bash the Jets and support all things not Jets..

Heck even Francessa doesn't buy into the Pats BS...

I didn't like these guys when I got back to the states and started listening to sports radio again but they're not all that bad.  I don't like the off-topic rants because sometimes they go on way too long.  I think Boomer gets heat for just calling it like he sees it.  I've heard him say good and bad things about the Jets, but fans sometimes focus on the negative.  FAN is the only NY sports station I can get on my daily drive so when there's news worth hearing about, I tune in.

Entirely too much non-sports stuff and and almost all of it is Carton stroking himself.  I like Boomer.  Why shouldn't he hate the Jets.  He played for Kotite.  And Everett McIver tried to get him killed.

radio show hosts would be on tv if they were knowledgable enough, but alas, they are not

That's ridiculous. Jody Mac and Richard Neer both know their sh*t. Sure there's jackasses like Beningo and Carton. But you're going to tell me Steve Sommers doesn't know what he's talking about? 

That's ridiculous. Jody Mac and Richard Neer both know their sh*t. Sure there's jackasses like Beningo and Carton. But you're going to tell me Steve Sommers doesn't know what he's talking about? 

Agreed...love Sommers...used to call in to his show all the time MANY years ago in HS.

I agree with the OP.

Boomer used to constantly criticize Rex during his Jet years for being too easy on players and how it never works when the players aren't afraid of their coach,...etc.

So the Jets finally fire him and Boomer does a complete turnaround and Rex is suddenly this great coach that never should have been fired.

Carton is an a*****e.  A few years back he called me up on air saying he'd be coming to my tailgate and he never showed.  We actually raised money for Boomers fund but he never showed.  Mailed our checks in anyway and they were never cashed.  I lost all respect for them.  It's just a bunch of BS. 

If you want to listen to clowns listen to them.  If you want real sports put on Mike and Mike.

I have never been a fan of wfan's morning low rent crap version of the Howard Stern show but something really ticked me off recently about Boomer Esiason. Not only has this clown, a jet-hater Debbie downer even when the team was good in 2009-2010, defended Brady in deflategate before the Super Bowl, but now because Carrol decided not to run the ball with Lynch with inches to go and the pats won their 4th Super Bowl, bonehead has broken out the KY Jelly and is giving the pats organization an epic hand release:http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/19/esiason-calls-deflategate-sour-grapes-colts-got-their-butt-kicked/http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4634712-boomer-esiason-colts-ravens-coordinated-deflategate-to-embarrass-tom-brady-new-england-patriots

FU Boomer. I guess all conspiracy theories are true as long as they don't involve precious Belichick or Brady

Yeah. He's a terrible human being for all the charity he does, especially for CF. Boo hoo.

Mike Francesa is the worst and he is the biggest Jets hater on WFAN. Boomer and Carton isn't supposed to be a sports show it's mostly a comedy show with all the joking and clowning around that Carton does.

Boomer is boring on the radio monotone voice. Benigno has classic jets rants and  speaks the truth about the Jets on Wfan his cohost Evan Roberts is an annoying clown. WFAN is the best sports radio station there is its way better to listen to then Espn ny radio and that annoying Michael Kay that's for sure. As they say WFAN is NY's #1 sports radio station

Actually I think the best, most logical sports guy on the radio is Robin Lundberg on ESPN, but I don't know how many people get a chance to hear him since he's on 4am to 6am. 

Tony Paige is also one of my favorites on WFAN. Somers is definitely one of a kind, that's for sure.

Actually I think the best, most logical sports guy on the radio is Robin Lundberg on ESPN, but I don't know how many people get a chance to hear him since he's on 4am to 6am. 

Tony Paige is also one of my favorites on WFAN. Somers is definitely one of a kind, that's for sure.

Yes Tony is level headed- rare in sports media world. Somers is  a   riot at times besides he like my teams- Jets, Mets and Rangers

I can't listen to them. Carton sounds like your average moron watching football. Makes no sense, beats up his desk and raises his voice to get some (idiotic) point across. Plus his voice is the single most annoying thing in radio.

Boomer is somewhat rational. He should have his own show, then I'd actually listen.

Archived